• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo TMCC |OT2| 3V4 Industries

The same reason a major, game-breaking glitch never got fixed in Halo 4 in the "Reclaimer" section AND the same reason they didn't fix it in MCC: 343i suck at what they do.

Fuchsdh

TBH the moment I saw something in the story about trying to digitize people as a defense against the Flood I figured if they ever get it to work they'll also learn how to do it in reverse and they're eventually gonna do some Pinocchio shit with Cortana.

The only thing I really don't get about Halo is they have all this fancy technology and Cortana is still a USB stick. Why the fuck can't she access stuff wrielessly? I'm like girl you have like 32 bluetooths, what's wrong with you? At least they got USB to be actually universal because she plugs right into all kinds of alien shit. Galactic standard ports are the great triumph of the future.

Yeah that was a weird choice for me with both Halo 3 and 4—Halo 2 came up with the "just tap me onto stuff" move, and then both Halo 3 and 4 went back to the chip being the interface for everything, when it'd be far more gainly and less weird for Cortana to be wirelessly interfacing herself with alien tech.

Fuchsdh

ugh, and I was going to play Halo 4 soon so that I could finally finish TMCC.

So all i have to concern myself with is a QTE that shows the wrong prompt near the end?

Pretty much. If you try and blow through "Reclaimer" you can run into an issue where the rest of the level doesn't load and you have to restart, but it's generally rare and you can look into some of the speed running techniques if you want to bypass the potential issue entirely as well.

ugh, and I was going to play Halo 4 soon so that I could finally finish TMCC.

So all i have to concern myself with is a QTE that shows the wrong prompt near the end?
I mean, it's not that much of a concern. Just remember to hit the grenade button. Your hand will be holding a grenade anyway, so it's not like it will be super hard to remember. :p

Fuchsdh

Grinding through Swat to get those elusive KOTH medals. Came across someone playing with their mic, and so popped in mine. Ended up partnering up with them and had a fun time in Swat (which usually I hate), including dunking on a jackass who insulted us in the lobby and proudly displayed his "Git gud" tag.

Was a magical hour of Halo. People in the MCC also really love Halo 4 Swat.

Mix

In full seriousness, are the servers still full in MCC? How often do people play here, and what are population numbers like? Obviously there is no counter, but I felt the urge to play some HCE and H2 today.

In full seriousness, are the servers still full in MCC? How often do people play here, and what are population numbers like? Obviously there is no counter, but I felt the urge to play some HCE and H2 today.

it's fine. the slayer playlist is likely the busiest one and that includes CE, 2/Ani, and 3 maps. I've also never had much of an issue finding matches for each individual game.

It seems enough people are still playing that you'll be good, though the matchmaking can take a bit of time

Montresor

The Master Chief Saga achievement is still glitched, which I find remarkable for a developer as talented as 343 industries (I felt Halo 5 was legitimately a top game of 2015 - loved its art style, gunplay, level design, story, characters, etc...). But MCC still has some unfixed issues which is disappointing.

I've been playing on Xbox since June 2007 - back when I played Guitar Hero 2 on Xbox 360. In the past 9 years I have never encountered a persistently/permanently glitched achievement. There are tons and tons and tons of achievement in my profile that I have not earned - but every single one of those achievements that I didn't earn were because a) the achievement or game was boring, or b) the achievement or game was too difficult. I've never actively pursued an achievement and then been denied due to a glitch.

Unless 343 releases a new patch the Master Chief Saga achievement may end up being the first achievement that I can't get due to glitches/bugs. Which bothers me a little bit. By the way, as an aside: I do get that I've been incredibly lucky because I'm sure there are hundreds of glitched achievements out there - but Master Chief Saga is the only one I've encountered so far. For example, there are some multiplayer medal achievements in MCC that are glitched - but I don't care about those because I was never going to get them in the first place - that's where my "luck" comes into play. A lot of glitched achievements are in things I have almost zero interest in (like Halo multiplayer). But I am interested in a playlist of Halo 1 through 4 - and that's glitched.

Currently I have 429/600 achievements in MCC. The only things I have left to do are:

1) Beat Halo 2 on legendary
2) Collect all Halo 2 skulls
3) Beat Halo 3 on legendary
4) Beat Halo ODST on legendary
5) Handful of miscellaneous Halo 2, 3, 4, ODST heroic-only or legendary-only tasks
6) Complete various short Halo 1, 2, 3, 4, ODST cross-game playlists
7) Complete only the remaining easy par score/time achievements (by my count, I only have 7 remaining easy ones).
8) Kill 250 Hunters, 1000 Brutes, 1000 Knights

I've laid it all out in a spreadsheet and that should bump me up to 489/600 achievements which I'm really happy with. I loooooooved this package, as much the game's bugs/glitches have given me grief over the past year. However, if 343 would fix the Master Chief Saga playlist achievement I'd be able to hit an even 490/600 (along with exactly 4550/6000gs). *shrug*

Just wanted to vent about the Master Chief Saga playlist achievement - that's all.

Montresor

What kind of horse shit comment is this? I've been playing since the advent of achievements and this rarely happened ever on the 360. Don't excuse 343.

He may be right but I addressed this with a couple of edits to my post. There are many glitched achievements out there but this is the first one I've ever pursued which seems hopelessly glitched.

An example is MCC which has some multiplayer medal achievements which are glitched. And those don't count for me personally because I was never going to play multiplayer matchmaking seriously anyway.

But I do want to go for the Master Chief Saga playlist achievement, which I can't do since that achievement is glitched.

Montresor

Oh and I counted my games through TA.com.

I've played 205 Xbox games across 360, XB1, Windows Phone, iOS and web since June 2007 - this is the first time I've encountered a glitched nearly unobtainable achievement.

205 should be considered a lot, no? :p

I have never heard of the actual achievement for that playlist being glitched. Mission progress, sure. Had it happen to me (midway through Halo 2, saved and quit, came back and was knocked back to mission 2 of Halo 1). But not the achievement.

Look at the playlist. Does it say 45/45 completed on it or whatever number it has?

Also double check your achievements (from the main Xbox achievements menu, not in-game). Does this particular one (Life Story) still say "Locked" or does it say "Done! Unlocking..."? If the latter, there's nothing you can do but wait. Alot of my ODST audio log achievements were like that for months before they unlocked.

Montresor

I have never heard of the actual achievement for that playlist being glitched. Mission progress, sure. Had it happen to me (midway through Halo 2, saved and quit, came back and was knocked back to mission 2 of Halo 1). But not the achievement.

Look at the playlist. Does it say 45/45 completed on it or whatever number it has?

Also double check your achievements (from the main Xbox achievements menu, not in-game). Does this particular one (Life Story) still say "Locked" or does it say "Done! Unlocking..."? If the latter, there's nothing you can do but wait. Alot of my ODST audio log achievements were like that for months before they unlocked.

My progress says 13/45 or something similar. I have only gotten as far as starting Halo 2 and saving. But the playlist glitched and sent me back to the second level of Halo 1. And looking at trueachievements.com discussions / solution guides specifically about that achievement, that behaviour is still occurring to this day (players getting knocked back to the second level of Halo).

My progress says 13/45 or something similar. I have only gotten as far as starting Halo 2 and saving. But the playlist glitched and sent me back to the second level of Halo 1. And looking at trueachievements.com discussions / solution guides specifically about that achievement, that behaviour is still occurring to this day (players getting knocked back to the second level of Halo).

Ah, I see now. I was about to get around to trying it again myself, but if it's still janked I'll wait.

Fuchsdh

It's obviously not unobtainable, as I got it way back in the wild days of launch. I don't know if there's any solution other than "play through it marathon-style and hope it doesn't reset on you", though.

Akai__

Montresor and Fuchsdh. If you still want the Saga achievement, you should check out this post and the rest of the thread. He is starting to give away the checkpoints (including Saga) very soon again. I know this, because he is actually my IRL friend.

PM me, if you are unsure and/or want to know more about it. Don't want to share all information to the public for obvious reasons.

Fuchsdh

Montresor and Fuchsdh. If you still want the Saga achievement, you should check out this post and the rest of the thread. He is starting to give away the checkpoints (including Saga) very soon again. I know this, because he is actually my IRL friend.

PM me, if you are unsure and/or want to know more about it. Don't want to share all information to the public for obvious reasons.

Oh, I've got my saga achievement, thanks. All I have left is H1 and H2 under three hours, and ODST LASO.

Akai__

Oh, I've got my saga achievement, thanks. All I have left is H1 and H2 under three hours, and ODST LASO.

ODST LASO is also being distributed sometimes, but by other people. Have to get very lucky.

My offer with the Keys Bump and AotCR still stands btw. Just message me when you see me online. :D

Toa TAK

Banned

Oh hey, this would be great. Still need ODST and Saga myself.

That is amazeballs stupid. Why would they leave the ultimate moment of the game ruined?

Because they dont give a fuck.

The Master Chief Saga achievement is still glitched, which I find remarkable for a developer as talented as 343 industries

I've never actively pursued an achievement and then been denied due to a glitch.

Unless 343 releases a new patch the Master Chief Saga achievement may end up being the first achievement that I can't get due to glitches/bugs.

A patch isn't coming but you might be able to find someone to help you unlock it again.

Montresor

Ah, thanks for the heads up Akai. I read through my previous post again and saw it might seem a little whiny.

I just really love this collection and get a _little_ annoyed at problematic achievements. :)

I will definitely check out that thread.

Montresor

I just beat Cairo Station on Legendary and got the Return To Megg achievement. That was a blast! Not just because the Scarab gun made it easy haha, but also because Halo 2 Anniversary is just plain fun, sounds great, and looks amazing. Miranda Keyes is one of my fav characters in Halo and that's precisely because of Halo 2. :)

I just beat Cairo Station on Legendary and got the Return To Megg achievement. That was a blast! Not just because the Scarab gun made it easy haha, but also because Halo 2 Anniversary is just plain fun, sounds great, and looks amazing. Miranda Keyes is one of my fav characters in Halo and that's precisely because of Halo 2. :)

image.php

willow ve

This game still gives me the error "You must be connected to Xbox Live to play Multiplayer" at least once every single session. Dedicated Servers? Nope.

Montresor

My progress in Halo 2 legendary is slow as heck because of other games. But I got the IWHBYD legendary skull on Outskirts recently. That one was pretty annoying because its drop rate is only 1/7 apparently. But thank goodness for that Scarab Gun (it made the repeated attempts to get the skull quite easy).

I still have to actually beat Outskirts on legendary, which I haven't done yet, haha. Too many games to play lately. I've been juggling Rocket League DLC, Teslagrad, Goat Simulator DLC, Rare Replay, Assassin's Creed Syndicate, and shortly I'll add Inside and Halo 5 DLC to the list.

"Halo: MCC will have a dedicated team even after Halo 5 launch." lol

Apparently 'dedicated team' after 5 launch meant a single intern who worked part time for three months before getting canned.
At least that's how much effort has gone in since 5 launched.

How about the times Frank insisted that the launch issues were completely unexpected results of the larger online environment, even though the fucking basic menus hardly worked? And the fact that Halo 4 continues to be unbeatable unless you already know the workaround?

A lot of bullshit was spread around before the eventual (and predicable) dead silence.

or this

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=138727444&postcount=278

"full breakdown after its fixed"

ridiculous that it still has issues with sorting teams to this day.

Technically since the MCC was never fully fixed, he'll never have to deliver.

Oh hey this thread was updated, what's going--

Oh. The usual. Carry on, friends.

Just Dustin Echoes. Bitching is all that's left.

Montresor

Anyone that says the main campaign is fixed is wrong. 250 hours of game play later I'm still encountering glitches messing with my game progress. Specifically, I'm encountering silly glitches preventing my Halo 2 Legendary campaign progress from saving.

When I first beat Cairo Station on Legendary (I had Scarab/Bandana, just an FYI), I waited for the next mission to load and then clicked Start > Save & Quit. After that I saw a message saying "Active profile has signed out" even though I was never signed out. I immediately went to Mission Select and saw it didn't save me beating the mission on Legendary. =/ I had to play through the mission again.

I then played Outskirts - no issues.

But I just finished Metropolis on Legendary (again, with Scarab/Bandana). I beat it, waited for the next mission to load, then clicked Start > Save & Quit. Again I saw this damn "Active profile has signed out" message. Lo and behold, Mission Select shows I didn't beat the mission on Legendary. =/ =/ =/

343 get your damn shit together. I love Halo 5, it's a polished game that's good from top to bottom in my eyes. But I'm still playing MCC these days and I'm still encountering glitches. Glitchy friggin game.

I don't think it's too much to expect that basic things like mission progress get saved. Halo 5 itself is absolutely pristine in that regard.

Montresor

I'm sure I may end up making another complaint rant some time in the coming months, but for now I feel a lot better. I played a couple of more missions on Halo 2 legendary without issue. Slowly but surely I'm chipping away at this game.

Toa TAK

Banned
Had some fun with a bro playing Infection. Tried to do some Co-Op, but things were super choppy on his end.

Really wish they would patch the campaign and playlist progress already.

Yeah, that Halo 5 has the most unique players thread over on Gaming is making me feel sad for MCC and the fact that it's been abandoned.

I am enjoying Halo 5 but I'd like MCC to be properly finished.

Part of me thinks that they are planning to release a PC version and simultaneously update the Xbox One version. It's kind of our only hope at this point. With Xbox Play Anywhere, they are going to have to live with the version of Master Chief Collection they have left here for a very long time.

"TMCC will have a dedicated sustain team after Halo 5 launches"
Hahahahaha

I mean, they did that playlist update. So.... Yay?

Part of me thinks that they are planning to release a PC version and simultaneously update the Xbox One version. It's kind of our only hope at this point. With Xbox Play Anywhere, they are going to have to live with the version of Master Chief Collection they have left here for a very long time.

I had been hoping for that scenario for ages, since an PC release would be the perfect way to budget in more time and resources for fixing the game, give it a huge popularity boost, and allow more people to enjoy it, but I mean... It's not happening.

It's a shame, because MCC should have been this incredible evergreen package, but it's been so thoroughly torpedoed.

Stoffinator

I ran into a bug with Halo 4. When you're on that big rigg driving across the desert like environment the whole ground texture disappears. So it's like you are flying in the air. I have not been able to fix it. So the game is unplayable. :-[

Fuchsdh

I ran into a bug with Halo 4. When you're on that big rigg driving across the desert like environment the whole ground texture disappears. So it's like you are flying in the air. I have not been able to fix it. So the game is unplayable. :-[

I believe this usually only happens if you skip checkpoints.

Top Bottom