• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X |Import OT| Party Like It's 2007

That said, is Hajimete an older tune? I really like it, but this game is the first time I've heard the song. I can imagine it being boring to hear the same thing for years on end.

Hajimete is an older tune, yes. It's already been in the PSP games and may have directly inspired the OT title.

Streaming again tonight: http://hitbox.tv/starcreator

So what's you verdict on the game so far? Think you'll have everything unlocked for our next Diva table setup at con?

I only ever really focus on song unlocks, which aren't too difficult this time around. But I'm kind of hoping we have Future Tone to set up instead by then.

EDIT: Stream done for the night. Two areas to go... recording here: http://www.hitbox.tv/video/974134

TP

I'm reading elsewhere that ultimate modules are dropped in the 8th live special but aren't guaranteed

Does this grind ever end

JordanKZ

I really want to like this game, but holy shit, how many times do you have to repeat the areas? It's not like the song selection is super killer either. This entry is so disappointing. Future Tone, save us. :(

TP

I really want to like this game, but holy shit, how many times do you have to repeat the areas? It's not like the song selection is super killer either. This entry is so disappointing. Future Tone, save us. :(

7 crystals per zone
song count to complete a crystal depends on your loadout

I used New and Rare modules + and averaged about 8 plays to complete a crystal

Unlock a crystal and you open up a live quest of that type in which you get to play one of the songs you were just grinding out

Unlock one of each crystal type and you get a special event where you pick three songs to complete

By the time you're done the track list will be forever burned into your memory

JordanKZ

7 crystals per zone
song count to complete a crystal depends on your loadout

I used New and Rare modules + and averaged about 8 plays to complete a crystal

Unlock a crystal and you open up a live quest of that type in which you get to play one of the songs you were just grinding out

Unlock one of each crystal type and you get a special event where you pick three songs to complete

By the time you're done the track list will be forever burned into your memory

What fresh hell is this... I'm on my third cycle of the crystals now, I might just stop.

The ultimate drop quest is the bane of my existence. Ultimate Kaito took seven tries, Ultimate Meiko took two, and Ultimate Luka......... dropped randomly when playing the Ultimate Medley in Live Quest. Seriously.

ChrisD

You guys talking grinding and I'm over here with...
tp90nlH.jpg

I may have broke what I said about not wanting to use my Vita in fear of damaging it. I don't know why I've become so fixated on this song. And it could have ended last night but

;;;;;;------;;;;;;;;

ChrisD

lol!

I didn't even notice, the game is speaking to me!
I'm not playing it today, gotta' give it a break

ChrisD

Shut up guys you're good at the game, I can't even beat the Ultimate Medley ;_;

I was actually not going to post it because I didn't want to look like I was gloating, but my heart sunk so low when that 1 popped up. I had to share it. Forgive me. :(

kagamin

For every single Project Diva game on Vita I've only just recently beaten the hardest songs with like 80.01% in most cases... meehhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Maybe I'll get it eventually...

ChrisD

We can all agree that the background stage is the best out of all the medleys, right?

I love that I forget I'm playing X because of how much motion there is. It sounds goofy, but the static stages do still bug me.

TP

Phew, got the Standard

This is my first time in Free Play
Why is there no feedback for completing chance time
thought I had missed it

Phew, got the Standard

thought I had missed it

What? You get "CHANCE TIME SUCCESS" or "CHANCE TIME END" right after the huge star and all the health meters and stuff come back on screen. I'm not sure if they kept the different PV thing though.

TP

What? You get "CHANCE TIME SUCCESS" or "CHANCE TIME END" right after the huge star and all the health meters and stuff come back on screen. I'm not sure if they kept the different PV thing though.

Then I completely missed the text
Looked (besides the bars that go away regardless) and sounded no different then the previous failed attempts

Tenshi

Neo Member
I only ever really focus on song unlocks, which aren't too difficult this time around. But I'm kind of hoping we have Future Tone to set up instead by then.

I hear ya. I have my second PS4 ready for when the game comes out so that I can run two setups of Future Tone. I might just put out the Diva X PSTV setup, too.

ChrisD

Phew, got the Standard

thought I had missed it

You can always set something to the "Change" slot if you want it to play out the same way as if you were in the "Story Mode".

Urotander is just dumb.

So, once three-Vocaloid songs got introduced, every subsequent game obviously had to follow up with another one. And there aren't that many in the first place.

It's pretty clear that Urotander was not Sega's first, or second, or third choice for three-Vocaloid songs, despite actually having more views than the others we've gotten so far... But I never thought they'd actually go through with this one.

TP

1. Ultimate Medley ~Virtuous Runaway Suite~
2. Chaos Medley ~Giga Remix~
3. Cool Medley ~Cyber Rock Jam~
4. Cute Medley ~Idol Sounds~
5. Beauty Medley ~Gloss Mixture~
6. Medley of the Beginning ~Primary Colors~

I like the idea of medleys
execution was so-so

So, once three-Vocaloid songs got introduced, every subsequent game obviously had to follow up with another one. And there aren't that many in the first place.

It's pretty clear that Urotander was not Sega's first, or second, or third choice for three-Vocaloid songs, despite actually having more views than the others we've gotten so far... But I never thought they'd actually go through with this one.
I like it musically, but the note chart on Extreme is completely unnecessary.

It can't be overstated how much slicker this game is. The menus are fantastic.

I like it musically, but the note chart on Extreme is completely unnecessary.

If you decide to grind for modules it becomes a middling song difficulty wise surprisingly quickly. I was complaining about it earlier, and it's still kinda a slap in the face, but really just at first.

Just read a wiki.

Appears item drops are dependent on song? So I guess I can't grind one song on an area.

Requests are dependent on area. And it is possible to cancel a request but only before the gift selection screen by pressing START.

ChrisD

Booting up F2nd on Vita again really made it apparent how much nicer this game looks. Can't wait to see the PS4 version.

65 hours in and my partner levels are 9, 4, 4, 3, 3, and 3. lol fuck you too game.

At least the RNG for the modules is not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Only have about five left across all characters and there was nothing frustratingly evasive.

Yeah. The modules aren't that bad. Also with the New and Rare module skills, I usually get the song's costume in 1 or 2 tries.

The big issue with the RNG is the items. There are 231 items. Then there are items with events with some needing multiple copies. So like right now I am grinding for 12 sketchbooks and I only got 3 out of 20 extreme plays (5 items per play).

What sucks about the item drop is the risk and reward is not there. The difficult jumps from Hard to Extreme just for 1 more item. Playing with a modifier (like micro notes, hi speed, etc) doesn't matter as only difficulty matters. After I reach the max items from voltage, I don't bother finishing the song since voltage doesn't drop from mistakes. There is also no reason to do technical zones perfectly or even get Perfect in area quests since starting with 60% bonus voltage will usually get enough voltage to finish halfway or 3/4 song.

I really didn't mind the item unlock grind from F2nd. But this RNG item drop is really burning me out.

That's unfortunate to hear. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like the present events don't duplicate like in the f games. So, you only need 12 sketchbooks to get the 12 events rather than like 40 in the other games because it would start fucking you over with the duplicates on your last one or two. If that's true, it seems like it's a bit of a better situation. Hopefully I haven't just been getting lucky.

That's unfortunate to hear. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like the present events don't duplicate like in the f games. So, you only need 12 sketchbooks to get the 12 events rather than like 40 in the other games because it would start fucking you over with the duplicates on your last one or two. If that's true, it seems like it's a bit of a better situation. Hopefully I haven't just been getting lucky.

Really? I hope so. I haven't done the multiple event items yet. I was going to get the minimum amount then do a save and reload.

Luigi87

Finally got my copy today.

While I don't care for some of the changes they've made (seriously, emphasis on quest mode to unlock... whyyyyyyy), the core gameplay remains my favourite of any rhythm game.

Live Quest mode really is total garbage. I've gotten pretty much all the modules I care about (86% done) and moved on to Free Play, and... it's like a whole different game. I'm doing all the same stuff but it doesn't feel like a soul draining grind anymore.

I'm... having fun???

Nyoro SF

Live Quest mode really is total garbage. I've gotten pretty much all the modules I care about (86% done) and moved on to Free Play, and... it's like a whole different game. I'm doing all the same stuff but it doesn't feel like a soul draining grind anymore.

I'm... having fun???

Grinding in games feels like my soul is getting sucked out of my body with an ethereal, invisible vacuum cleaner. I always attempt to avoid it when possible, so I'll think I'll be set with this game since Free Play is so accommodating.

Top Bottom