• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

Ooh, I got a question, will we get separate achievements for reach MP or is (assuming the anniversary map pack is the last one) 1400 it?

Gui_PT said:
Guise, does anyone have a job they can spare? I'm all out =\

You can work as my personal jester, you will be paid fortnightly and in ponies, job starts now.

Tawpgun

I'd just like to thank HaloGAF for keeping me entertained after Irene BXR'd my power. I eat up my data everytime I check in but the overage charge will be worth it.

All my friends have left for school, I have no car, and no power, so its basically the worst week ever. But you guys have made it bearable. <3 You HaloGAF.

Hopefully I get my power back before Saturday. Because then I leave for school and it would be a while before I get an Xbox setup up and running.

HiredN00bs said:
Still catching up on the thread, but isn't playing with reduced bloom going to make it so random headshots at full bloom are more frequent? Is this what you guys wanted?
If there is no bloom there is nothing random about where the shots go.

kylej

Banned
A27 Tawpgun said:
Hopefully I get my power back before Saturday. Because then I leave for school and it would be a while before I get an Xbox setup up and running.

Wat. Plug in Xbox when you get to your room.

HiredN00bs said:
Still catching up on the thread, but isn't playing with reduced bloom going to make it so random headshots at full bloom are more frequent? Is this what you guys wanted?
Lyphen said:
How would decreasing reticule growth and spread increase the randomness in its trajectory? I don't follow.
HiredN00bs said:
It wouldn't. I don't follow.
funny-gifs-forcefield-trap.gif

kylej

Banned
A27 Tawpgun said:
Not sure if I'll be getting the Xbox initially, but besides that we don't have a TV yet. Not sure about router either.

You're going to be in a dorm, right? It'll probably just have cat-5 jacks in the wall for you to plug shit into. Here they disable all types of routing because of signal interference.

Pick up a small ~20" TV for a couple hundred and get your dong on son.

Tawpgun

kylej said:
You're going to be in a dorm, right? It'll probably just have cat-5 jacks in the wall for you to plug shit into. Here they disable all types of routing because of signal interference.

Pick up a small ~20" TV for a couple hundred and get your dong on son.
I hope it will be that easy.

Ramirez

That was fun, I had enough money to pick up a few more Grunts, wish I had. :(

Hyper, I saw a tweet pic you had up of like 7 Grunts. Were they all for friends? That's like $130 worth of Grunts, haha.

feel

Devolution said:
You leave her alone ;_; creep.
I KNOW! I wanna punch my avatar, why doesn't he just stare and dream like the Chief does? :(

Gui_PT said:
Guise, does anyone have a job they can spare? I'm all out =\
Sorry to hear that dude

HiredN00bs said:
True for low bloom, but we want zero bloom so no headshot is random. (before fyrewulff goes nuts, we also want capped ROF and zoom nerf on the dmr to go along)

Blinding

Tashi0106 said:
-_________-

How about explaning to me the best route to run flag on MLG Zealot for each common situation. Break down team spawns, positioning, enemy positions, enemy spawns, specific flag running check points, jumps and obligations as the runner. Only post when you have the complete answer.

Hehehehehehe

You always run it either bottom mid or top gold. You run it top gold when you have landing control because that either means they're going to spawn basement, ring 2, spiral, or (if they're really fucking lucky) flag. You run it bottom mid when your team doesn't have landing control but is in the process of doing so, because they more then likely spawned on their landing. You never run it holos or bridge (unless the other team is horrible) because if you die it puts the flag in a bad position and allows the other team to counter cap easily.

FyreWulff

Letters said:
I KNOW! I wanna punch my avatar, why doesn't he just stare and dream like the Chief does? :(

Sorry to hear that dude

True for low bloom, but we want zero bloom so no headshot is random. (before fyrewulff goes nuts, we also want capped ROF and zoom nerf on the dmr to go along)

We're on the same page there. It's all good.

Also fix the bullet magnetism with the zero bloom Nerfle.

GECK

Remake Halo 2?

Translation: 30 dollar map pack featuring lockout, Midship, Warlock, Terminal

Or they could just re-enable Halo 2's matchmaking. I'd imagine the Team Slayer population would put Reach's Arena to shame.

Ramirez

Just wanted to say that I thought the no bloom DMR was fine with the same scope and no ROF cap, really didn't feel broken at all, even on Timberland. I could see some concern for some of the existing BTB maps though, but for small maps, it just felt like glorious Halo gameplay that has been completely lost in Reach...

Roche

GECK said:
Remake Halo 2?

Based on what 343 have done so far I don't see any reason to expect this kind of thing.

wwm0nkey

GECK said:
Remake Halo 2?

Or they could just re-enable Halo 2's matchmaking. I'd imagine the Team Slayer population would put Reach's Arena to shame.
See now if it was Halo 2 XBLA like how CounterStrike: GO is, it will NOT cut into any main line Halo games and probably end up being an e-sport title like CS:GO, so that way Halo 4 (or Halo 5 at the time) will still get all its sales and no split community.

FyreWulff

Roche178 said:
I'd hope really so, playing during the last few days of Halo 2 before it went down forever were glorious. I'd love a remake with the original mulitplayer intact.

The only way I'd play a remake of Halo 2 with the original multiplayer is if the exploits were gone.

Superbouncing is already gone from Halo 2 Vista, because that was a Havok bug. BXR wasn't fixed because it was deeply entrenched in the animation system.

Add proper ceilings and killzones to the disc maps so people actually stay on the map and play the game. Have a Forge mode so people can delete them and go on the top of Headlong if they really want to.

Playing Halo 2 post-shutdown was awesome because people stayed on the maps and didn't do exploits. It was like the game we were supposed to get.

If all the exploits were there, it'd just end up like PDXBLA's online. Dead from people not wanting to play the Halo 2 exploit arms race metagame.

Woorloog

Banned
I'd love Halo 2 campaign remake... that campaign had so many glitches, it was fun to explore the world outside the proper map. Even if it was a bit empty... maybe a campaign remake could address this?
As for Halo 2 multiplayer.. meh. Maybe with all the MP glitches fixed, better netcode, vehicles not having so much traction (If Halo 2 has one major drawback outside glitches, it's it's shitty vehicle physics) and the rocket launcher making them very weak anyway.
But then Halo 2 MP remake won't happen. As CE MP isn't happening, why would Halo 2 MP happen? And Halo 4's coming soon anyway.

wwm0nkey

Woorloog said:
I'd love Halo 2 campaign remake... that campaign had so many glitches, it was fun to explore the world outside the proper map. Even if it was a bit empty... maybe a campaign remake could address this?
As for Halo 2 multiplayer.. meh. Maybe with all the MP glitches fixed, better netcode, vehicles not having so much traction (If Halo 2 has one major drawback outside glitches, it's it's shitty vehicle physics) and the rocket launcher making them very weak anyway.
But then Halo 2 MP remake won't happen. As CE MP isn't happening, why would Halo 2 MP happen? And Halo 4's coming soon anyway.
Again if it would be a XBLA title it would not run the risk of cutting into the main line Halo games.

feel

^ we're proud son

Ramirez said:
Just wanted to say that I thought the no bloom DMR was fine with the same scope and no ROF cap, really didn't feel broken at all, even on Timberland. I could see some concern for some of the existing BTB maps though, but for small maps, it just felt like glorious Halo gameplay that has been completely lost in Reach...
Awesome!

Chances are BTB will still kinda suck if vehicles didn't get touched, so they might as well focus on making 4v4 gameplay REALLY GOOD

Bulletin should be dropping today right? Should be a fun one, with lots of PAX pictures/stories and hopefully the slight MP clarification Frank promised we would get soon after pax.

Ramirez said:
Agreed.
I suppose we could do some kind of comparison but it seemed to me that the 5 shot DMR seemed very close to the kill time of the 4 shot BR.

Roche178 said:
I'd hope really so, playing during the last few days of Halo 2 before it went down forever were glorious. I'd love a remake with the original mulitplayer intact.
It was awesome because people were on their best behavior towards the end. I agree with Fyrewulff, as long as the shitty (yes, they were shitty) exploits were fixed I would love to play some H2 multi again.

GhaleonEB

Ramirez said:
I didn't get a chance to play it on Timberlands to see how it affected long range, but I did play it on some small maps as well, and I agree. And not only did it play better from my end, but I didn't feel like it was overpowered on the other end. I got shot when I should have been shot, and I could land shots when I felt like I should land them. It was great.

I am worried about BTB and I there something like the 85% bloom (which I really want to try) would work. But for small maps, zero was fantastic, and much better than I was expecting.

senador

Banned
wwm0nkey said:
Again if it would be a XBLA title it would not run the risk of cutting into the main line Halo games.
Dude, you don't know this. Who knows how they would handle it but surely any Xbox Halo with multi would cut into the mainline multi in some way.

The anniversary for Halo 2 is in 3 years. That's a while. Get hype levels in check. :p

wwm0nkey

senador said:
Dude, you don't know this. Who knows how they would handle it but surely any Xbox Halo with multi would cut into the mainline multi in some way.

The anniversary for Halo 2 is in 3 years. That's a while. Get hype levels in check. :p
I honestly doubt ANY XBLA title could cut into a main release, not that XBLA is bad or anything though lol.

senador

Banned
wwm0nkey said:
I honestly doubt ANY XBLA title could cut into a main release, not that XBLA is bad or anything though lol.
Ha. If that is the case there most likely wouldn't be enough people playing it so it wouldn't be worth it for you or 343. ;)

GhaleonEB said:
Yeah, I imported it after a week of Yafutoma's theme in my brain constantly. Valua is another one that sunk into my skull for good. The entire score is glorious.

Skies, as much as any game I've ever played, made exploration joyful. In a way, it's what turned me on to sandbox games; it made me realize how much fun exploration and discovery could be.
That was Super Mario 64 for me. And part of the reason why I didn't really care for either Galaxy game.

Also zero bloom yes please

Gui_PT

Please 343, show us you know what you're doing with idlers in Reach!

So i hop on to play soome FF and get paired up with a Forerunner. As soon as I see his rank, I magically guess he's an idler.

Match starts and what does he do?
He goes here. He then proceeds to rubber band his left analog so he won't be actually idle without "moving"

He doesn't do it every match but he does it pretty regularly. He waits til he gets a couple of kills and then does this.

It's crap like this that ruins FF. Please 343, make this right.

FyreWulff

Woorloog said:

Halo 2 is more plausible to bring back the multiplayer as it was made with the internet in mind, where Halo 1's multiplayer was not.

However, I'd be fine with just a campaign port + Halo 2 Live Co-op coming back from the dead.

Gui_PT said:

So i hop on to play soome FF and get paired up with a Forerunner. As soon as I see his rank, I magically guess he's an idler.

He goes here. He then proceeds to rubber band his left analog so he won't be actually idle without "moving"

He doesn't do it every match but he does it pretty regularly. He waits til he gets a couple of kills and then does this.

You still get banned if you do this. It won't happen instantly though, the bans come in waves. The last banhammer update was actually to specifically nail the "get a couple of kills then rubberband" idlers.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
wwm0nkey said:
Keep telling yourself that. Users don't magically spawn out of nowhere. CS GO will split up Counter Strike's community yet again on PC. People who aren't purists of their fav iteration will flock to it for new mechanics and game play.

PsychoRaven said:
Halogaf I am disappointed in you. Only 88 posts in 8 hours. Tsk Tsk Tsk
Wanted to let Ghaleon sleep in.

Gui_PT said:

The only playlist that it really 'ruins' is Limited. I really couldn't care less if some asshat is watching himself stand still while stuffing his mouth with food or whatever in any of the other unlimited life/ammo playlists. The fewer people stealing my kills, the better IMO.

Good Morning GAF!

Anyone up for some early morning gammmmmes?

Sean P. said:
Why? I just watched limitless, my head is about to explode with how awesome I wish I was
You watched that movie because Baily and I recommended it, didn't you? 'tis a great movie

Louis Wu

FyreWulff said:
Am I the only one that saved their Halofest shopping bag?

It's a pretty sweet bag. Embossed and everything.

Nah, I kept mine, too.

:lol

(That's a sketch by Robogabo, a concept artist on the Halo 4 team, done in under 5 minutes. The man's scary-fast.)

I am FINALLY caught up on GAF Halo threads - you guys write WAAAAY too much. Now to get some of this crap posted. :)

Top Bottom