• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Happy 30th anniversary to DOOM!

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
Imma say it. Doom 2016 is good, but forgotten already. Doom Eternal is already faded. Those games will be forgotten in a few years. But Doom 1993? That's the thrilla in Manilla.

2016 and Eternal are still talked about continuously. They also don't have open modding for easy to make level packs/total conversions like OG DOOM has nor have they existed for 30 years to build a large foundation of player created content to begin with. It is hardly fair comparing the two.

MiguelItUp

Just found out about DOOM Infinite, so I'm about to hop into that. It's a demo, it's free, and has a ton of content. Basically a DOOM rogue-like apparently. https://www.moddb.com/mods/doom-infinite

2016 and Eternal are still talked about continuously. They also don't have open modding for easy to make level packs/total conversions like OG DOOM has nor have they existed for 30 years to build a large foundation of player created content to begin with. It is hardly fair comparing the two.
Couldn't agree more. I just like 2016's multiplayer a LOT more than Eternal's, lol.

Last edited:

Scotty W

Gold Member
Thanks! I took a screen shot and I'm gonna check this out this week.Never played any doom mods before so hyped to see
Ps, you will need a source port. I suggest zdoom, other people will suggest gzdoom, but I have always had troubles with it.

Install it to your Doom 2 folder, then drag and drop the wad or pk3 file onto the zdoom exe.

xrnzaaas

A big disappointment that id Software didn't really prepare big celebrations and more importantly didn't use this anniversary to announce the next Doom. Maybe that Doom game from Microsoft's leak is still in very early development and they don't want to announce it years before release, dunno.

Top Bottom