• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Ramirez said:
lol, I really do have a bioshock infinite sticker and a NES pad sticker, if they're not destroyed from travel I guess I could drop them in an envelope if you want them.

I also purchased two amazing pieces of artwork that cocop is mailing to me. <3
That would be awesome! <3 I'll PM you my address. That works great because I love the NES and I can't wait for Bioshock Infinite.

darthbob said:
Also, Devin, I saw you got #1 for the "sign your gamertag in this spreadsheet and maybe something will happen!" Nice.
Wait, were there different lists for each day? Because I swear I was #1 on Friday.

Devin if you replaced my gamertag with yours I'll never meet you for breakfast again. :p

------
Unrelated, but I wanted to apologize to some of the GAFers at PAX that I didn't spend much time with - specifically Domino, Ram, Blood, Nutter, etc. I wish I would have made a greater effort to hang out with you guys, it seems like I spent most of my time around the HBO crowd (and Hypertrooper, Hitmonchan, etc.) Just wanted to let you guys know it was nothing personal and we'll have to plan a more convenient GAF meetup next time!

------
I have an avatar item code or two, but I think I'm going to save them for prizes in a future event. I haven't talked to Hitmonchan about it yet but I was thinking we should try to do another Halo Community Tournament maybe around mid-October. Celebrate the TU and get people hyped for CEA. Things will go much more smoothly after all of the lessons I learned from the last Tournament.

FyreWulff

ncsuDuncan said:
Wait, were there different lists for each day? Because I swear I was #1 on Friday.

Devin if you replaced my gamertag with yours I'll never meet you for breakfast again. :p

------
Unrelated, but I wanted to apologize to some of the GAFers at PAX that I didn't spend much time with - specifically Domino, Ram, Blood, Nutter, etc. I wish I would have made a greater effort to hang out with you guys, it seems like I spent most of my time around the HBO crowd (and Hypertrooper, Hitmonchan, etc.) Just wanted to let you guys know it was nothing personal and we'll have to plan a more convenient GAF meetup next time!

------
I have an avatar item code or two, but I think I'm going to save them for prizes in a future event. I haven't talked to Hitmonchan about it yet but I was thinking we should try to do another Halo Community Tournament maybe around mid-October. Celebrate the TU and get people hyped for CEA. Things will go much more smoothly after all of the lessons I learned from the last Tournament.

Where were they handing those out anyway?

Devin Olsen said:
Can I force where I spawn when I am forging? Right now it seems almost random...

Not the best picture, but is this what you wanted?
rSRLFl.jpg

that shirt is amazing. was that 343 swag or did someone from HaloGAF make them?

Dug

Banned
ncsuDuncan said:
Still wish I could've made it to the tournament. Maybe this time I will be able to make it.

Sean P.

Letters said:
Thanks! Honestly hadn't seen it yet in any of the pics. Though would still like to see it while the shirt is being worn by someone, to get a better idea of the exact placement on the back. But don't worry about it, thanks again.

292784_2305916856619_1510203707_2524552_6376497_n.jpg

e: nobody is allowed to comment on my sexy hip swing pose.

Ramirez

Force Lift!

IMG_1917.jpg

Blood doing his best skiing pose to move in the game, EazyB floored by the amazing game he's experiencing.

IMG_1919.jpg

Really short vid of them playing, I forgot that my wife's camera could record, and only got like the last 8 seconds of them playing. :( It does have a sweet movement pose by Eazy though, lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gHH2f7Tedc

Sorry for not getting more recorded, it was glorious I assure you, got more entertainment out of this 5 minutes than anything else that weekend, lol.

Dug said:
Still wish I could've made it to the tournament. Maybe this time I will be able to make it.
I have a few ideas cooking. Definitely want to avoid the drama from last time, as well as the minor issues we had with team selection, official map/gametype use, prize distribution, etc.

I'll hammer out the details over the next few weeks, so don't expect any announcements just yet.

FyreWulff said:
Where were they handing those out anyway?
I believe one was in the swag bag and the other was handed out at the "Waypoint Lounge" next to the Warthog.

Karl2177

What the hell was the Forging tournament about at PAX? I haven't been told this yet.

Ramirez said:
Only one person interested in the Grunt Plushy? GAF, I am disappoint.
I will be if that's it. I don't understand what everyone else is doing with theirs. Who is gifting, shipping, raffling, and whatnot.

ncsuDuncan said:

------

------
No need to apologize dude. It is tough with everyone staying in different places. For Cocop, Ramirez, and I to make it to that gaf breakfast we would have had to woken up by 5 am and left Cocops place by 6 to make it in time and we were all completely beat.

Booshka

Ramirez said:
I'll 1v1 anyone in SR for it.

If we could put something together that is fun for it, I would be interested in participating, but I don't really care about getting a Grunt plushie. The fun of the competition would be more fun to me.

FyreWulff

Karl2177 said:
What the hell was the Forging tournament about at PAX? I haven't been told this yet.

You had 10-15 minutes to do Forgeart.

I did a train pulling cars around the Island. It was the best thing I could think of in the limited time available.

Sean P.

FyreWulff said:
You had 10-15 minutes to do Forgeart.

I did a train pulling cars around the Island. It was the best thing I could think of in the limited time available.

Was that what the H3 consoles were given out for?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Eazy's facial expressions are priceless. God, I can't wait till the kids I babysit get that game, so I can ridicule them and their awful taste.
JK, I'll go easy on them.

Ramirez

Hmm, not getting much interest for the plush with my original idea, so I think I'll just throw up some questions and see who gets the most right, PM me the answers, if you know them, please don't post the answers on here!

1) Can you tell me where my GAF handle originated from?

2) Can you tell me what my original Live Gamertag was?

3) Can you tell me who I helped in Halo 3 obtain a level 45, which might as well have been a 50 for this person?

4) How did I get my Recon armor in Halo 3?

Final question, and this one will be really hard aside from the people who play with me regularly.

5) Two of my favorite games ever are games that most people hate, one is on the Dreamcast, the other on the DS.

I'll see if anyone gets #5 first, if not I'll start throwing out some hints, the first 4 should be easy enough to find.

PM me your answers if interested, if I play with you every night, you are DQ. :p

GhaleonEB said:
Me and Squid would be talking Firefight all day while you guys watched from Bannsville.
:lol
I definitely want to bend your ear about Installation 04. That map is so sexy.

oddworld18 said:
that shirt is amazing. was that 343 swag or did someone from HaloGAF make them?
Letters made it. It's in the NeoGAF store

Ramirez said:
If it's a 1v1 to see who can lose by the widest margin while still trying, I'm totally interested. Dammit, I know none of these questions.

Ramirez

squidhands said:
:lol
I definitely want to bend your ear about Installation 04. That map is so sexy.

Letters made it. It's in the NeoGAF store

If it's a 1v1 to see who can lose by the widest margin while still trying, I'm totally interested. Dammit, I know none of these questions.

If it helps, most of them can be found by searching the old Halo 3 thread with keywords I would imagine. :p All except question 1...

darthbob

ncsuDuncan said:

Yours was #2 when I checked. It was just an Excel sheet with /rw/ privs, so that wouldn't surprise me to see someone alter.

Alright since so few people PM'd me about the swag I am going to open it up to HBO as well, and there is a little more involved than a PM now.

Download my game type and map from my file share. The two people who complete the map the fastest will win the swag bags.

Gametype

Map

Grand Prize - Estimated Value (based off Ebay $100.00+ )
(There will be two Grand Prize Winners, the only difference is the avatar prop)

• HaloFest Mega Bloks - Halo CE UNSC Warthog
  • Oct 2011 OXM
  • Halo Fest Mega Bloks - Halo CE Covenant Elite
  • Energy Sword Avatar Prop OR Cortana Avatar Prop
  • Cloth HaloFest Swag Bag

alYTHl.jpg

FaiFYl.jpg

rESFdl.jpg

Please save the film clip in your file share and PM me it when you want to submit your time. For now I am saying the contest will end in 24 hours, but if that isn't enough time I may change it.

Contest is only open to residents of USA and Canada.

Good Luck!

Thermite

Ramirez said:
Hmm, not getting much interest for the plush with my original idea, so I think I'll just throw up some questions and see who gets the most right, PM me the answers, if you know them, please don't post the answers on here!

3) Can you tell me who I helped in Halo 3 obtain a level 45, which might as well have been a 50 for this person?

Final question, and this one will be really hard aside from the people who play with me regularly.

5) Two of my favorite games ever are games that most people hate, one is on the Dreamcast, the other on the DS.

I'll see if anyone gets #5 first, if not I'll start throwing out some hints, the first 4 should be easy enough to find.

PM me your answers if interested, if I play with you every night, you are DQ. :p

AHAHA Dat 5th question.

Homeboyd

Can we get an update on what maps are currently featured in what playlists sometime soon? Not sure if anything has been moved around since 343 took over but I've noticed a few new trends in some of the playlists I didn't see before.

Ramirez

The person in the lead as of now has 2 out of 5 right, I'll give you question 5 if you can name one of the two, probably impossible to guess both of them in one try.

feel

Sean P. said:
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/292784_2305916856619_1510203707_2524552_6376497_n.jpg[IMG]

e: nobody is allowed to comment on my sexy hip swing pose.[/QUOTE]
Cool, thanks!

[QUOTE=Ramirez]Force Lift!

[IMG]http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii239/TJRamirez3/IMG_1917.jpg[IMG]

Blood doing his best skiing pose to move in the game, EazyB floored by the amazing game he's experiencing.

[IMG]http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii239/TJRamirez3/IMG_1919.jpg[IMG]

Really short vid of them playing, I forgot that my wife's camera could record, and only got like the last 8 seconds of them playing. :( It does have a sweet movement pose by Eazy though, lol.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gHH2f7Tedc[/url]

Sorry for not getting more recorded, it was glorious I assure you, got more entertainment out of this 5 minutes than anything else that weekend, lol.[/QUOTE]
EPIC :lol :lol

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Ramirez said:

Highlander.

HomoWad

EazyB

Went somewhere bad with LukeMs

Chu Chu Rocket and Scribblenauts

Ramirez

squidhands said:
I have mad respect for you now that I know where your GT comes from. <3

Answer the questions! Leader has two right, two!

I bought this thing for you GAF! I thought people would be more interested in it. :(

The image in my head of Frankie (who probably signs off all the Halo merch) opening up that swag bag of halo stuff cracks me up.

Ramirez I would play but I have a really early start tomorrow. :( I think I might be able to guess the answers to some questions but some are totally impossible. The recon answer is probably the only one I would actually know without scouring the thread for the next hour or so lol.

Tawpgun

I see how it is Mr. Devin Olsen. Discriminating against those of us who got waped by Irene... :p

Also, sign me up for the PAX Beast list.

Dug

Banned
Ramirez said:

I bought this thing for you GAF! I thought people would be more interested in it. :(
I would, except I don't know the answer to any of them :(. 343, y u no sell them online?!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Ramirez said:

I would totally answer the questions, but I don't really like to collect stuff. I like to keep my possessions down to just a few boxes, so I don't have many toys or figures or anything. Maybe other folks are the same?

You should wait till folks are off work, too. It's only 4:31 here on the best coast.

I like your quiz idea, though! I'm curious to see what the actual answers are.

Edit: Fuck "wape". It's not funny.

Ramirez said:

Man, I know nothing about you, but I want a Plushie sooo bad. :lol

I don't know any of those answers!

Crazy Taxi, Jet Set Radio, Virtua Tennis, Power Stone! am I close!?

You got recon for beating that guy max in mm and then he got banned.

Ramirez

xxjuicesxx said:
I don't know any of those answers!

Crazy Taxi, Jet Set Radio, Virtua Tennis, Power Stone! am I close!?

You got recon for beating that guy max in mm and then he got banned.

Facepalm.gif

As for not knowing anything about me, I know for a fact that at least 3-4 of them can be found searching the Halo 3 OT. I can't make it too easy, then I'd have to come up with a tiebreaker. :p

Top Bottom