• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

senador

Banned
Demoncarnotaur said:
Yup, McFarlane. The visor looks a little funky in that picture, but in person it looks a lot nicer. Its supposed to be a low poly version like the original games model. It is weird they made so many hard edges on it but yeah, I like it.. Its also bigger than past MC figures which is a plus.

Now my mind is spinning with all the possibilities in classic figures! Haha but seriously, I do hope we get more CE/CEA merch down the line.

I like the low poly look. When I saw this months ago I thought "wow a McFarlane that looks good". You didn't say where you got it. ;)

lybertyboy said:
Primordium will be hardback first just like Cryptum.

Glad I thought about it. I'd love matching paperback versions. Hmm, what to do?

Thanks! Again, you guys seriously rock. :)

cheezy_kick-pedal600.jpg

This is Frankie's lag switch.

Ramirez

senador said:
I give up. Been using Google to find results and haven't found any of the first 4. Some of you guys have been posting a long time. That's awesome!

I read about number 4 not too long ago, but I didn't bother finding the details since I couldn't find 1-3 anyway.

I did read a thread with Dax practically begging Eazy to play with him. LOL! Eazy seems like a cool guy, too bad he was perma-banned.

lol, I just went and typed in both of the games from Q5 and my name and it brought back a ton of results on here. :p

One of them led me to a page in the Halo 3 OT where Dax was asking Eazy if he really wanted to play with him, lol. You might have been closer than you think. ;)

About the Halo 4 warthog.. I like the look of this more than the flat green texture it has in standard view, but I still think it kinda looks like a big toy in Forza-

Screenshot2011-08-31at120922AM.png

senador said:
I like the low poly look. When I saw this months ago I thought "wow a McFarlane that looks good". You didn't say where you got it. ;)

Heh, sorry, edited it into my post. Got it at a Gamestop in Pittsburgh PA.

Sai-kun said:
Also ugh @ the chief figures! I almost bought all 5 of them, but ended up getting a kinect + dance central after I got off work :p Dammit. I want them all so I can make the legendary shield!

If you go for all 5 be sure to pick up the Grunt ASAP as it will be the really hard one to find, especially since it has the skull included. I got that one also, but namely for the skull.. the mold is a repaint and it hasn't been re-scaled. Cant wait to pick up Dutch though, just need to wait for the money first.

GhaleonEB

So, Xbox.com and in-game I'm being told that I cannot send messages to other players any longer, and the options are greyed out. I have no idea why - I could before PAX. Any ideas how to troubleshoot?

Dani and company, I was hoping to join your crew if you had room.

GhaleonEB said:
So, Xbox.com and in-game I'm being told that I cannot send messages to other players any longer, and the options are greyed out. I have no idea why - I could before PAX. Any ideas how to troubleshoot?

Dani and company, I was hoping to join your crew if you had room.

Got you next game.

GhaleonEB

Devolution said:
Got you next game.
I wonder if I can't receive messages either. I see you guys sitting in the lobby but I haven't gotten anything.

Anyone have any ideas? I have no idea what to do. My router has had me stuck at Moderate NAT for a month. If it's router related, I'm going to buy a new one tomorrow. But I honestly have no clue what's going on, it was fine before PAX.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
GhaleonEB said:
I wonder if I can't receive messages either. I see you guys sitting in the lobby but I haven't gotten anything.

Anyone have any ideas? I have no idea what to do. My router has had me stuck at Moderate NAT for a month. If it's router related, I'm going to buy a new one tomorrow. But I honestly have no clue what's going on, it was fine before PAX.

I sent you a few messages and invites, you didn't receive them? =(

GhaleonEB

Dani said:
I sent you a few messages and invites, you didn't receive them? =(
Nope. I'm totally dark on Live, both xbox.com and on the 360. In-game, all communication options are greyed out. On Xbox.com, I try to send a message and it kicks me out to a screen saying my system settings block all communication on Live.

I'm asking for help from Xbox Live's Elite Tweet Fleet - I went to their panel at PAX. Here's their chance to live up to their hype. :p

I still can't get over how perfect Headlong looked in that leaked video. The visual style just seems to fit so perfectly.

One odd thought - I'm intrigued by the Superintendent on the billboard. It's a very fitting egg, I just thought that logo was a Bungie copyright. It's not unreasonable to think 343/CA got permission to use it, I was just surprised to see it.

GhaleonEB said:
Nope. I'm totally dark on Live, both xbox.com and on the 360. In-game, all communication options are greyed out. On Xbox.com, I try to send a message and it kicks me out to a screen saying my system settings block all communication on Live.

I'm asking for help from Xbox Live's Elite Tweet Fleet - I went to their panel at PAX. Here's their chance to live up to their hype. :p

We're in your party hrhr.

blamite

lybertyboy said:
Primordium will be hardback first just like Cryptum.
What about Glasslands and other books going forward? I already have every previous book (other than Cryptum) in paperback, I'm not gonna have to drop that trend, am I? :p

senador

Banned
Ramirez said:
lol, I just went and typed in both of the games from Q5 and my name and it brought back a ton of results on here. :p

One of them led me to a page in the Halo 3 OT where Dax was asking Eazy if he really wanted to play with him, lol. You might have been closer than you think. ;)

Well damn, maybe I'll try again. I would love that grunt plushie. ;) Edit: Oh found some!

Demoncarnotaur said:
Heh, sorry, edited it into my post. Got it at a Gamestop in Pittsburgh PA.

Ah, was hoping you snagged online.

----
One more Cryptum question... Is art part of the cover or is it a sleeve?

VV Cool thanks.

Ramirez

GhaleonEB said:

Have you checked your system settings? I lost Recon back in Halo 3, thought Bungie had taken it away from me, but some how my system settings had been set to some strict family settings even though I had never changed them.

GhaleonEB

Ramirez said:
Have you checked your system settings? I lost Recon back in Halo 3, thought Bungie had taken it away from me, but some how my system settings had been set to some strict family settings even though I had never changed them.
Yeah, I've been rummaging there as well. All told, I've spent around 12 hours trying to shed the Moderate NAT, using every guide on xbox.com and anything I can google. I'm trying to wade through port forwarding (here and here) and it's driving me insane. I've managed to drive xbox.com support on Twitter - which has been fast and responsive - into a brick wall. I am no good with computer router.

Dani said:
Terrible matches. =/

Quitters, lag and being unable to spawn on hemorrhage. Oi vey.

GhaleonEB said:
Yeah, I've been rummaging there as well. All told, I've spent around 12 hours trying to shed the Moderate NAT, using every guide on xbox.com and anything I can google. I'm trying to wade through port forwarding (here and here) and it's driving me insane. I've managed to drive xbox.com support on Twitter - which has been fast and responsive - into a brick wall. I am no good with computer router.

You sure it's not your ISP?

Letters said:
The Halo 4 warthog is only vulnerable to Banshee's FRG and plasma cannon.

No Spartan laser one shot vehicle kills in Halo 4!!

2w65ulg.jpg

wait, what about rocket launchers and grenades?? Oh well, NO LASERS WOOOO!!!

The game we played on hemorrhage could have used a laser or two, rather than a sole plasma launcher horded by the other team =/.

senador

Banned
Ramirez said:
Did you see the black car on the day it rained?

And with that...gnight.

Totally don't know what that means but I just sent you the answers to all 5 questions. Got damn right. Google Fu FTW.

Now I feel weird.

-Yeti said:
It's always fun playing with Gaffers, but matches like the ones we played really hurt the experience. That Hemorrhage match was brutal.

I feel bad that all of the matches we played with lybertyboy (david) were laggy, had quitters and or were a clusterfuck, even though there was nothing I could do about it.

GhaleonEB

Devolution said:
You sure it's not your ISP?
Yup, because plugging the Xbox directly into the modem fixes the Moderate NAT.

The Xbox Support guys just got me to fixing that on Twitter (after an hour of troubleshooting), I'm back to Open. Next up is finding out why I can't communicate any longer.

Edit: and fixed. Props to the Elite Tweet Fleet. They know their stuff.

Anyone gonna be playing Reach in 15mins?

I was thinking about trying to complete the weekly

Just hope my Internet connection doesn't go out during playing

EDIT: Oh yeah, forgot to post my GT

GT: Lazykarl20

Nutter said:
People are MIA tonight.

You playin' small matches? I can't take anymore 6 and up playlists.

GhaleonEB said:
Yup, because plugging the Xbox directly into the modem fixes the Moderate NAT.

The Xbox Support guys just got me to fixing that on Twitter (after an hour of troubleshooting), I'm back to Open. Next up is finding out why I can't communicate any longer.

Weird that your stuff would just revert like that though.

Devolution said:
I feel bad that all of the matches we played with lybertyboy (david) were laggy, had quitters and or were a clusterfuck, even though there was nothing I could do about it.
Yeah, just one of those nights I guess. Also, BTB.

Ramirez

Simply...masterful.

citizenkane.gif

Senador got all 5 right, and supplied GAF links for proof! lol Send me your address sir, I'll get the plushy out as soon as I can.

For anyone interested...

1) Can you tell me where my GAF handle originated from? Skies of Arcadia

2) Can you tell me what my original Live Gamertag was? DaAnswer3

3) Can you tell me who I helped in Halo 3 obtain a level 45, which might as well have been a 50 for this person? Metroidvania

4) How did I get my Recon armor in Halo 3? MaxPL said he could beat any of us, Frankie offered Recon to anyone who beat him in a 1v1, he declined. I got matched up with him randomly in MLG one day, and was bestowed the gift.

5) Two of my favorite games ever are games that most people hate, one is on the Dreamcast, the other on the DS. Shenmue & Hotel Dusk

Bravo sir, I really didn't see anyone going through the trouble of getting them all right.

The black car/raining hint was from Shenmue, was like the first thing you had to do in the game, lol.

Ramirez said:
Simply...masterful.

Senador got all 5 right, and supplied GAF links for proof! lol Send me your address sir, I'll get the plushy out as soon as I can.

For anyone interested...

1) Can you tell me where my GAF handle originated from? Skies of Arcadia

2) Can you tell me what my original Live Gamertag was? DaAnswer3

3) Can you tell me who I helped in Halo 3 obtain a level 45, which might as well have been a 50 for this person? Metroidvania

4) How did I get my Recon armor in Halo 3? MaxPL said he could beat any of us, Frankie offered Recon to anyone who beat him in a 1v1, he declined. I got matched up with him randomly in MLG one day, and was bestowed the gift.

5) Two of my favorite games ever are games that most people hate, one is on the Dreamcast, the other on the DS. Shenmue & Hotel Dusk

Bravo sir, I really didn't see anyone going through the trouble of getting them all right.

The black car/raining hint was from Shenmue, was like the first thing you had to do in the game, lol.
everyone I know who's played those games has loved them. There's hate for them?

Ramirez

thezerofire said:
everyone I know who's played those games has loved them. There's hate for them?

Well, I thought the people I played Halo with had bad taste, but maybe this confirms it. I'm ridiculed every time I bring these games up, most of them have never even heard of Shenmue and didn't own Dreamcasts. A shame, I know.

Joking aside, yes those games get a lot of crap on GAF, they have their super hardcore fans of course, but on the whole I've always gotten that the majority dislikes them. HD2 didn't even get a US release. :(

Ramirez said:
Well, I thought the people I played Halo with had bad taste, but maybe this confirms it. I'm ridiculed every time I bring these games up, most of them have never even heard of Shenmue and didn't own Dreamcasts. A shame, I know.
I have one but I don't have Shenmue. All I ever really had was Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 and Worms. Oh and Tony Hawk.

GhaleonEB

Ramirez said:
Skies of Arcadia and Shenmue are both some of my favorite games. Skies is still my favorite JRPG. Masterful on multiple fronts; I own the 2-disc imported soundtrack.

Also, now I can receive messages and game invites, but not reply or accept them. WTF.

Ramirez

thezerofire said:
I have one but I don't have Shenmue. All I ever really had was Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 and Worms. Oh and Tony Hawk.

Gross.

Anyone who didn't get to experience Phantasy Star Online in its prime really missed out.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I fucking adore Skies of Arcadia and Shenmue is one of my all time favorites. Hotel Dusk, I remember when it came out people had hard ons for it but I never checked it out. I hear good things though.

Wow, you own that soundtrack Ghal? So good. Definitely my favorite JRPG as well. Hands down.

Top Bottom