• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X |Import OT| Party Like It's 2007

kagamin

I should really branch out, I'm only playing like a few select songs that I really enjoy, I need to play the others more often too to practice. :p

I don't get what's so horrible about Live Quest. It's like free play but with challenges that you can do if you want.

I really love Rin's dancing at the beginning of the second song in chaos medley. Cowers in fear, then curious fist pumping, then all-out double fist pump.

Also, I just got the パートナーはキミ trophy while showering the gang with presents. I was dreading this trophy because I couldn't find out what the heck it was for, but I guess that's behind me now.

ChrisD

I'm fine with Live Quest mode. I just do Free Play because I want any Perfects I get to be shown and not lost to a void. Biggest flaw imo. That and not keeping track of your plays; I like stats.

TP

I'm fine with Live Quest mode. I just do Free Play because I want any Perfects I get to be shown and not lost to a void. Biggest flaw imo. That and not keeping track of your plays; I like stats.

There's definitely some Live quest tracking going on
Clears only maybe?

b7zCpCc.jpg

CbFnbZ5.jpg

I have no idea what is going on on this screen
those percentages
that third column and that song with no number

ChrisD

I may or may not have forgot to check Records because I can't read Japanese and haven't fiddled around with any menus. :L

Well in that case, I just wish Perfects reflected in Free Play.

I'm ok with the quests for casual play. But I pretty much summed up my complaints in my previous post.

@TP

1st screen is the usual records
2nd screen is the Best Voltage and # of plays for that song in quests.
3rd screen is how much you completed quests per song. Silver is you passed. Gold is you passed and got max item drops. 3rd column is the number of plays in Event Quest (the one where you choose the song)

Been trying for weeks to get the golden clear on Ultimate Medley extreme with three challenge items. I finally got it where the stars aligned and I nailed both technical zones and the chance time.

Oh good god though the grind for presents...

Also, I just got the パートナーはキミ trophy while showering the gang with presents. I was dreading this trophy because I couldn't find out what the heck it was for, but I guess that's behind me now.

You get it for changing the main menu module through setup some amount of times. 15, I think??

You get it for changing the main menu module through setup some amount of times. 15, I think??

Yeah, that makes sense. When I would want to switch to other characters for present-giving I would go into a song set-up menu and then back out to the top menu. Took me awhile to actually see what the set up button did!

ChrisD

Been trying for weeks to get the golden clear on Ultimate Medley extreme with three challenge items. I finally got it where the stars aligned and I nailed both technical zones and the chance time.

Oh good god though the grind for presents...

Congrats!

Still been trying to get a Perfect in Free Play. I can't even get the Chance Time now. I think I played it so much that my fingers stopped wanting to work. :/

Can someone tell me what the event is at the very top of the second page of the present events? Thank!

Also, does anybody have any ideas as to what songs yield hot plates and silk hats (if the game's events is a near-exact copy of F2nd's like I'm led to believe, these are the ones I'm missing)?

Congrats!

Still been trying to get a Perfect in Free Play. I can't even get the Chance Time now. I think I played it so much that my fingers stopped wanting to work. :/

I don't have a single extreme perfect because I've been spending too much time grinding for items :(

Thanks!

Edit: I literally need to put a bounty on this god damned hot plate. The first person that gives me the name of the song that gives these fuckers gets gaf gold for life! It's seriously driving me mad.

Btw, here's what I've found are the songs for getting the various presents that you need many of:
Quiz set: Ai no Uta 愛の詩
Sketchbook: the neutral medley
Calligraphy: Calc.
Silk Hat: Calc. and I think Amazing Dolce may be better
Hot PLate: ?????????

I don't know if presents are exclusive to some songs and they're are probably other songs that work as well, but these are my findings at the very least.

I was having problems with the wiki a couple days ago for some reason. Images and graphics were all fucked up. Good thing it's working now. I can't take much more of Kaito hating all of my presents I give him, the ungrateful bastard.

No, I meant this wiki. When I said images I guess I meant the spreadsheet layout. It was all distorted and much of it was missing. My phone is old....

TP

Still no mention of save import
Sega please, you're making me nervous

The grind is ridiculous, I wont do it again

Draikin 2

Still no mention of save import
Sega please, you're making me nervous

The grind is ridiculous, I wont do it again
Sam Mullen mentioned earlier this probably wouldn't be added this time around.

Given the complaints regarding the random unlocks, I think it'd be better if they restored the old way of unlocking modules with in-game currency and have both systems in place. In any case, I'm hoping they do something about the grind in the PS4 version.

Maaaan, how can you be so on the ball in one region and blow it entirely for another?
Given how this was clearly a day one decision to bring the PS4 version to the West, it's hard to understand what is stopping SEGA Europe from supporting the franchise. What we're seeing now, with Sega of America showing a trailer with PS4 footage that hasn't even been shown in Japan yet, is something we haven't seen for a Project DIVA game before. SEGA Europe could and really should have been promoting the game alongside the US and Japan to really make a worldwide marketing push.

TP

Given the complaints regarding the random unlocks, I think it'd be better if they restored the old way of unlocking modules with in-game currency and have both systems in place. In any case, I'm hoping they do something about the grind in the PS4 version.

Oh no

I won't be buying the English release then
I'd rather spend more money on an import PS4 ver. and higher priced DLC than go through the grind again

Edit: Oh, I just remembered my save is on my NA account

cDpCrSJ.jpg

Would I be able to play JPN dlc if I were to cross save my vita save file onto a NA PS4 account and buy the songs off the JPN store?

Draikin 2

Given that there are some complaints regarding the changes to the game, and people talking about not buying the English version, I'm curious if there would be any interest from the Project DIVA community to gather feedback from the import version for the developers?

With the PS4 version still in development, I feel like there's still an opportunity for that. I could look into making a survey, for example. If we'd get enough responses and send the results to SEGA of America, perhaps it could influence the decisions being made. The grind for example. That's something they could definitely still change.

This game a good buy content-wise at ¥7,549?
It depends. There's enough content in terms of modules but the method of acquiring them involves a lot of grinding. If you want to unlock all the modules, you'll be spending a lot of time playing the same songs. I like the selection of songs this time around, but there are only 30 and with them being divided in five different Clouds, grinding for modules becomes repetitive rather quickly. And I do miss the story-based PVs. Visually, a lot of the stages just aren't very memorable, even though the graphics overall are more consistent and quite impressive on a PS Vita screen.

Tenshi

Neo Member
Well, isn't this interesting news. Looks like I'm only sticking to my usual pattern of importing the Japanese release. Won't be supporting the western release this time around. I have no idea what SEGA of America is thinking these days.

Quick off topic question:

Anyone else heading to Miku Expo in New York next month? If so, hope to see you there.

After being deep in Trillion/Dark Souls/CS Go I can finally start playing this. Quick question, does anyone know if cross save would work between the JP vita version and a US ps4 version?

Edit: I see that if I read the thread properly theres some confusion on it just above.

Hey guys, Sam Mullen here.

Some of you guys have noted that I had previously mentioned that the "Import Save" feature that was present in Project DIVA F 2nd wasn't in Project DIVA X's English version.

For those who aren't aware, PDF2 had a feature that utilized PSN's Cross Save Functionality to allow you to transfer your Japanese progress to the English version in a unidirectional way. This was accessible by a nice Import button on the title screen.

For Project DIVA X, however, that import button is gone. Instead, all regions of the game utilize a single Cross Save repository. This means not only can you transfer your JP save data to the EN version, but you can go English back to Japanese as well. It also works across platforms.

So basically, if you own a JP VITA version, and you want the English PS4 version, you can transfer between the versions utilizing Cross Save.

Sorry for the previous misinformation and hope that clears things.

Good to know it is not worth completing my JP Vita copy then.
A shame!

Edit: Thanks Sam for clarifying it, nevermind what I said!

That's great news. Too bad it won't be of use to me with my digital Vita copy. Had I known this beforehand I would have imported a physical version to play on my EU account.

That's great news. Too bad it won't be of use to me with my digital Vita copy. Had I known this beforehand I would have imported a physical version to play on my EU account.

I'm not sure what you mean, but digital or packaged shouldn't make a difference. Cross Save has nothing to do with the format you use.

I'm not sure what you mean, but digital or packaged shouldn't make a difference. Cross Save has nothing to do with the format you use.

I think he means that he has a JP digital copy on his JP PSN account and wanted to play the localized version on his EU PSN account. Cross-save is still PSN account-bound, so it can't be used to make game data cross to a different account entirely.

ChrisD

Thanks for the new info/clarification, Sam!

Was fully prepared to go through the unlocks again for my PS4 copy, but not needing to sounds much nicer!

If you're still in the thread, any word on Europe? Or do you have any say in that? It really sucks that there's still not a date for a whole Country. Think even an, "It's coming, but later," would fix a lot of things.

Draikin 2

Thanks for the update Sam!

I think he means that he has a JP digital copy on his JP PSN account and wanted to play the localized version on his EU PSN account. Cross-save is still PSN account-bound, so it can't be used to make game data cross to a different account entirely.
I hadn't considered that, but I'm in the same boat. But is it actually PSN account bound? Because for Project DIVA F 2nd, I had both a JP and EU account on my PS3. I bought F 2nd on my JP account, and unless I'm mistaken I do believe I managed to import that save game afterwards on my EU copy of F 2nd. But I guess that's because it wasn't actually a cross-save, unlike for Project DIVA X.

So essentially, that would mean those who own the digital JP version are out of luck this time around, only physical versions can share save data?

Exactly this.

I hadn't considered that, but I'm in the same boat. But is it actually PSN account bound? Because for Project DIVA F 2nd, I had both a JP and EU account on my PS3. I bought F 2nd on my JP account, and unless I'm mistaken I do believe I managed to import that save game afterwards on my EU copy of F 2nd. But I guess that's because it wasn't actually a cross-save, unlike for Project DIVA X.

So essentially, that would mean those who own the digital JP version are out of luck this time around, only physical versions can share save data?

Save data is account locked on Vita and PS4, so I don't see how you would import data across accounts. Gotta grind all those modules one more time!

Thanks for the update Sam!

On PS3 what matters is which account is signed in at the time you run the game. There is considerably more freedom on the PS3 (and PS4) end since you can access digital content that was actually purchased from another account without issue; the Vita does not afford such luxury. If you played the JP game with your EU account, your cross save data was tied there; it would be a different story if you were playing your JP copy with your JP account and your EU copy with your EU account.

It's tied to your PSN Account. Allowing you to move the game between accounts would allow for trophy unlock exploits, which would be a no-no.

Top Bottom