• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

MrBig

Domino Theory said:
Is there any place to legally download Halo 1 PC? I have the serial key needed to authorize it, but I don't have the actual game disc or download. :/
MS doesn't offer any DD version of it. You'd have to torrent the original ISO if you don't want to buy another disc.

MrBig said:
MS doesn't offer any DD version of it. You'd have to torrent the original ISO if you don't want to buy another disc.
And it still sucks. I have the italian version, but I want the english version. But it isn't illegal if I download the game, when I have the full version, right?

darthbob

Hypertrooper said:
And it still sucks. I have the italian version, but I want the english version. But it isn't illegal if I download the game, when I have the full version, right?

As far as I'M concerned, the license key is what entitles you to the game, but hey...fuck IP laws, right?

darthbob said:
As far as I'M concerned, the license key is what entitles you to the game, but hey...fuck IP laws, right?
Such a legal grey area......its annoying.

Anyways:

While we are giving stuff away: Does anyone need a Reach Recon code?

I have some other codes around here somewhere (I think)... Might give them away too.

MrBig

Just a heads up on the shirts: I requested American Apparel, since I and some others here have said they prefer their material, so it'll be about $20 per shirt. If the storefront lets you choose your own brand shirt it will be less.

Hypertrooper said:
The way I view it is you own the license to play it, you shouldn't be limited to a physical object.

Havok

Hypertrooper said:
As I understand it, while you're allowed to make a backup copy of DMCA-protected stuff yourself, downloading a copy of something you own isn't covered. It's dumb. But uh, lets be real about this. Legal consequences aren't exactly looming for this stuff. I'm not exactly super familiar with whatever the German equivalent is, though.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Awesome Barlow said:
While we are giving stuff away: Does anyone need a Reach Recon code?

I have some other codes around here somewhere (I think)... Might give them away too.

Thanks for reminding me.

I have a few codes that have been lying around here for almost a year (they're all from the Reach console). Problem is, I'm not exactly sure if they've been used or not. The only code I know for sure that hasn't been used is the Halo: Legends "The Package" episode. So here are the codes I have. Just claim which one you want and I'll PM you, but if the code doesn't work, I'm really sorry. I seriously just don't remember if I gave them away on GAF late last year or not. :(

• Halo: Legends - "The Package" episode
  • 48hr XBL trial
  • Elite Armor and Falcon Avatar Accessory (both are from one code)
  • Reach Recon armor (I think you can buy this in the Armory for 100k now?)

darthbob

Domino Theory said:
Thanks for reminding me.

I have a few codes that have been lying around here for almost a year (they're all from the Reach console). Problem is, I'm not exactly sure if they've been used or not. The only code I know for sure that hasn't been used is the Halo: Legends "The Package" episode. So here are the codes I have. Just claim which one you want and I'll PM you, but if the code doesnt work, I'm really sorry. I seriously just don't remember if I gave them away on GAF late last year or not. :(

• 48hr XBL trial

The Package for me?!

darthbob

FyreWulff said:
edit: CURSE YOU DARTHBOB

Code recon has the attachment, Armory recon has no attachment. You still can't get it without the code.

Muahahahaha!

This is what I get for still being at work I guess.

(7:03PM)

Domino Theory said:
Thanks for reminding me.

I have a few codes that have been lying around here for almost a year (they're all from the Reach console). Problem is, I'm not exactly sure if they've been used or not. The only code I know for sure that hasn't been used is the Halo: Legends "The Package" episode. So here are the codes I have. Just claim which one you want and I'll PM you, but if the code doesnt work, I'm really sorry. I seriously just don't remember if I gave them away on GAF late last year or not. :(

• 48hr XBL trial
Recon please?

Domino Theory said:
Thanks for reminding me.

• 48hr XBL trial

I was about to give out some of those codes too after the recon one was taken! Funny timing!

Anyways if anyone knows someone who has an extra flaming Mark V let me know! I tried to preorder the map pack at gamestop and the computer didn't work, the employee refused to get the manager to help and I got frustrated and left.

leonfaria04

Neo Member
I got 5 codes for "The Maw" on XBLA... i wanted to give them in halogaf cause this is my main thread...

First 5 to quote this message will get the code in a PM

darthbob

Kuroyume said:
What's the Elite armor? The fire thing for Elites?

It's the Officer Armor IIRC.

Looks pretty badass, but I prefer the General Armor more.

DAT METAL HORNS

leonfaria04 said:
I got 5 codes for "The Maw" on XBLA... i wanted to give them in halogaf cause this is my main thread...

Sup.

Kuroyume

Banned
darthbob said:
It's the Officer Armor IIRC.

Looks pretty badass, but I prefer the General Armor more.

DAT METAL HORNS

Sup.

Oh, alright.

I'll take the Elite Armor if it hasn't been taken yet.

leonfaria04 said:

I would like one if you have any left. Thanks!

Edit: Thank you so much!

leonfaria04 said:

I don't want a code but I just wanted to drop in and say halo-gaf is still the best community around.

Ruze789

Awesome Barlow said:
Anyways if anyone knows someone who has an extra flaming Mark V let me know!

Was there ever an actual mk v released? The gamestop thing was an odst. I really wanted it to be a mk v but I've never seen one.

And getting into the giveaway spirit I think I still have an extra noble6/ mk vb avatar helmet code. I'll check on it and post back if I still have it.

darthbob

Ruze789 said:
Was there ever an actual mk v released? The gamestop thing was an odst. I really wanted it to be a mk v but I've never seen one.

And getting into the giveaway spirit I think I still have an extra noble6/ mk vb avatar helmet code. I'll check on it and post back if I still have it.

I got a 'Mark V' from the Spring Update Testing Group, but again, it was the ODST helmet with a weird 'fire' thing on it.

I'm pretty certain that there was no actual 'Mark V'.

MrBig

CEA's preorder bonus is MKV full suit

And I still haven't pre-ordered it. Waiting to see if there is a valuable CE version. If there is I'll get it. I skipped out on Reach due to a combination of a lack of funds and a lack of interest in that statue.

Probably needs toning down but tell me what you think:

z3SBh.png

Ruze789 said:

Oh really? Hmmm. I've never actually seen one but not having it is driving my inner Halo-nut crazy!

Lingitiz

Domino Theory said:
Thanks for reminding me.

I have a few codes that have been lying around here for almost a year (they're all from the Reach console). Problem is, I'm not exactly sure if they've been used or not. The only code I know for sure that hasn't been used is the Halo: Legends "The Package" episode. So here are the codes I have. Just claim which one you want and I'll PM you, but if the code doesn't work, I'm really sorry. I seriously just don't remember if I gave them away on GAF late last year or not. :(

• 48hr XBL trial
Could I get that 48hr please?

MrBig

Ramirez said:
Seriously, it's either go into MLG and get your brains beat in, or do it to all of the other kids in the other playlists. There's like no middle ground in Reach...
Yep. I love the MLG settings but after a few games in the playlist I started getting matched up with people that are at my skill level, but are for more devoted to winning. All the other playlists are full of kids that have no idea what there doing. There's nothing for me to play unless I just roll with a good party in the normal playlists and destroy everyone. That's not fun though.

I get my mp fill from BC2 for the time being.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
MrBig said:
I get my mp fill from BC2 for the time being.

Same. I hop on Reach every night from around 8pm PST until 10pm PST hoping that the people I regularly play Reach with are on, but it seems they don't come on during that time anymore so then I just hop onto TF2.

darthbob

Domino Theory said:
Same. I hop on Reach every night from around 8pm PST until 10pm PST hoping that the people I regularly play Reach with are on, but it seems they don't come on during that time anymore so then I just hop onto TF2.

360 version FTW!

(just kidding, hats are pro)

Ramirez

Domino Theory said:

Wat, we've been on like the past 3 nights.

Moar spare codes, because hoarding them just seems a tad pointless;

- 1 month of Xbox Live Gold :O
- a Reach code for the Elite armour and stupid Falcon avatar thingy
- 48 hours of unimaginably entertaining Xbox Live (TM) Gold x2
- the Shale DLC for Dragon Age: Origins, again on 360
- okay, I don't expect any takers for this one but I got a code for an exclusive set of armour for the official Avatar movie-game on 360.... think I got it with the Assassins Creed 2 Limited Edition or something... yeah...

Put some glow on the nade/logo after a tip from vhfive.

AwQso.png

Barrow Roll said:
Waterfront makes me want to punch a wall. Good god, what a fucking terrible Firefight map.

All of the maps make me want to punch walls. Even the decent ones have like the worst spawning lol.

O D I N

Agreed!

Here's mine in case people missed it:

Bad Wolf ODIN

>_>

Anyway, I found a few clips I wanted to share. I think Dax would give his approval.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=21506005&player=Bad Wolf ODIN

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=21505470&player=Bad Wolf ODIN

These were done back in March. At the time, it was 3 (me and two friends) v 5. I felt like a champ with how well I rocked the ProPipe.

No need to render, but if anyone would like to, feel free.

senador said:
I couldn't resist thumper video so I rendered. Nice work. :)

Bravo! Thanks! :D

Top Bottom