• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley will arrive on Nintendo #3DS on 19th June. UK/EU.

Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley will arrive on Nintendo #3DS on 19th June.

https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/596600541674889217

CEeNCAiWMAAl0k_.png

no mention on whether its dl only.

Just an FYI, for those that dont know this is not the game by the actual HM devs that is Story of Seasons and that has not been announced for EU iirc.

Robin64

So Harvest Moon fans should follow the Story of Seasons games and ignore these new Harvest Moon ones, right?

@MUWANdo

Banned
This game is not nearly as bad as the reviews suggest but it's definitely something you should read up on before you buy--if you blindly expect it to be similar to recent HM games (and why wouldn't you?) you'll be sorely disappointed, as it omits or moves away from a lot of modern HM tropes that people take for granted, but it's not terrible by any means and it could become a genuinely good series if they make an effort to listen to fan feedback.

So Harvest Moon fans should follow the Story of Seasons games and ignore these new Harvest Moon ones, right?

If your interest is primarily in the romance/relationship aspect, yeah, stick with Story of Seasons (or Rune Factory), without a doubt. Lost Valley is a farming game, through and through.

Lijik

I didnt think this game was that bad but the minecraft-esque aspect to the farm was a little clunky and more simplistic than i expected.

Robin64

What's amusing is that someone's listed this under "Spin Offs" on the Harvest Moon Wikipedia page, while Story of Seasons is listed under "Main Series". I get what they were doing, but still..

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
What's amusing is that someone's listed this under "Spin Offs" on the Harvest Moon Wikipedia page, while Story of Seasons is listed under "Main Series". I get what they were doing, but still..

That's probably because nobody knows how to split the two or rewrite the series article. Since what considered Harvest Moon until now are a part of the same series as Story of Seasons all those games are part of the same "main series" and this is the first game that is the start of its own "Harvest Moon".

Top Bottom