• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Harvey Relief Done Quick - Sep 1-3 |OT| Fast like Harvey Daylightsoon (I tried)

(Clearly we're here due to awful circumstances, but) I really like this lower-key GDQ feel.

Coming up on 125k. Hope we can hit 250 by this evening.

LordAlu

(Clearly we're here due to awful circumstances, but) I really like this lower-key GDQ feel.

Coming up on 125k. Hope we can hit 250 by this evening.
I can tell you it's been much easier to mod. Seems the large majority of people that usually flood the chat with spam and call it "memes" are either watching DreamHack or just haven't crawled out of their basements yet as they're still hibernating for AGDQ :p

What the heck how did I miss the entirety of this event? Props to them for organizing so quickly though,
You haven't missed it all yet! It is currently projected to wrap at around 10 PM EDT but if there are incentive runs added to the schedule it might go later as well. Check out the VoDs if you have something you wanted to see but if you are inclined to donate, any time is fine!

Jumping back in. What is even happening in this LttP race? Am I still asleep?

I see.. Cool.

The basic idea is that all item locations in the game have their items shuffled around... so for example you never know what you're going to find when you open a treasure chest! There are many item locations in the game beyond treasure chests, for example overworld heart pieces and NPC's that give you items - these are all included too!

Gurrry

I cant tell you how happy I am that theyre running LTTP Random. Ive been playing this and speed running it myself for about a month now.

I never thought they would do this for a marathon, but damn am I happy. More people need to check this out and play it.

Its AMAZING!

Yeah, neat idea for a race. Not just raw execution, also about improvisation. It being a "virtual" stream is a nice bonus as I assume racers can't accidentally pick up information by screen peaking.

Also creates a sort of nice meta-knowledge where the audience knows a bit more by combining info and anticipating as they get close.

Gurrry

LttP Randomizer is so addicting. I think I'll play a seed or two after this.

Dude it really is. My PB for it was 2:45:17. Not really a great time, but I am proud of it.

edit: Also keep in mind that when you run LTTP random, it doesnt HAVE to be swordless. You can choose the difficulty before you make the rom. You can make it so that it doesnt require any major glitches too. I also highly recommend using the map/item tracker that theyre using if its your first time. Here is a link: https://testrunnersrl.github.io/lttp-tracker/

Ludovico

Damn, just saw this and would have loved to have followed along through this.
Donated and waiting for the recording to be finished to start from the beginning!

Bumping for visibility.

Holy crap how did I miss this? God I haven't been spending enough time on Gaming side lately! What's been good to watch so far?

Gurrry

Holy crap how did I miss this? God I haven't been spending enough time on Gaming side lately! What's been good to watch so far?

Yeah I kinda wish we could pin this to the top of the gaming page somehow. Its not really getting the recognition of other AGDQ's.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So what's the Final Fantasy "no 64" thing?

If it's FF4:
There is a bug to finish the game quickly by going through 64 doors/floor transitions at the right time. The actual way that it works is complicated but the short version is that it skips most of the game so it's a separated category.

Ludovico

If it's FF4:
There is a bug to finish the game quickly by going through 64 doors/floor transitions at the right time. The actual way that it works is complicated but the short version is that it skips most of the game so it's a separated category.

Nice - I've never actually beaten IV, so watching a full playthrough is gonna be awesome.
Also, this Zelda randomizer seems cool as heck.

Reminder that Viewtiful Joe is coming up in a few minutes:

awhspc.gif
ckvnij.gif

Ludovico

Reminder that Viewtiful Joe is coming up in a few minutes:

.[/QUOTE]

Perfect time for a break, thanks for the heads up!!

[SPOILER];)[/SPOILER]

Despite not really loving Yoshi's Island (didn't play it until the gba release, which may be why), the run shows how tight of a game it was. Fantastic design, just good, quirky fun throughout.

Viewtiful Joe oozes style, I've been introduced to the LttP randomizer, and we're helping out flood victims - gg, all.

I was a dork and missed a bunch of this, but I'll try and catch FF4 at the end. It's cool that the GDQ guys decided to do this, it's for people who will really need it.

For those that missed it, they had more webcam fun during Chrono Trigger:

UYHYNnK.jpg

I was a dork and missed a bunch of this, but I'll try and catch FF4 at the end. It's cool that the GDQ guys decided to do this, it's for people who will really need it.

Damn, just saw this and would have loved to have followed along through this.
Donated and waiting for the recording to be finished to start from the beginning!

Bumping for visibility.
For the record I asked for a sticky in addition to the thread title change when we switched this thread from news to OT, but I guess mods didn't agree it was sticky-worthy. There's only so much I can do to make sure people who might have been interested in this would find out it existed considering we're not even 4-5 days into conception of the idea.

It's not too late to donate, however, and VoDs are a thing! HRDQ is in its last run but donations should still be taken for another three or so hours.

Final Fantasy IV has wrapped. Thanks to all who donated!

During the finale they are saying even with the marathon over donations will continue to be accepted until at least Friday. Donation total at the end of the event was $225,612.51!

Top Bottom