• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Happy New Year 2010!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Happy New Year! Another decade has come and gone

ChrisRT

Happy New Years 2010 and heres hoping that everyone has a prosperous and aggressive new year.

I know I'm going to assault this year with legendary fury in hopes for my piloting career will rip through the skies.
Keep on track and engage your goals.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
pfft, it's been new years for fifteen hours over here. I've already been drunk, slept-in to absurd hours, and started posting on GAF again.

drink driving, amirox? class act.

whitehawk

Banned
It's 3:44 am where I am :) (canada, toronto)./ Overall a good new years except I slipped on some ice on the way out of a house party and hurt my thumb. :(:(

thefit

Feliz anal nuevo gafs I'm drunks and with friends thewifes they are a whinning and wes are a drinkings and remonising of our kickass young lives let's here it for 2010 cuz the last ten years sucked major cock!!!

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II
whitehawk said:
It's 3:44 am where I am :) (canada, toronto)./ Overall a good new years except I slipped on some ice on the way out of a house party and hurt my thumb. :(:(
no more MW2 for you. :$

well at least for now.

MaximumX2

The Fool Who Follows Her
It feels kind of weird that its a new decade, but I'm optimistic. 2009 sucked, so here's hoping 2010 will be better!

Amir0x

Banned
lsslave said:
This is something I'd like to touch upon, Amir0x is anti drinking and driving (like all mods here, and any sane poster but most of the pro drinking and driving ones have been LONG since removed and its usually quite quickly.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is why NO MATTER WHAT you should find a way to not drive home. If you know its a risk lock your keys in the vehicle (if you have a spare at home) or something.

Ami, I understand the situation, all I am trying to say is that when you include alcohol into the mix it starts to seem more and more likely that someone will drive. And designated drivers ALWAYS get drunk like the bastards they are (and wonder why I tell them until they take their turn I am not being the sober fucking pilot again) but this is what happens with the majority of drivers, the situation changes and they drive.

I am glad you were safe, and I am not going to rip on you or anything, but sadly this just shows how quickly the rules change. On that note I want another drink :lol

It was just a shitty situation with no alternative. We were an hour from his house for the party, and someone else was the designated driver. That person gave about two hours into the party and was far more shitfaced than I was by the end.

The person had to get to his job by 2am, or else risk being fired (since he is already on thin ice), and so I did what I had to do since he doesn't have his license.

Like I said, I am strongly against drinking and driving. Strongly against. I think it gives responsible drinkers a bad name. So I did my best to sober up before the drive - I stopped drinking altogether an hour before midnight, and I drank some coffee, and I planned a route that was pretty much completely no-travel. And we were right, there were barely any cars on the road. Back mountain roads and whatnot.

I'm not advocating what I did at all, but there was literally no other way out. An hour cab ride in the Poconos can be obscenely expensive, and none of us had the money. Plus the cab would have taken FOREVER to get to us, probably making the dude too late to his job.

It's not even something I want to bother defending since I'm so against drinking and driving, but rest assured I did not go out on the road barely able to walk or something. I did everything I could to get as sober as I could before handling this responsibility.

The snow was the hazard far more than the level of my sobriety.

thefit

Kids don't drink and drives I have the old lady doing all that shit for me todays I got half a 24 of coronas in the back and I'm hell bent of fucking thenm up. If you have to crash somewhere for the night it aint worth it.

whitehawk said:
Toronto is completely covered in a thin layer of ice. The cab I was in almost crashed into a pole.

Amir0x said:
It was just a shitty situation with no alternative. We were an hour from his house for the party, and someone else was the designated driver. That person gave about two hours into the party and was far more shitfaced than I was by the end.

The person had to get to his job by 2am, or else risk being fired (since he is already on thin ice), and so I did what I had to do since he doesn't have his license.

Like I said, I am strongly against drinking and driving. Strongly against. I think it gives responsible drinkers a bad name. So I did my best to sober up before the drive - I stopped drinking altogether an hour before midnight, and I drank some coffee, and I planned a route that was pretty much completely no-travel. And we were right, there were barely any cars on the road. Back mountain roads and whatnot.

I'm not advocating what I did at all, but there was literally no other way out. An hour cab ride in the Poconos can be obscenely expensive, and none of us had the money. Plus the cab would have taken FOREVER to get to us, probably making the dude too late to his job.

It's not even something I want to bother defending since I'm so against drinking and driving, but rest assured I did not go out on the road barely able to walk or something. I did everything I could to get as sober as I could before handling this responsibility.

He should have thought about the consequences of his actions before getting shitfaced. I'm sorry, but endangering his life, your life, and others on the road just to get him to work is beyond poor judgment. It's reckless, dangerous, and could have landed you in jail for a long time.

You're not his parent. And even if you were it wouldn't make sense to risk lives to bail him out.

PhoenixDark said:
He should have thought about the consequences of his actions before getting shitfaced. I'm sorry, but endangering his life, your life, and others on the road just to get him to work is beyond poor judgment. It's reckless, dangerous, and could have landed you in jail for a long time.
Truth.

Who gets shitfaced the night before a 2am job meeting when they're already on thin fucking ice, New Years Eve or not? I can see why he's on thin ice, because anyone with any sense in that situation would have been the one to volunteer for DD.

Kevtones

7PM - My girlfriend and I go to I Love Sushi for a great dinner.

8PM - We get ready to pick my brother who is flying into Long Beach airport for the Rose Bowl tomorrow but he calls to tell us his US Air flight LEFT EARLY from Phoenix so he has to spend his New Years in an airport comped hotel and flies into Burbank tomorrow at 9AM. So much for tailgating.

930PM - We park in a Rite Aid parking lot, pay, and go into Rite Aid to get some stuff (we actually make two trips because we needed money to pay). The lot says 1 hour parking/$2/and for Rite Aid customers only.

1030PM - We come back see that our car is gone. I nearly get in a fight with four combative latino tow truck guys as I ask why ONLY our car has been towed and the others only cited when they've been there MUCH longer. Our car is 7 miles away at this point and will cost $262 to get out. WE PAID FOR OUR SPOT AND SHOPPED AT RITE AID FUCK.

1045PM - We call everyone we can but after calling all possibles, we realize everyone is drunk and even a cab will take over an hour to get in this place. It's that bad.

1046PM - We realize we have no ride and we're in downtown Long Beach and in between us and home is the ghetto (Compton South pretty much).

1047PM - We walk home.

1200PM - We haven't been mugged yet but I stop my girlfriend for our new years kiss on the busy side of Long Beach Blvd in the middle of the ghetto.

1234PM - We get home, not mugged.

1258PM - Wine bought, because we couldn't get to Ralph's before midnight.

109PM - First chug of wine.

Worst new years ever. Expect to see me on Judge Judy GAF. If I get on there, expect a related shirt or something.

GO 2010 and FUCK YOU 2009

whitehawk

Banned
Oh my god my brother just got home a little while ago, and he is soooooo drunk :lol :lol :lol

I haven't laughed more in my life. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

lsslave

Jew Gamer
Amir0x said:

I understand, I was getting that from your situation which is why I didn't rip on you and I am proud that you decided to be responsible and attempted to sober up a little before you left.

A lot of posters are right though, if he had to work at 2 AM he isn't showing responsibility by not making sure it was all fine before going and it wasn't your problem in the first place. The DD is also a fucking prick for drinking. I'd rather people just say "I'm not DDing" than to offer and drink, it is the biggest asshole move I can think of related to drinking (well date rape is probably ahead of it)

I've been in a similar situation once, I was invited to a party and I got fucking HAMMERED and then people started doing cocaine so I left. I got home alright (we're talking 4 AM and I avoided anything left of traffic) but I have regretted it ever since because I can no longer say I have always been responsible.

A taxi in the situation was impossible (literally, an area where I couldn't get a cab) and walking home in -35C weather wasn't exactly survival weather, I just knew I needed to leave.

PhoenixDark said:

You're not his parent. And even if you were it wouldn't make sense to risk lives to bail him out.

The guy wasn't drunk, he had no license. Before you start calling people you should read what they say.

Xavien

Happy New Year!

Shame that I slept through it :lol

2009 was a good year for me, 2010 will be a lot fucking better though.

Sibylus

Banned
Happy New Years, Gaf! (About two hours late)

Ate some turkey, stuffing, and mashed potatoes, twas very good. Sipped some rum (Bacardi) as well to see if I liked it. Good burn and heat, but I didn't pick up much taste. It'll take some getting used to I suppose. Any relevant info, drinking Gaf?

lsslave said:
I understand, I was getting that from your situation which is why I didn't rip on you and I am proud that you decided to be responsible and attempted to sober up a little before you left.
Uh, there's nothing responsible about driving drunk, regardless of degree of inebriation.

lsslave

Jew Gamer
BobFromPikeCreek said:
Uh, there's nothing responsible about driving drunk, regardless of degree of inebriation.

That is absolutely ridiculous, he attempted to sober up and we don't know just how bad he was to be completely honest.

If you say that you don't count any degree than you would say driving after a single drink is irresponsible, which I think is utterly ridiculous because having a drink with dinner and driving home after isn't going to cause anything.

There is a reason there is a legal limit, and for all we know he was actually clear when he drove home. The reason I said it was responsible is because the people I know who drink and drive will keep drinking nonstop until they drive and they will be so ridiculously drunk its terrifying.

Al-ibn Kermit

Everybody in amirox's story was irresponsible. One guy does a DUI just so that his friend, who was the DD and had a meeting at 2AM, can get to work on time while drunk. He deserves to be unemployed.

Jasup

Listening to Vienna Philharmonic New Year's concert, having a cup of coffee, feeling a bit comatose. A good way to start the year.

Zeke

5:45am and I'm still drunk off my ass. My friend threw a party and the theme was Beers & Queers. Met a lot of awesome people tonight (most are gay) man I've said this most of my life the gay community knows how to fucking party. Hope Gaf had an awesome and safe night :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom