• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Happy 27th Birthday Rockman!!!

Tom Nook

Happy Birthday!
megaman_birthday_cake.png

The only Megaman I ever played was on a SNES emulator last year. The one with the red guy at the beginning helping you. But I didn't play beyond level 1.

What shall I do GAF? Start from the very beginning?

The only Megman-type game I've fully played is Cave Story 3DS earlier this year.

Nanashrew

Banned
Didn't realize it came out at the end of '87! I was just born two months prior that year. Must be destiny that I love the blue bomber so much even despite some crappy games. Poor Mega Man :<

'87... time sure flies. I grew up with this guy.

The only Megaman I ever played was on a SNES emulator last year. The one with the red guy at the beginning helping you. But I didn't play beyond level 1.

What shall I do GAF? Start from the very beginning?

The only Megman-type game I've fully played is Cave Story 3DS earlier this year.

You can't go wrong by starting with Mega Man II. It embodies all that is great about classic Mega Man games (great graphics, sublime music, inventive boss, level- and enemy designs) without being too punishing.

It's all on Virtual Console, I believe.

The series that got me into gaming. The X series to be precise. Mega Man X is that game I can play for 3 hours straight, beat it 5 or so times in that span of time, and still not get tired of it. To this day it's still my favorite video game of all time.

Happy birthday, Rockman. Maybe someday you'll get another game. ;_;

The original Mega Man X is one of the most balanced 2D action games of all time, it's up there with Viewtiful Joe and Super Metroid for me.

Mega Man 2 and 3 are all that I ever really got into in the original series.

LowSignal

Maybe Capcom will let Megaman out for his birthday. I'd at the least like to see a nod to him in deep down as a skeleton with Megman armor laying in a dungeon somewhere.

Az987

all good things
I used to love the mega man games but for some reason as I got older I don't have the patience for them.

He's still my favorite classic video game character though.

I love this franchise. I'm just glad we got MegaMan 9&10 before Capcom pulled the plug again, this was childhood rebooted. And having him in Smash is really neat. Wouldn't count on MegaMan coming back apart from rereleases, but at least his DNA will live on in Might No.9 and Azure Striker Gunvolt (though that's more like Mega Man Zero series... which was great anyway). I wished the Powered Up game would have become a series of remakes with the same amount of polish :)

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Happy Birthday Astro B--

Happy Birthday Casshe--

Happy Birthday, Mega Man.

You've been quiet for a while now, I think it's about time you rise from your grave.

With that I need to get back to MMX3.

leroidys

Didn't realize it came out at the end of '87! I was just born two months prior that year. Must be destiny that I love the blue bomber so much even despite some crappy games. Poor Mega Man :<

Same here. Some people refer to us as millenials, but I prefer to think of myself as part of generation mega man.

Top Bottom