• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

ElRenoRaven

GhaleonEB said:
Skies of Arcadia and Shenmue are both some of my favorite games. Skies is still my favorite JRPG. Masterful on multiple fronts; I own the 2-disc imported soundtrack.

Also, now I can receive messages and game invites, but not reply or accept them. WTF.

Sounds like it's a problem on XBL's end. And you have under 200 posts to go to OT6. I fully expect the new one by the time I wake up people. If it isn't here then you're all slacking.

GhaleonEB

Tashi0106 said:
I fucking adore Skies of Arcadia and Shenmue is one of my all time favorites. Hotel Dusk, I remember when it came out people had hard ons for it but I never checked it out. I hear good things though.

Wow, you own that soundtrack Ghal? So good. Definitely my favorite JRPG as well. Hands down.
Yeah, I imported it after a week of Yafutoma's theme in my brain constantly. Valua is another one that sunk into my skull for good. The entire score is glorious.

Skies, as much as any game I've ever played, made exploration joyful. In a way, it's what turned me on to sandbox games; it made me realize how much fun exploration and discovery could be.

senador

Banned
Ramirez said:
Simply...masterful.

Senador got all 5 right, and supplied GAF links for proof! lol Send me your address sir, I'll get the plushy out as soon as I can.

Bravo sir, I really didn't see anyone going through the trouble of getting them all right.

The black car/raining hint was from Shenmue, was like the first thing you had to do in the game, lol.

The first time I tried I didn't get anywhere. The 2nd time I tried clever searches and started making progress. I learned a few things about HaloGAF past, fun stuff. Cool stuff like those accused of being in cliques have been playing with a variety of people for like 7 years now and seem to be good sports. The more you know...

Thanks Ram that's super generous of you!

feel

Wtf at the avatar trying to cop a feel??

ou4lkm.jpg

Is this franchise's management on autopilot or something?

edit-

Shenmue is one of my fav games ever too!

edit2-

v It's because you know about all the TU improvements so you just don't care about the bad stuff, I've been having fun on Reach lately too.

Something is wrong with me. I've been having a blast playing Team Slayer by myself these last few days. Even on many of the games where my team has lost, I've gone away without being uberly pissed off. Winning of course helps, but I just felt like i was in a groove.
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/Default.aspx?player=XxDeputyMoonman&sg=0
Then in the below game my whole team quit out on me. I died a lot, but they were horrible with the sword. I'd say at least half my kills were against people rushing me with the sword after the rest of my team had quit. In the post game lobby I told them they should stop using the sword because they suck at it. Was my small redemption, lol.
http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/gamestats.aspx?gameid=778145386&player=XxDeputyMoonman
Sean P. said:
So I just bought the DLC. Already regret it. These maps are terrible
I haven't purchased any of the DLC yet.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Good games tonight! I totally take back what I said last night about sucking at Halo, haha. Tonight was much better. I think I just need to play a little less and definitely think about it less. Halo has been taking too much of my mindspace lately, and it's kinda ruining the fun.

I'll still post here and stuff, tho. <3

If we keep posting at this rate, we'll be on OT7 by the time Anniversary comes out. :-O

GhaleonEB

PsychoRaven said:
Sounds like it's a problem on XBL's end. And you have under 200 posts to go to OT6. I fully expect the new one by the time I wake up people. If it isn't here then you're all slacking.
Recovering my gamertag fixed it, I'm back to normal now, after over an hour and a half of troubleshooting. Which was all my gaming time and then some tonight. Sigh. Still, the xbox.com support folks on Twitter were great.

Do me a favor and don't hit 20,000 posts in the next seven hours. I'll be up at 7:30 Pacific time to fire up the new one. Over 100,000 posts total, holy crap, people...:lol

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
You heard the man, don't go over 20k posts yet. To make it easy for people not to post, from here on in, you can only post about what makes bloom so great.

Muahahaa

Muahahahaha

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!

heckfu

Banned
Tashi0106 said:
You heard the man, don't go over 20k posts yet. To make it easy for people not to post, from here on in, you can only post about what makes bloom so great.

Muahahaa

Muahahahaha

the best thing about bloom is the rage it induces.
loophole acquired.

feel

Tashi0106 said:

Muahahaa

Muahahahaha

Bloom is great because it provides lulz on gaf when someone defends it. :)

GhaleonEB

senador said:
We may not hit 20k right on the head because this thread has bloom.
True story, I saw Sage at the PAX VIP party and took a few pictures. The first several were blurry. I think it was because I was hitting the button too fast, which caused me to move the camera and lose focus. When I paced my (camera) shot, the picture came out great.

senador

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
True story, I saw Sage at the PAX VIP party and took a few pictures. The first several were blurry. I think it was because I was hitting the button too fast, which caused me to move the camera and lose focus. When I paced my (camera) shot, the picture came out great.

2md1k5i.jpg

Meant as a joke, I have nothing against Sage.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
-_________-

How about explaning to me the best route to run flag on MLG Zealot for each common situation. Break down team spawns, positioning, enemy positions, enemy spawns, specific flag running check points, jumps and obligations as the runner. Only post when you have the complete answer.

Hehehehehehe

heckfu

Banned
Tashi0106 said:
-_________-

How about explaning to me the best route to run flag on MLG Zealot for each common situation. Break down team spawns, positioning, enemy positions, enemy spawns, specific flag running check points, jumps and obligations as the runner. Only post when you have the complete answer.

Hehehehehehe

a-bomb-o.gif

GhaleonEB said:
Recovering my gamertag fixed it, I'm back to normal now, after over an hour and a half of troubleshooting. Which was all my gaming time and then some tonight. Sigh. Still, the xbox.com support folks on Twitter were great.

Do me a favor and don't hit 20,000 posts in the next seven hours. I'll be up at 7:30 Pacific time to fire up the new one. Over 100,000 posts total, holy crap, people...:lol
It's very unlikely to happen. During the overnight hours, at least on the US side of the globe, Gaf rarely does more than one or two pages at best.

Tashi is a noob looming in an alternate reality of perfect contentment.
and i'm trying to figure out how to reach the same level of contentment.

Devolution said:
Now that you mention it, yeah.
Trick question. She doesn't have any legs!! Ahahahah
just kidding ;)

EDIT: Sorry. I really do think she has long legs. After I asked, I realized I could make a silly joke in the process.

Tashi0106 said:
-_________-

Hehehehehehe

Hold on, let me text my boy Ogre 2 real fast.

GhaleonEB said:
Yeah, I imported it after a week of Yafutoma's theme in my brain constantly. Valua is another one that sunk into my skull for good. The entire score is glorious.

Skies, as much as any game I've ever played, made exploration joyful. In a way, it's what turned me on to sandbox games; it made me realize how much fun exploration and discovery could be.
Base building, team recruitment, ship battles - Skies was one of my favorite games ever too. Wish I could go back and play it again but I no longer own a Dreamcast, believe it or not.

Edit re: Tashi's essay portion -
So this is what pros are thinking about while I'm absent-mindedly picking the flowers
blooming
at the intersection of BK Ave and Get Dongblained Dr.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Tashi0106 said:
-_________-

Hehehehehehe
Pro tip: Grab the flag to win Flag.

Syracuse022 said:
Base building, team recruitment, ship battles - Skies was one of my favorite games ever too. Wish I could go back and play it again but I no longer own a Dreamcast, believe it or not.

Edit re: Tashi's essay portion -
So this is what pros are thinking about while I'm absent-mindedly picking the flowers
blooming
at the intersection of BK Ave and Get Dongblained Dr.
I played the Gamecube port, Skies of Arcadia Legends, and it was just so-so. Was it a straight port or a revision of the game entirely?

vhfive

Tashi0106 said:
-_________-

Hehehehehehe
As long as you are wearing your gunnars it doesn't matter what route you take.

Willeth

Did anyone pick up a spare HaloFest hat? I foolishly didn't grab one first day and by Saturday they were all sold.

Also it looks like I missed a ton of stuff because of not having Internet access reliably. What's this weird spreadsheet thing? I hardly saw any of you guys around, either.

I also wish I'd checked here before redeeming my sword and Cortana, but oh well!

Tashi0106 said:
-_________-

Hehehehehehe
According to Ghandi and Pucket? Go gold all day.

Did anyone ask at the Anniversary MP panel if they're tweaking the ranking system? Waypoint kids are begging for the 1-50 to return.
The introduction of ranked playlist would greatly benefit the current population and reduce the number of playlists (most of them are copies of eachothers), 343 also has to finish with all the "objective hating" and slayer only playlists. I mostly play BTB and most of my games are CTF/ Assault variants.

Gabotron ES said:
Did anyone ask at the Anniversary MP panel if they're tweaking the ranking system? Waypoint kids are begging for the 1-50 to return.

1-50 return would be NICE, doubt its gunna happen. Based Franklez make it happen

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Cortana's pretty cool, but for some reason, I don't think I'll ever drop my promo Final Fantasy flying chick thing that hangs out in the black dude's hair.

Ken

Lyphen said:
Cortana's pretty cool, but for some reason, I don't think I'll ever drop my promo Final Fantasy flying chick thing that hangs out in the black dude's hair.
I wouldn't either if I had Sazh's chocobo chick as an avatar prop.

30 assists?! Time to break out the Plasma Pistol for a few several games...

...slightly off topic, the wife and I just finished disc 1 of The Wire last night (it's mainly why I had to stop searching the H3 thread for Ram's contest). Soooo hooked.

and I'm gonna ask this question again, even though it's been ignored twice by two guys who should know the answer:

squidhands said:
Since we can only have three Marketplace Content items active at one time, will the TU address this or will we have to ditch our Reach pre-order/retailer exclusive crap so we can have all three map packs active? I had a bitch of a time figuring out why, all of the sudden, my Defiant maps wouldn't load until I remembered that I had to delete my Bungie Pro Confirmation from a couple of weeks ago. :-\

TheOddOne said:
Hypertrooper is so gonna buy this.
Why should I buy it if I have extra code?

Btw. If you ever sit in the same flight like me, pls cancel the flight and book a later flight. I have annoying passenger everytime. :[

Hypertrooper said:

Btw. If you ever sit in the same flight like me, pls cancel the flight and book a later flight. I have annoying passenger everytime. :[

extra code? how would one secure something like this from yourself.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
GhaleonEB said:
Yeah, I've been rummaging there as well. All told, I've spent around 12 hours trying to shed the Moderate NAT, using every guide on xbox.com and anything I can google. I'm trying to wade through port forwarding (here and here) and it's driving me insane. I've managed to drive xbox.com support on Twitter - which has been fast and responsive - into a brick wall. I am no good with computer router.

Buy a new router. That's what I had to do to get away from NAT issues.

I haz this one:

http://www.netgear.com/home/products/wirelessrouters/high-performance/WNDR3700.aspx
wndr3700_productimage_large18-5831.png

TheOddOne

Hypertrooper said:

:p

Reference to our holographic hooker debate on twitter with Zayne

Still catching up on the thread, but isn't playing with reduced bloom going to make it so random headshots at full bloom are more frequent? Is this what you guys wanted?

FyreWulff

Here's something I just wondered, and now wish I had asked at Halofest:

I wonder if the bloom constraint is something Megalo can change mid-game or if there's something that it has to do before the actual map is played.

Say a gametype where the points leader has normal bloom but all the other players get set to no bloom.

Or a gametype in which the custom powerup grants no bloom.

Or say, a race gametype, where your amount of bloom is determined by the speed of the mongoose you are riding.

If bloom is something that can be changed midgame, perhaps they could come up with a workaround way for making the bloom user-adjustable. Grant the new gametypes a label called BLOOM_PERCENT. You assign BLOOM_PERCENT to some sort of invisible object (ie a Hill object). Spawn sequence 0-100 determines the amount of bloom for everyone in the game and overrides whatever the gametype already had. You'd have to do this for each map, though.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
HiredN00bs said:
Still catching up on the thread, but isn't playing with reduced bloom going to make it so random headshots at full bloom are more frequent? Is this what you guys wanted?
How would decreasing reticule growth and spread increase the randomness in its trajectory? I don't follow.

Top Bottom