• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Harvey Relief Done Quick - Sep 1-3 |OT| Fast like Harvey Daylightsoon (I tried)

Dissent-

Neo Member
This is so tasteful and kind of the speedrunning community. I'll be donating for sure.

I'm most excited for "I Wanna Run The Marathon", it's a great I Wanna Be The Guy fangame with a fun to watch speedrun due to all of the gimmicks the gameplay has. It starts off seeming generic and done before...but be sure to stick around! I promise you'll enjoy it.

Less than 5 hours to start.

The organizers deserve all the kudos in the world for the speed (no pun) at which they put this together.

It still seems a tad early for BotW and a six hour Chrono Trigger run pushing the RE1vsRE2 race into the early early morning is lame, but that is a fantastic schedule otherwise.

Chrono Trigger 100% Glitchess let's goooooo

I'm definitely surprised a six hour Chrono Trigger run made it in considering Chrono Trigger has already been featured in the last several GDQs if I recall correctly. Has there been a significant change in tech in that game?

They just clarified on stream: use only the donation link on their website. Bits and subscriptions can't be turned off and will not go to the intended charity.

Right on. Hope this works out without too crazy many technical issues. Would be cool if they could do more of these smaller weekend virtual streams throughout the year.

Right on. Hope this works out without too crazy many technical issues. Would be cool if they could do more of these smaller weekend virtual streams throughout the year.
I disagree. Wearing out the event's welcome would just mean donor fatigue and less donations as people get bored of the event.

I disagree. Wearing out the event's welcome would just mean donor fatigue and less donations as people get bored of the event.

True, though by more I meant 2-3 total, tops. More for special circumstances such as this that is very flexible, not a rigid and stale every other week thing that people ignore.

if you like the normal shirts offered during GDQ, don't forget to check out the yetee during this event too. They have a few shirts they worked out quick for this event. I bought a couple of the mario ones for myself.

They fixed the painting.

Wio21ko.jpg

Crocodile

Damn I forgot about this and missed the X runs at the start >_<

Anyway, great on GDQ for doing this! Hopefully a good bit of money can be raised :)

As a Houstonian and a huge fan of GDQs, I forsee myself donating to this multiple times over the next couple of days. I was not affected much by the hurricane and want to give back to my community in every way I can.

Man that El Matador run was hilarious. Need more random games like that being run, or bigger awful games done quick segments.

Too many games from the same series, especially Nintendo franchises and Megaman, but that's what the community wants I guess. Donating when I get home, great idea.

Too many games from the same series, especially Nintendo franchises and Megaman, but that's what the community wants I guess. Donating when I get home, great idea.
Can't speak for scheduling per se but I think it's reasonable to assume the run variety is a function of what runners were able to donate their time for. GDQ doesn't request the games the runners run. The Mega Man 6 race was originally not going to happen until someone had to drop out, necessitating a backup to take the timeslot.

RIP the Mario Galaxy 2 runner just had a total failure of his internet connection and has ended the run half an hour short of his estimate - the time to get it fixed would wreck the schedule. The incentive run that was earned is being done by a backup runner.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Is the stream super hitchy for anyone else? Looks like it's skipping frames all the time.

EDIT:

There have been reports of frame hiccups whilst watching due to the fast moving nature of the default GDQ chat. If this is affecting you, you can either join GAF Chat (instructions are further down the OP) or you can watch just the video with no chat by going to
https://player.twitch.tv/?channel=gamesdonequick

I'm casting to my TV, so there's no chat.

EDIT 2: It's actually smoother in my browser, with the chat. Guess my TV just sucks as a cast receiver. So much for that X1 Extreme processor.

EDIT 3: Much smoother using https://nightdev.com/twitchcast/ than casting directly from Twitch.

^^ other than the rare, obvious framedrop issues from the streamer themselves, has been all good on Chromecast. I know that is not particular helpful, but as a data point for reference.

Tizoc

Rather disappointed he is playing on Easy, but if anyone is interested in getting the game, it is on Steam
store.steampowered.com/app/511010/TAIKER/

Pedersen

Ori run was super entertaining having just recently finished the game. Great chemistry and energy! The Frog skip making Vulajin take the lead was the highlight!

Battletoads run just now was crazy.

TAS block coming up now, starting with more Battletoads.

BotW master mode incentive still hasn't been met and not much more time to do it...

Top Bottom