• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Harvest Moon 64 also hitting the North American Wii U Virtual Console on Thursday

Gestahl

Can't you max Karen out in like a day or something by stuffing your dog in her face over and over again or am I thinking of something else?

enoki

Can't you max Karen out in like a day or something by stuffing your dog in her face over and over again or am I thinking of something else?

Yep, this is the one. Showing Karen your dog increases her affection with no limit.

Neoweee

So, this giant push of Wii U VC in the final weeks before Switch is a strong sign that the VC is common between the two systems, right? They couldn't possibly be going through this effort for a flat-lined system that is getting its plug pulled.

So, this giant push of Wii U VC in the final weeks before Switch is a strong sign that the VC is common between the two systems, right? They couldn't possibly be going through this effort for a flat-lined system that is getting its plug pulled.

They haven't mentioned anything about Switch VC yet. Better to err on the side of caution.

Neoweee

They haven't mentioned anything about Switch VC yet. Better to err on the side of caution.

I'm not buying stuff, yet (mostly will just be a bunch of discount upgrades from the few Wii games I bought), but this last push makes absolutely no sense whatsoever without a Switch... switch... in mind.

komorebi

We're likely to see another trickle of VC games on the Switch as opposed to an actual smorgasbord. I pray I'm wrong but I'm now expecting N to grace us with monthly releases of Excitebike, Metroid 1, Zelda 2, F-Zero and the like before we get to fantasies like Mother 3 or even some of the stuff they're releasing now, like HM64.

But yes I bet they'll be both linked eventually...

boiled goose

good with gravy
We're likely to see another trickle of VC games on the Switch as opposed to an actual smorgasbord. I pray I'm wrong but I'm now expecting N to grace us with monthly releases of Excitebike, Metroid 1, Zelda 2, F-Zero and the like before we get to fantasies like Mother 3 or even some of the stuff they're releasing now, like HM64.

But yes I bet they'll be both linked eventually...

I don't mind the trickle, as long as all games are linked to the same freaking account and not hardware form factor tied skus.

I'm not buying stuff, yet (mostly will just be a bunch of discount upgrades from the few Wii games I bought), but this last push makes absolutely no sense whatsoever without a Switch... switch... in mind.

When has nintendo done things that make sense regarding digital content management and online?
Not buying anything digital on any nintendo system till features are explicitly confirmed.

Thank god. Totally buying. My sister ruined my N64 cart, I could give a shit at this point if it comes to Switch I just want to play it again. I'm still gonna have my Wii U out for plenty of other reasons after I get my Switch, this is just one more.

Time to get my girlfriend addicted to Harvest Moon eheheheheheh

komorebi

I don't mind the trickle, as long as all games are linked to the same freaking account and not hardware form factor tied skus.

Well I DO mind the trickle especially as it took 5-6 years for the Wii U and N3DS to finally reach the point of being within sight of being semi-comparable to the Wii VC. I won't forgive no FF6 or Chrono Trigger but it's at least a decent selection.

But if this means we'll get emulators that don't darken the games or have other issues... the wait might be worth it. I passed on many Wii U and N3DS SNES games because of this.

I would have loved to have played this, but I sold my Wii U for a Switch. Why are they still releasing VC games for Wii U? It's going to be really, really frustrating if games like this aren't on Switch VC.

This thread is making me depressed that Rune Factory has been ended. Frontier and RF3 are up there with HM64 in terms of great content.

You are all wrong.
8a7c74fbd07638d04baa50eed3a58db5.jpg

Best waifu for me by far is Carmen, from Rune Factory 3:

Carmen_zps85bc7f36.png

This thread is making me depressed that Rune Factory has been ended. Frontier and RF3 are up there with HM64 in terms of great content.

Best waifu for me by far is Carmen, from Rune Factory 3:

Carmen_zps85bc7f36.png

Neverland closing is not necessarily the end of Rune Factory. Marvelous can still make new ones, it's not as if rune factory ever sold badly.

I loved HM64 but I don't remember everything about it. Karen's dad was an alcoholic and she was always getting in arguements or running away or something, right? And you get into her pants by feeding her more wine?

I dunno, I just remember it being something messed up like that.

enoki

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";230914786]I loved HM64 but I don't remember everything about it. Karen's dad was an alcoholic and she was always getting in arguements or running away or something, right? And you get into her pants by feeding her more wine?

I dunno, I just remember it being something messed up like that.[/QUOTE]

In the best scenario,
you are given a bottle of famous wine that her grandmother (SNES's Eve) made to bring the Kifu fairies back to their vineyard, reviving it and mending some of the bitterness between their family.

The sort of swept-under-the-rug dystopia behind everyone's lives played a big role in what made HM64 so memorable.

Top Bottom