• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X |Import OT| Party Like It's 2007

Not saying it would be optimal, but better than not being able to play the game at all :p
I seriously don't get what's wrong with Sega Europe these days. PDF 2nd was announced for both territories at the same time. I know I am ranting a lot about it, but it seems to me as if Atlus has managed to convince their mother company that Europe doesn't exist. It's frustraring to say the least.

I'm right there with you. We did eventually get Yakuza 0 confirmed, so I'm not completely losing hope for Miku just yet.
or 7th Dragon III.............

TP

Event Quest, Ultimate Medley Extreme

I cleared it on the last note but failed the chance time and didn't get the module unlock

6EIaCrI.gif

kagamin

Event Quest, Ultimate Medley Extreme

I cleared it on the last note but failed the chance time and didn't get the module unlock

6EIaCrI.gif

I tried so many times to get the chance time costume unlock for 聖槍爆裂ボーイ on Extreme, now I can do it on a pretty normal basis.

Didn't have that much trouble with the Ultimate Medley, surprisingly enough. Though already being kinda decent at Two-Sided Lovers and 2D Dream Fever probably helped.

ChrisD

I really like it too.

Does it seem like Cools are easier to get than before to anyone else? Feels like they're less strict.

rpmurphy

Tried to get it playing on a friend's PSTV, and it is incredibly painful to try to get the timing setting correct with his TV... I am not sure how to do it, because the timing tool is visual only and the delay is with audio.

Tried to get it playing on a friend's PSTV, and it is incredibly painful to try to get the timing setting correct with his TV... I am not sure how to do it, because the timing tool is visual only and the delay is with audio.

Oh hey, I was just recently talking about this again in the localization announcement thread:

Nearly all TV lag problems can be compensated for well as long as you get a separate audio pipeline. Modern TVs actually delay audio output to match the video lag, and it's very difficult to compensate for this (and even good compensation for this will have uncorrectable problems, especially if you use hit sounds). I game with my game consoles piping audio to PC speakers; I use a HDMI audio splitter for PS/Vita TV and PS4, but everything else has analog audio outputs built in.

ChrisD

Oh hey, I was just recently talking about this again in the localization announcement thread:

Oh man, I never thanked you for mentioning this a while back on another thread. After reading it, I tried to play F2nd Vita on the TV again, but I tried while using Game Mode for the sound and picture output. The difference was huge, I could actually perfect songs whereas I was having trouble clearing them before. It's not exactly what you mentioned using, but just the mention of the problem being audio delay and not inherently picture-related was a big help.

So yeah, thanks! I've played X a bit on the PSTV already, and I wouldn't have even thought to do so if I never read it.

Banned
My copy arrived today. I only played through the Neutral, Beauty and Cute areas but it's pretty fun so far. Random costume drops look like they're going to be really annoying but it's also kinda fun seeing what the next module you get is. So far, I've gotten the modules for クノイチでも恋がしたい and 聖槍爆裂ボーイ. I technically did get the module for LOL as well but my game didn't save.

Also I'm having an issue with my game. While I was looking for the option to change stars to flicking I think I might of turned off Auto save by accident. Does Project Diva X have auto-save on automatically? I know the other Diva games did and I would think X would be the same. If it is, can someone show me where I could turn it back on? It would be deeply appreciated.

My copy arrived today. I only played through the Neutral, Beauty and Cute areas but it's pretty fun so far. Random costume drops look like they're going to be really annoying but it's also kinda fun seeing what the next module you get is. So far, I've gotten the modules for クノイチでも恋がしたい and 聖槍爆裂ボーイ. I technically did get the module for LOL as well but my game didn't save.

Also I'm having an issue with my game. While I was looking for the option to change stars to flicking I think I might of turned off Auto save by accident. Does Project Diva X have auto-save on automatically? I know the other Diva games did and I would think X would be the same. If it is, can someone show me where I could turn it back on? It would be deeply appreciated.

Go into the options menu (the one with the little gear symbol). In the options menu select the first submenu. The auto-save option is at the very bottom. Turn it on.
If you still don't get it I can post some screenshots later.

Banned
Go into the options menu (the one with the little gear symbol). In the options menu select the first submenu. The auto-save option is at the very bottom. Turn it on.
If you still don't get it I can post some screenshots later.
Thank you! I can't believe I turned it off.

Boy, the module grind is real. I'm sitting at 85% after over 30 hours (though not all of that was spent in quest mode). It doesn't help that you can't unlock modules and go for perfects simultaneously.

Here's a list of all the modules with unlock conditions: Module List

Boy, the module grind is real. I'm sitting at 85% after over 30 hours (though not all of that was spent in quest mode). It doesn't help that you can't unlock modules and go for perfects simultaneously.

Here's a list of all the modules with unlock conditions: Module List

whoa thanks, didn't know some had unlock conditions. Thought they were all random :eek:

卑怯戦隊うろたんだー (power ranger)'s extreme chart makes me actually mad. You could turn all of the annoying challenge items on in another song and it'd still be less frustratingly nonsense.

TP

卑怯戦隊うろたんだー (power ranger)'s extreme chart makes me actually mad. You could turn all of the annoying challenge items on in another song and it'd still be less frustratingly nonsense.

I love how ridiculous it is
Did have to watch it in slower speed to catch all the shenanigans

kagamin

I love it, it reflects the mood of the song perfectly. :p

It's not that bad after a few tries. I was able to consistently perfect it by the time I was done getting everyone's modules from it.

Urotander is a 7 star song dressed up as a 9 star song. A bit of memorization is necessary but after that its smooth sailing. I enjoy the silliness.

Safros

That's the most fun song. The frst time that I played the extreme version I used high speed notes, micro notes, and panic (I never play anything without the first two) and I had no idea what was going on half the time. Couldn't stop laughing at how fitting it was.

In general I like the note charts and the songs a lot. I'd say that this is the most fun portable PD game as of yet.

ChrisD

Man I wish I could see the enjoyment you guys see, because I'm with them on the hate wagon. I tried it once and just got frustrated halfway through. Didn't even play the whole song.

It's not a difficult chart, it's a memorization chart.
I don't want to memorize my chart in order to succeed.

kagamin

Man I wish I could see the enjoyment you guys see, because I'm with them on the hate wagon. I tried it once and just got frustrated halfway through. Didn't even play the whole song.

I know about memorization, memorization doesn't help me pass songs any better than the rest :p (looking at you 77% on Ultimate Medley!)

TP

But that's how a lot of difficult songs are in rhythm games
Some sections happen too fast for me to react so I have to remember they're coming up and let my fingers and time practiced do the work

Urotander doesn't actually have many trick notes
the one star note than flies at 5x speed at the start
chance time star that also flies by at high speed
couple slow notes
a few notes stacked on top of each other
and notes coming off screen

off screen notes are the easiest to deal with because you know the beat of the song
it follows that

If you're having difficulty with it go to youtube and see the song in slow motion
recognize where all the shenanigans are happening

You know it's coming
you prepare for it
it all becomes easy

Daft Punk

Banned
Was thinking of importing this, but seems to be a bit more in depth than F and F2nd were. Might just wait for the localized version.

kagamin

Was thinking of importing this, but seems to be a bit more in depth than F and F2nd were. Might just wait for the localized version.

I'd say wait, especially if you want the PS4 version. :p (I'm enjoying it a lot but you might lose out on the enjoyment of messing with the room elements because you don't understand)

ChrisD

But that's how a lot of difficult songs are in rhythm games
Some sections happen too fast for me to react so I have to remember they're coming up and let my fingers and time practiced do the work

Urotander doesn't actually have many trick notes
the one star note than flies at 5x speed at the start
chance time star that also flies by at high speed
couple slow notes
a few notes stacked on top of each other
and notes coming off screen

off screen notes are the easiest to deal with because you know the beat of the song
it follows that

If you're having difficulty with it go to youtube and see the song in slow motion
recognize where all the shenanigans are happening

You know it's coming
you prepare for it
it all becomes easy

I was mostly annoyed with the off-screen notes and general jumbled clusters flying in at once.

Like, I know it's kind of cheating since I know the songs, but I got a Great on my first try at the Ultimate Medley, and just got an Excellent with 97.1 on my third attempt. Holy Lance Explosion, a song I've never heard until this game, I was able to Great on my first attempt and Excellent on my second.
Edit: Relevant because my first attempt at Urotander without giving up halfway through didn't even net a Standard, lol

The reason I could get the other songs done more easily is that I can see what I'm following, and not memorizing tricks. Sure, the song is too fast to perfect without knowing the tune, but it doesn't look like the Edit Mode "SUPER HARD!!!!" charts I've downloaded in the past. The ones that aren't actually hard, they just don't have legible note charts. I suppose that's what I should have said - I don't like the tricks.

Thanks for the slow-mo YouTube tip. Will definitely do that, I want the song to have an Excellent at least as to fall in line with the rest.

A lot of the things I thought I wouldn't like about this game I've ended up appreciating. The new style of static backgrounds being more like a stage performance doesn't come off as the developers cheaping out. It feels like they were actually just trying something new. You get to mix and match all of the stages and opens up stuff like the medleys and the special lives. And it didn't really hit me for a while for some reason, but the amount of modules is absolutely insane. However, if you were to just go into the shop and dump your stash of Diva points on them they wouldn't be all that cool, but since the game makes getting them more of an event they're cooler... albeit the RNG shit can be annoying. In any case, it encourages like I said to mix and match so I like how everything works.

Also, if you pause during a successful chance time animation the sound effects continue while it's sitting there pasued. I thought that was kinda funny.

Oh yeah, and the grind is real.

kagamin

I need full versions of EASY DANCE from the cute medley, and フキゲンワルツ from the first medley really badly (mostly the latter because the only version I've heard is the one in the original Project Diva, and it needs a proper update :p).

Also, if you pause during a successful chance time animation the sound effects continue while it's sitting there pasued. I thought that was kinda funny.

Damn, surprised no one posted about this earlier, I just found that out last weekend.

ChrisD

Forget one or two, we need full versions of all the medley songs. :p
The 1 2 Fanclub remix is so good (well, minus the short WUBWUB bit).

kagamin

I'm on board if it gets me 恋スルVOC@LOID and ぴんこすてぃっくLuv too. :p

I really like the songs in the Beauty medley.
Full versions please Sega!

I hate that there's no sound effect when you hit the chance time star successfully in Free Play, makes it sound empty

c-murph

I just got my copy!

I don't know what I'm doing in this one because to much Japanese. I just play songs and hope to win now.

Medley Ranking:

Beauty Medley > Chaos Medley > Cool Medley = Cute Medley > Ultimate Medley > ... > Neutral Medley

I hate that there's no sound effect when you hit the chance time star successfully in Free Play, makes it sound empty

Completely agree, makes it very unsatisfying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juHX-TxIPvE
Full version of the 1 2 Fanclub remix has existed for years. Not much changed in the Diva X version aside from Rin being added to it. Dependence Intention and Chaining Intension are also largely unchanged in the Beauty Medley.

I think the Oster Medley is underrated srsly. It would've worked very well as the game's opening number, way better than Hajimete no Snorefest.

kagamin

Favorite Medleys. Neutral Medley = Cute Medley (Oster Project and Mitchie M <3) > Chaos Medley = Cool Medley > Ultimate Medley > Beauty Medley

It's a pretty close decision for me, I like most all of them and play them often except for the Beauty Medley, which I've never played outside of the first time they make you lol.

I have to say, my desire to buy this game (eventually, once it's localized) has increased quite a bit. When I first heard about the static backgrounds I was pretty sure I was going to pass, but now... eh.

Oh! How does the overall chart difficulty compare to F2nd? (in extreme, since that's the only difficulty I really care about)

I have to say, my desire to buy this game (eventually, once it's localized) has increased quote a bit. When I first heard about the static backgrounds I was pretty sure I was going to pass, but now... eh.

Oh! How does the overall chart difficulty compare to F2nd? (in extreme, since that's the only difficulty I really care about)

I'd say it's a touch harder than F 2nd. There's quite a few songs, like maybe 7 or 8, that feel like they're on the tougher end of the scale as opposed to F 2nd's maybe 4 or 5.

chadi

Oh yeah, and the grind is real.
Ikr. I'm trying to complete the gift items and replaying the same songs 3-5 times just to get an item to drop is very annoying.

Anyway, does anyone know if there's another method to unlock the &#26157;&#21644;&#12524;&#12488;&#12525; room theme? The ultimate medley on extreme is kicking my ass so bad. I can only clear it on hard. :(

ChrisD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juHX-TxIPvE
Full version of the 1 2 Fanclub remix has existed for years. Not much changed in the Diva X version aside from Rin being added to it. Dependence Intention and Chaining Intension are also largely unchanged in the Beauty Medley.

I think the Oster Medley is underrated srsly. It would've worked very well as the game's opening number, way better than Hajimete no Snorefest.

Ooh, was unaware of this! I don't pay much mind to Vocaloid outside of the games I've played (f, F2nd, Mirai DX, and now X), thanks for sharing!

That said, is Hajimete an older tune? I really like it, but this game is the first time I've heard the song. I can imagine it being boring to hear the same thing for years on end.

My personal ranking for Medleys:

Ultimate = Cute > Chaos = Neutral > Cool > Beauty

There's a song I liked from what I heard in Beauty, but the whole medley is kind of unmemorable...

Cool has Unhappy Refrain AND Tengaku, two of my favorites. But the mixing is pretty bad. :/

Neutral is great, Chaos is slightly above it, but not enough to move out of the same tier.

Mitchie M is a godly Producer, so glad he got a Medley! Definitely the top for music. Ultimate is super fun while also being mixed well, though, and since this is a game it deserves my top spot.

Safros

Yes, Oster's Medley is quite good. I like them all, but Cute and Beauty a little less so. Cute just doesn't feel like it has anywhere near as much work put into it as the others. I expected a lot more from Mitchie M.
Beauty has weird vocals at certain points that feel like they needed work.

It's too bad about Hajimete. I like the song a lot, but I don't know why it was so hyped by Sega, unless they were just trying to play on people's nostalgia. It just really needed some sort of update. I guess they just couldn't get much, if anything, out of malo.

Fucking...

So I was grinding for Luka's modules in &#21329;&#24623;&#25126;&#38538;&#12358;&#12429;&#12383;&#12435;&#12384;&#12540;. I got a few random drops along the way, but the modules specific to the song I just could not get. I played the song maybe thirty times trying to get these gosh darn costumes.

Then I decided to take a break and go and browse the art in the album section. I was looking at the full size version of &#21329;&#24623;&#25126;&#38538;&#12358;&#12429;&#12383;&#12435;&#12384;&#12540; and saw Luka in the background... at that moment I realized her costume was different from the rest and I had got it like an hour ago. The power ranger one I was looking to pop up doesn't exist. I guess she's like the villain.

RIP me.

Top Bottom