• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X |Import OT| Party Like It's 2007

With that coming, there's really no chance of the PS3 controllers to be made compatible, right?

There's really no way to know until the game comes out, unless they specifically say they're going to support it. Future Tone comes out in two weeks and might offer hints as to which way they lean, but in the end, it's still a product from a completely different development team and what Future Tone does is not necessarily what DIVA X does.

P4D costume for PDX (and PDFT)
The module (costume), designed by Atlus’ Shigenori Soejima, will make its debut in the PS Vita version of Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X as downloadable content on June 23 in Japan for 300 yen, and in the PlayStation 4 version when it launches on August 25.
Read more at http://gematsu.com/2016/06/hatsune-...oration-costume-announced#xJVU2zoO885A2zeS.99
7vgSsts.png

zBDA0bb.jpg

uh more free stuff for ps4 version, hope atlus includes these for free on vita in the west.

It looks SO GOOD! Honestly blows Arcade Future Tone out of the water! There's way less uncanny valley, the colors pop without being as shiny, the choreography stands out better with their fully realized graphics, and it just... Oh maaaan that looks excellent. Can not wait for August!

BOth games have a different way to handle graphics .neither blow the other out of the water .. the just have different uses for effects.

Many people on gaf enjoy the arcade feel

ChrisD

BOth games have a different way to handle graphics .neither blow the other out of the water .. the just have different uses for effects.

Many people on gaf enjoy the arcade feel

Yeah, I should have put an imo in there. Arcade has always looked nice, but the Uncanny Valley is off-putting to me. Especially when playing songs that still have the old robotic movements for their video.

For me, personally, X HD is looking better than any game previous.

Does Urotander have a helmet and no helmet module for each? Please say no. ;-;

Does Urotander have a helmet and no helmet module for each? Please say no. ;-;

I, uh, don't know what to tell you...

(Urotander alone is reason enough to buy that damn unlock DLC. I like the song, but I have absolutely no desire to play that stupid Extreme chart.)

ChrisD

I, uh, don't know what to tell you...

(Urotander alone is reason enough to buy that damn unlock DLC. I like the song, but I have absolutely no desire to play that stupid Extreme chart.)

Screw thaaaaat.
I'll get the rest later, then... Was trying to get them all in one sitting. They all showed up pretty quickly, but then Kaito's popped and he had a helmet on.

The chart is honestly fun to play (it's not too hard either), but it's ridiculous playing it through the first number of times. Completely valid reason for not wanting to play the song.

zMiiChy-

Banned
Would anyone happen to know an efficient method and song (shortest one maybe?) for farming gift items? This has been the most confusing part of the game for me.

The diva room grind is killing my passion for the entire series '-'

kagamin

Would anyone happen to know an efficient method and song (shortest one maybe?) for farming gift items? This has been the most confusing part of the game for me.

That's where your problem is, you're not playing what makes the series fun for you, you don't have to farm this stuff you know, you're hurting yourself needlessly.

Each song have different drop items and some items have really low drop rates. See the wiki at http://www19.atwiki.jp/mikudiva/pages/482.html. The last column is what songs drop them. Unfortunately no module can increase the amount or boost drop rates.

There is a 5 item limit for each item. So be sure to use items to boost relationship or ones with events (like the 12 sketchbooks). Because anything earned past 5 would just be lost.

The only way to make the grind easier is play on Extreme and to use matching accessory sets and modules to increase bonus voltage. Extreme gives you 5 items max. Usually I was able to get max voltage halfway to the song with the matching module and accessory sets. After reaching that, I put down my Vita and go back to web browsing ;) I have like a minute or two break for some songs.

Unfortunately, nothing much you can do with RNG. Best way is to keep track of the items you are missing. The worst one for one item I think was after 10 plays on Extreme but on average I think 3-5 play I usually get the item I need.

zMiiChy-

Banned
Each song have different drop items and some items have really low drop rates. See the wiki at http://www19.atwiki.jp/mikudiva/pages/482.html. The last column is what songs drop them. Unfortunately no module can increase the amount or boost drop rates.

There is a 5 item limit for each item. So be sure to use items to boost relationship or ones with events (like the 12 sketchbooks). Because anything earned past 5 would just be lost.

The only way to make the grind easier is play on Extreme and to use matching accessory sets and modules to increase bonus voltage. Extreme gives you 5 items max. Usually I was able to get max voltage halfway to the song with the matching module and accessory sets. After reaching that, I put down my Vita and go back to web browsing ;) I have like a minute or two break for some songs.

Unfortunately, nothing much you can do with RNG. Best way is to keep track of the items you are missing. The worst one for one item I think was after 10 plays on Extreme but on average I think 3-5 play I usually get the item I need.

Thank you. Would you know the fastest way to go through the 5 songs to get the vocaloids to ask for gifts? Just doing that is taking forever. Or maybe it would be better to just throw gifts at them randomly?

After a few weeks with the soundtrack, I have to say it's grown on me.

Overall a more obscure selection than any previous game, but the selection feels curated and remains interesting throughout. Actually more listenable than most Vocaloid compilations, I would say.

(I still haven't actually played the game)

Thank you. Would you know the fastest way to go through the 5 songs to get the vocaloids to ask for gifts? Just doing that is taking forever. Or maybe it would be better to just throw gifts at them randomly?

It is better to give gifts randomly. IIRC you have to reach Lv 10, and I got all the items and events before reaching max for all Vocaloids. I always played on Extreme so that also helped.

I think every 5th play is a request. This is a good time to unload your items as it forces you to the Diva room and as there is a 5 item cap per item.

Requests require specific items. So I usually keep like 3 of the ones that they need like food, instruments, toys, posters, etc. You need to able to read Japanese as giving a bad item will lower affection. Like when it asks for sweet food, you need sweet food not any type of food. If you don't have the item needed, press Start BEFORE the item selection to skip the request.

EDIT

Also saw the latest English trailer for Project Diva X. Rated T for Lyrics and Mild Suggested Themes. Guess they read the lyrics to Holy Lance Explosion Boy :D

zMiiChy-

Banned
It is better to give gifts randomly. IIRC you have to reach Lv 10, and I got all the items and events before reaching max for all Vocaloids. I always played on Extreme so that also helped.

I think every 5th play is a request. This is a good time to unload your items as it forces you to the Diva room and as there is a 5 item cap per item.

Requests require specific items. So I usually keep like 3 of the ones that they need like food, instruments, toys, posters, etc. You need to able to read Japanese as giving a bad item will lower affection. Like when it asks for sweet food, you need sweet food not any type of food. If you don't have the item needed, press Start BEFORE the item selection to skip the request.

EDIT

Also saw the latest English trailer for Project Diva X. Rated T for Lyrics and Mild Suggested Themes. Guess they read the lyrics to Holy Lance Explosion Boy :D

Does difficulty matter for unlocking new gift items? I can't seem to get the Vegetable Juice gift and I've played the song 20+ times now. :c

Does difficulty matter for unlocking new gift items? I can't seem to get the Vegetable Juice gift and I've played the song 20+ times now. :c

Difficulty just increases the amount of items you get. IIRC 2 on Easy, 3 on Normal, 4 on Hard and 5 on Extreme. It doesn't affect rarity but with 5 on Extreme, you have 5 chances to get your item.

Also doing the quests with modifiers doesn't affect drop (same amount based on difficulty). But it is needed for the Events Trophy as there is a event when completing all the quests.

The wiki isn't 100% complete as I doubt Tsumi no Namae is the only song to get vegetable juice. I think I got it in another song. It wasn't common item I think but it wasn't rare either. For me, the hardest one was strangely iced coffee.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
This comes out in the US at the end of the month, right? I have SO many songs to play in Future Tone still, but I'll obviously be picking this up, too.

And those Rin modules are <3

Is there an event guide for this game?

In the wiki http://www19.atwiki.jp/mikudiva/pages/487.html#id_e2d393f8. You can see your progress in Album. But it is basically do everything.

- all story events (normal area progression, special live events and area requests)
- all friendship events (Lv 2 then MAX)
- all present events (good thing is this is not random like previous Diva games)
- get all module event (collect all modules for this event)
- do all area quests event (do every quest for every song in every area. so all 4 difficulties and hard+extreme with modifiers. I believe it is a minimum of 7 for each song)
- all birthday events

matmanx1

Just FYI - the US demo is out now on PSN:

PS4

Vita

I downloaded the demo on both the Vita and the PS4. As far as I can tell, both are well optimized and run equally well. The calibration on my TV and PS4 is off a little bit but that is fixable.

I see Amazon has Project Diva X for pre-order on PS4 for $40 right now so I jumped on that. I may double dip on the Vita version at some point if cross save is in.

I see Amazon has Project Diva X for pre-order on PS4 for $40 right now so I jumped on that. I may double dip on the Vita version at some point if cross save is in.

Cross save is already confirmed, and is region agnostic to boot (you can cross save between the English and Japanese versions of the game so long as you play both on the same PSN account).

pariah164

I am late to the party; just snagged the demo.

Lots of Laugh... Graaaah, that song is haunting me. Thought I left it behind in Project Mirai, but... Nyoup.

Does anyone know a reliable way to obtain Miku's append module? It's the only one of hers that I can't seem to unlock.

Do Special Live! 3rd!! which has a high chance for a Netural Rare Drop. Then equip the Yellow module which has New Module UP Lv. 4.

I always get my missing rares with this method and at most only had to play twice.

pariah164

Apologies for the double. Am I the only one who is reminded of Shake It! when they play Satisfaction? Something about the beat of it. As a result, I can't stop playing.

Side note, there is a ridiculous amount of costume unlocks for a demo.

ChrisD

Apologies for the double. Am I the only one who is reminded of Shake It! when they play Satisfaction? Something about the beat of it. As a result, I can't stop playing.

Side note, there is a ridiculous amount of costume unlocks for a demo.

Yeeeees!
Errr, nooo..?
You're not alone is what I mean to say.

The two are some of the most upbeat "gets your foot tapping to the beat while also getting stuck in your head and you don't even mind" songs. They always cheer me up. ^^

Top Bottom