• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Spartan Assault |OT| Feels Like Halo

It runs great on my laptop, not a hitch whatsoever.
It's pleasantly fun to play as well.
I like the classic sounding weapons. No more dubstep sounds yay!

Can't wait for controller support, although KB/M is doing just fine.

GhaleonEB

Holy crap, someone at 343 remembered what a Halo game is supposed to look and sound like. Normal sounding Halo weapons and Covies (along with looking the way they're supposed to) is so much better than what they threw together for Halo 4.

Yeah, my first thought was, that sounds like a Halo game. Refreshing after Halo 4.

Okay Windows 8.1 is pretty damn cool. Bought the game on a Surface RT, signed in to my Xbox account and played through the first section of the game. Later on I went over to my Windows 8.1 PC and the game was automatically downloaded, when I launched the game I didn't have to sign in or setup anything and my progress in the game was synced up to where I left off. Amazeballs.

I downloaded this on my PC...win 8. I have a multi-monitor setup, no touch screen and I can't get this game to run :/ It loads up, but then goes back to start menu.

Okay Windows 8.1 is pretty damn cool. Bought the game on a Surface RT, signed in to my Xbox account and played through the first section of the game. Later on I went over to my Windows 8.1 PC and the game was automatically downloaded, when I launched the game I didn't have to sign in or setup anything and my progress in the game was synced up to where I left off. Amazeballs.

Welcome to next gen :)

Omni

I downloaded this on my PC...win 8. I have a multi-monitor setup, no touch screen and I can't get this game to run :/ It loads up, but then goes back to start menu.

As soon as it starts, click the left mouse button a few times. (that was happening to me earlier. By clicking the LMB you skip the opening videos and it should go straight to the menu)

Bought it on W8, downloading now. When you go to the Trinidad Tobago link posted previously you can click view in windows store and the app will open up to Spartan Assault in your own store. If it just shows garbled stuff or something, try again later. Cost 55 SEK in Sweden.
EDIT:
spartanassaultndklu.png

Time to play.

As soon as it starts, click the left mouse button a few times. (that was happening to me earlier. By clicking the LMB you skip the opening videos and it should go straight to the menu)

I tried this and no go....it seems a few people are having crash problems - wish I could figure out what it is.

I still have some left over credit from what I got my 928 from Verizon, so I've got it downloading now. Hopefully it's as cool as early impressions are making out.

Been playing this on my surface over lunch, enjoying it so far. The Wraith controls took a bit of getting used to, but I gold starred the mission so it can't of been that bad.

Alright I just finished the tutorial and first mission (A1) on my tablet. It would appear that all of your progress is synced automatically because when I opened up Halo SA on my PC it was all there; mission progress, challenges, XP etc. The in-game achievement tracker didn't seem to have synced but the achievements themselves are stored in your Live profile anyway so it probably won't be a problem. EDIT: No idea if it syncs to phones. No way for me to check either.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
i've always been a fan of halo but i wouldn't recommend this serie to be played anymore!!!!!

This input it very much appreciated.

Gonna be on a nice long train ride today, looking forward to keeping busy with the game. I just hope it won't completely kill battery

zorbsie

So is there really no way to earn credits in game? You can only buy them with real money? That's pretty shitty. Played through the first 2 campaigns and still haven't earned a single credit. Talk about nickel and dime tactics.

Top Bottom