• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach Reveal Thread - Matchmaking/Multiplayer Details Revealed

Well... My TV broke yesterday afternoon :( I had just had it repaired last month and it is broken again...

Anyways, xbox is set up in the living room now, anyone want to play some Halo?

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
urk said:
Settlement = Powerhouse. :)

So, what, wait... :lol

*Goes off to work on another revision*

Thanks for the shout out, Urk. Although you've forced me to do some 'splaining to the other half. :lol

Dang, I'm away from Home at the moment. I already have in mind as to how best amend the article and it will be done when I return shortly.

LukeSmith

Stormtrooper30 said:
A 343/HaloGAF humpday would be easy to put together. Voc, Cocop, and Frankie are already here. They could just pull a hobo off the street and call it a team.

By rights, shouldn't a 343/HaloGAF humpday be 8 people in a party watching Legends together?

Shishka

Works for Bungie
LukeSmith said:
By rights, shouldn't a 343/HaloGAF humpday be 8 people in a party watching Legends together?

legends_party.jpg

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
LukeSmith said:

When I invented the Humpday, you were typing Pokemon jokes for Kotaku* and covering Sonic cosplay weekends.

* And providing my repsonses.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
ManCannon said:
Uh oh thread is taking a turn... we need a feature reveal to get this train back on the tracks! :lol

Just type something very very vague that could be taken as the BR coming back...wait that's if you want to derail this any further.

Scratch that....go with what Trasher said. :D

OuterWorldVoice said:
When I invented the Humpday, you were typing Pokemon jokes for Kotaku* and covering Sonic cosplay weekends.

* And providing my repsonses.
:lol :lol :lol I almost died of trying not to laugh in my cubicle.

Louis Wu said:
Dani - did you turn off access to the Reach article?

It's giving a 403 (Forbidden) response now. :(
Yeah, I was looking forward to reading it during my lunch break. :-(

On a unrelated topic, I had a blast in Maption Sack this weekend. Please bring it back soon, Shishka.

Pennybags

Merguson said:
Derailing the thread..

Pizza Hut sucks, lets face it. It's a greasy slop of goop that pretends to be pizza.

A tasty and cheesy slop of goop. Hard to get the grease off hands even after washing, though.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Merguson said:
Derailing the thread..

Pizza Hut sucks, lets face it. It's a greasy slop of goop that pretends to be pizza.

To make up for the taste, don't tip the delivery guy. Or tip him too much. And drink burnt-tasting Starbucks.

NOKYARD

Major Williams said:
Hey isn't today your big day on Waypoint? Congrats!
Yes it is. Thanks. :D

I wasn't sure how they would edit over an hours worth of Q&A down to one vid but it turned out great. I remember them saying, "We came for an interview, and left with a PodCast" (or something like that).

Hey Dani, when I click your link, I get a:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/1.3.41 Server at forwarduntodawn.com Port 80

As far as Settlement = Powerhouse goes, maybe it's like GoldenEye where more than one stage encompasses the same terrain? ie Archives, Stack, etc.

Pennybags

I was watching the multiplayer trailer again and something caught my eye.

In the first "Spartans vs. Elites" shot (1:07), it appears that the Elite players are holding Plasma Rifles. If those are indeed Plasma Rifles, then the projectile effect seems less of a bolt and more of a beam or bullet trail. I haven't seen anyone mention this.

Edit: Just watched your video on Waypoint, Nokyard. Congratulations, and great job!

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Forward is back up, apologies for the down time, I still have not found out why.

Nokyard is on Waypoint? Awesome! Your work is amazing dude! It doesn't matter how carefully you've explained it to me before, it's still head frying! :lol

NG28 said:
Since Reach is going back to hitscan, does that mean no more ricochet? I can't remember if ricochet was in H2.

Nah, when bungie talks about Hitscan they mean it as the bullet just has an infinite travel time. Somewhere they said they were still modeling the path of the projectile.

feel

Brian after that tease, if you guys don't post about something new this week on Bnet at least release the recorded podcast early!! And how about a halogaf shoutout in one of these future recordings. :)

Dani said:
:lol

I was on my here to do just that! An extra thanks to my fellow HaloGAFer for assisting me with some proofreading and fact checking.

Bring it back!! :( I was reading it at work this morning but got tied up with something and didn't have time to finish reading.

vhfive said:
Good times. Our team stayed undefeated for the whole time I played that night. Once Tashi came in for the other team I bailed the fuck out, before he ruined it. :lol

InvincibleAgent said:
Bleahy likes Ben Folds!
# Ben Folds does a Chatroulette piano improv tribute on stage, during a concert: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfamTmY5REw
8:46 AM Mar 21st via Echofon
Not sure what this has to do with Halo, but I loved it. Chatroulette can be so great when used in ways like this. :)

Flipyap

NOKYARD said:
Yes it is. Thanks. :D

I wasn't sure how they would edit over an hours worth of Q&A down to one vid but it turned out great. I remember them saying, "We came for an interview, and left with a PodCast" (or something like that).
Just watched the video, congrats. I'd like to see a longer version, it was quite fascinating.

Top Bottom