• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

Zoolader

Devin Olsen said:
Alright since so few people PM'd me about the swag I am going to open it up to HBO as well, and there is a little more involved than a PM now.

Download my game type and map from my file share. The two people who complete the map the fastest will win the swag bags.

Please save the film clip in your file share and PM me it when you want to submit your time. For now I am saying the contest will end in 24 hours, but if that isn't enough time I may change it.

Contest is only open to residents of USA and Canada.

Good Luck!

Geez mister this map is hard! I still can't get down from the starting point! Does it get easier after the beginning?

edit: I just got down with 7 minutes left, but after getting on the mongoose I did a wheelie off the next platform, haha. I'm going to have to practice getting down from the start.

edit 2: I just started 4 games in a row inside the coliseum... I think you forgot a spawn point.

JB1981

anybody playing? i always play reach alone and would love to play with some good people. My 360 tag is Beamber. I am up for anything

heckfu said:
Everyone on reach today has been a huge racist.

cUh2w.jpg

Teabagged whenever possible. They didn't even finish.

Tawpgun

omg.kittens said:
Edit: Fuck "wape". It's not funny.
Do you find it offensive or are you just against a little joke word a couple of us occasionally say? Serious question. I don't even use it regularly. If you want, replace it with one of the following...

Donged
Blained
BXR'd
Dongblained
Pooped on

Retro

JB1981 said:
anybody playing? i always play reach alone and would love to play with some good people. My 360 tag is Beamber. I am up for anything

Friend Request in 10, you can be my first guinea pig for my urban combat map.

Ramirez

For the new page, and some question 5 hints.

Hmm, not getting much interest for the plush with my original idea, so I think I'll just throw up some questions and see who gets the most right, PM me the answers, if you know them, please don't post the answers on here!

1) Can you tell me where my GAF handle originated from?

2) Can you tell me what my original Live Gamertag was?

3) Can you tell me who I helped in Halo 3 obtain a level 45, which might as well have been a 50 for this person?

4) How did I get my Recon armor in Halo 3?

Final question, and this one will be really hard aside from the people who play with me regularly.

5) Two of my favorite games ever are games that most people hate, one is on the Dreamcast, the other on the DS.

PM me your answers if interested, if I play with you every night, you are DQ. :p

DC game was published by SEGA, DS game was published by Nintendo.

The other 4 questions can be found here on GAF in some Halo 2/3 thread, of that I am sure.

senador

Banned
Just getting caught up on thread. Ram, I will play this game for a bit. I'll see what I can find.

Edit: LOL at the thread today. WTF

If you ever want to hate KFC, google how they treat the chickens. I can never eat there again.

Ramirez

senador said:
Just getting caught up on thread. Ram, I will play this game for a bit. I'll see what I can find.

Edit: LOL at the thread today. WTF

If you ever want to hate KFC, google how they treat the chickens. I can never eat there again.

This isn't exclusive to KFC, if you knew how your food got to you(and was treated), you'd just eat out of your own garden. :p

Good for you though on actually trying to dig for the answers. :)

Zoolader said:
Geez mister this map is hard! I still can't get down from the starting point! Does it get easier after the beginning?

edit: I just got down with 7 minutes left, but after getting on the mongoose I did a wheelie off the next platform, haha. I'm going to have to practice getting down from the start.

edit 2: I just started 4 games in a row inside the coliseum... I think you forgot a spawn point.
Just fall against the soft barrier... Sorry I thought more people would get that :p

Alright for clarification picking up Armor Lock = the end... I suck and should have mentioned that.

I am fixing the spawn points now, sorry :(

Edit: I am no good at placement, Emily will make it look fancier, but the Duke has a new home!

U4zlAl.jpg

Zoolader

Devin Olsen said:
Just fall against the soft barrier... Sorry I thought more people would get that :p

Ya thanks I finally got that down, took me a while. So what are we suppose to do to finish? I see the armor lock , am I suppose to do a victory spike with it to finish?

Ok just saw your edit, thanks. I'm gonna get back to it and try to get a solid time now.

ElRenoRaven

OuterWorldVoice said:
This is an OUTRAGE!

You know I can just picture you the second you found out. I know I would damn well feel insulted but at the same time wouldn't be able to do anything but laugh at it.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Ramirez said:
This isn't exclusive to KFC, if you knew how your food got to you(and was treated), you'd just eat out of your own garden. :p

I had a vegan professor try to push an anti meat lifestyle the whole semester. Showing videos of slaughtered animals and reading books on it too. Nice try, I love chicken and beef.

Oh my god Forge GAF help me, lol.

I dropped a spawn point in the water trying to fix the spawns on my map... Now it's down there and I don't know how to delete it.

Zoolader

Devin Olsen said:

I dropped a spawn point in the water trying to fix the spawns on my map... Now it's down there and I don't know how to delete it.

Make a new spawn, then go to the edit option while holding it and the options will ask you if you want to delete all of that object type. You will have to redo all of the spawns that were that type. But the spawn should just disappear though like most objects when dropping them in the water.

ElRenoRaven

thezerofire said:
Their grilled chicken is pretty damn delicious too. All I ever get now.

Yes it is. I remember my first real job when I hit 16. It was working for KFC. It was a great job other then the constant slipping on wet floors in the evenings. I'll never forget it till the day I die. Mainly because of the time I sliced into my thumb to the bone and the other time my hand went into a cooker. lol But still I liked it.

Also I wasn't having any issues with live when I was on AOE awhile ago.

Devin Olsen said:

Spawn another object and push it as far away from you as you can. The "range" of your grab is actually affected by how far the last object you held was. When it's as far as it can go, delete it. Then go to the water where you dropped the spawn point, and go underwater, use your scope, and attempt to find the point. Once you do, look straight at it and keep hitting Y and slowly moving downwards. If that doesn't work, try it from a different angle. Generally the water isn't deep enough to have things be ungrabbable at maximum range.

EDIT: I know deleting all of them is easier, but if you want to get rid of JUST that spawn point this can help out a lot.

Devolution said:
cUh2w.jpg

Teabagged whenever possible. They didn't even finish.

Once played against someone with the tag 'jewsinanoven'. After the game, a friend and I told him in the postgame (very calmly and politely) that his gamertag was wildly offensive and we were going to report it. He proceeded to go absolutely ape shit on us and continued to send us rampaging XBLive messages for about a week.

Some people...

Tashi0106 said:
I had a vegan professor try to push an anti meat lifestyle the whole semester. Showing videos of slaughtered animals and reading books on it too. Nice try, I love chicken and beef.

Yeah I've had that as well. Then I tasted the meat again.

So I needed to tweak the map a bit since I messed up the spawns.... I also want to clarify that reaching the armor lock and triggering it is the end of the map, once you do that you're done.

----------------

Alright since so few people PM'd me about the swag I am going to open it up to HBO as well, and there is a little more involved than a PM now.

Download my game type and map from my file share. The two people who complete the map the fastest will win the swag bags.

Gametype 2.0

Map 2.0

Grand Prize - Estimated Value (based off Ebay $100.00+ )
(There will be two Grand Prize Winners, the only difference is the avatar prop)

• HaloFest Mega Bloks - Halo CE UNSC Warthog
  • Oct 2011 OXM
  • Halo Fest Mega Bloks - Halo CE Covenant Elite
  • Energy Sword Avatar Prop OR Cortana Avatar Prop
  • Cloth HaloFest Swag Bag

alYTHl.jpg

FaiFYl.jpg

rESFdl.jpg

Please save the film clip in your file share and PM me it when you want to submit your time. For now I am saying the contest will end in 24 hours, but if that isn't enough time I may change it.

Contest is only open to residents of USA and Canada.

Good Luck!

JB1981 said:

Friend Request Sent.

I played a couple of games of H3 today. The things that stood out the most to me are jump height, feel of DMR vs BR, and movement speed.

senador

Banned
Ramirez said:

I give up. Been using Google to find results and haven't found any of the first 4. Some of you guys have been posting a long time. That's awesome!

I read about number 4 not too long ago, but I didn't bother finding the details since I couldn't find 1-3 anyway.

I did read a thread with Dax practically begging Eazy to play with him. LOL! Eazy seems like a cool guy, too bad he was perma-banned.

BlueScrote said:
Friend Request Sent.

I played a couple of games of H3 today. The things that stood out the most to me are jump height, feel of DMR vs BR, and movement speed.

Oh and grenades don't act like mini nukes in H3.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
A27 Tawpgun said:
Do you find it offensive or are you just against a little joke word a couple of us occasionally say? Serious question. I don't even use it regularly. If you want, replace it with one of the following...

Donged
Blained
BXR'd
Dongblained
Pooped on
It's offensive, irresponsible, and ignorant. Rather than me replacing it, how about you replace it.

And I know it's not just you using the word, and so I don't mean to single you out. It's the only thing I really hate about HaloGAF.

Tashi0106 said:
Nintendogs?
lol.
OuterWorldVoice said:
This is an OUTRAGE!
LOL.
Letters said:
weekly dose of Mister Chief needs to return
YES, please.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
I was browsing the internet for some concept work for Reach and I stumbled across this nice piece. I haven't seen it before and it wasn't released with the official artwork on Waypoint the day before the Defiant Map pack hit.

Apologies if old, but I don't think it is. It's done by Jason Borne at Certain Affinity.

Condemned

condemned%20skybox.jpg

Just imagine the treasure trove of unreleased art and assets 343 are sitting on... =/

Damn i hard want a cortana avatar prop, ebay prices are a bit to steep for the unemployed. :(. Life taking one shit turn after another lately damn man.

ZalinKrow

Good games tonight guys :D Those BTB maps sure are amazing haha. On the bright side, at least we never got Spire. Was cool getting to play with some people on here that I haven't played with before too.

Tawpgun

omg.kittens said:
It's offensive, irresponsible, and ignorant. Rather than me replacing it, how about you replace it.

And I know it's not just you using the word, and so I don't mean to single you out. It's the only thing I really hate about HaloGAF.

I didn't really know people who play video games, on XBL especially, got easily offended about this kind of stuff. It's definitely not just HaloGAF either. Rape is one of the most common alternatives to "owned"

I honestly say it without really thinking because I know the difference between rape online and the real thing. Its just a common phrase you hear nowadays. Not exclusive to gaming either.

MrBig

A27 Tawpgun said:
I didn't really know people who play video games, on XBL especially, got easily offended about this kind of stuff. It's definitely not just HaloGAF either. Rape is one of the most common alternatives to "owned"

I honestly say it without really thinking because I know the difference between rape online and the real thing. Its just a common phrase you hear nowadays. Not exclusive to gaming either.
Yes indeed. Getting mad at jokingly using words like that is like saying video games are just euphemisms to killing people.

Normally I keep my mouth shut because it's hard enough having bropals in gaming, but hearing "oh you got raped" is just demoralizing. I can only imagine how it feels for women who actually have been raped.

Top Bottom