• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X |Import OT| Party Like It's 2007

TP

So basically, if you own a JP VITA version, and you want the English PS4 version, you can transfer between the versions utilizing Cross Save.

rOjNvMH.gif

Hey guys, Sam Mullen here.

Some of you guys have noted that I had previously mentioned that the "Import Save" feature that was present in Project DIVA F 2nd wasn't in Project DIVA X's English version.

For those who aren't aware, PDF2 had a feature that utilized PSN's Cross Save Functionality to allow you to transfer your Japanese progress to the English version in a unidirectional way. This was accessible by a nice Import button on the title screen.

For Project DIVA X, however, that import button is gone. Instead, all regions of the game utilize a single Cross Save repository. This means not only can you transfer your JP save data to the EN version, but you can go English back to Japanese as well. It also works across platforms.

So basically, if you own a JP VITA version, and you want the English PS4 version, you can transfer between the versions utilizing Cross Save.

Sorry for the previous misinformation and hope that clears things.

This is great news. I got the JP Vita version with steelbook. But defo getting both EN versions.
Thanks.

If you're still in the thread, any word on Europe? Or do you have any say in that? It really sucks that there's still not a date for a whole Country. Think even an, "It's coming, but later," would fix a lot of things.

Nitpick, but Europe isn't a country. It's many, many, many different countries.

Whooo! Finally beat the Ultimate Melody Extreme quest with 200,000+ voltage. This was the only one that was holding me back from the Platinum trophy!

Now my hands hurt....

kagamin

I can beat every song on the Vita base games (f, F 2nd, and X without DLC), except the Ultimate Medley, I need to get good. :>

ChrisD

I can beat every song on the Vita base games (f, F 2nd, and X without DLC), except the Ultimate Medley, I need to get good. :>

A bit curious: what is it in the Ultimate Medley that makes it hard to clear? You got the Chance Time in Sadistic Music Factory, and that's a huuuuge cluster* with quite a bit going on for note complexity.

Is it the massive clearance power you need from Two-Sided and/or Intense Voice with the Tech Zones, somewhere else in particular, or just the general "marathon" nature of the song?

Personally, I think the only actually difficult part of the Ultimate Medley is Sadistic Music Factory. Disappearance is a total joke, Two-Sided Lovers was never hard, 2D Dream Fever's rhythm has been burnt into my memory, and the tech zone during Intense Voice is pretty simple. I doubt I'll ever perfect it tho.

A bit curious: what is it in the Ultimate Medley that makes it hard to clear? You got the Chance Time in Sadistic Music Factory, and that's a huuuuge cluster* with quite a bit going on for note complexity.

Is it the massive clearance power you need from Two-Sided and/or Intense Voice with the Tech Zones, somewhere else in particular, or just the general "marathon" nature of the song?

Chance time is in 2D Dream Fever.

For me, the hard parts are Sadistic (as I hate that song). No break or slow ramp up for 2D Dream Fever unlike the other songs. I basically paused after every song because of each songs spam fest at the end since my hands start to hurt (except for Disappearance that was a joke). And the end of Intense Voice as usual ;)

kagamin

I'm pretty bad at 2D Dream Fever (I have to rely on the first technical zone to pass it in F 2nd), I guess I just need to make it up the difference in Two-Sided's technical zone for now until I get it down better.

ChrisD

Personally, I think the only actually difficult part of the Ultimate Medley is Sadistic Music Factory. Disappearance is a total joke, Two-Sided Lovers was never hard, 2D Dream Fever's rhythm has been burnt into my memory, and the tech zone during Intense Voice is pretty simple. I doubt I'll ever perfect it tho.

Yeah, Sadistic definitely stands out as the hardest. I blame that final stretch with the rapid, triple, double, hold. It's a crazy fast pattern to have to follow.

Chance time is in 2D Dream Fever.

For me, the hard parts are Sadistic (as I hate that song). No break or slow ramp up for 2D Dream Fever unlike the other songs. I basically paused after every song because of each songs spam fest at the end since my hands start to hurt (except for Disappearance that was a joke). And the end of Intense Voice as usual ;)

Sorry, meant that kagamin (which, may I add, tried to auto-correct to kayaking) had finished the Chance Time in F's Sadistic Music Factory, not that the Chance Time is in that song in X. I can definitely see how confusing my wording was though.

I'm just glad they didn't put the Tech Zone onto the ending of Intense Voice again. It shouldn't be anywhere near as hard as it is to hit all of them... But it is. .-.

I'm pretty bad at 2D Dream Fever (I have to rely on the first technical zone to pass it in F 2nd), I guess I just need to make it up the difference in Two-Sided's technical zone for now until I get it down better.

If it's the arrow notes that throw you off, you can always cheat it by holding one button and then pressing the other. :p If it's just the rhythm, idk, I'm in the same boat as Ludger Kresnik, that much is burnt into my muscle memory entirely haha... Lots of tries, that one took to clear back in F2nd. Loooots of tries. @-@

But you should definitely be able to clear the song off of Two-Sided's Tech Zone + hitting enough in the rest of the song. I'm sure once you get that down you'll clear it in no time!

Well, that's bullshit. Goddamn it SEGA.
It's exactly what happened with f/F, except there's only two songs instead of six. Still, I don't see why this is unexpected. I was expecting it to be more than two songs.

500 yen a song has been the standard DLC song cost for the series for a very long time.

muteki

IIRC the F content DLC was 1500 yen, so this is more expensive, but happy more songs are being added on a game that was light on them as it is.

I'll never get the inflated cost of DLC which seems to be worse in Japan than in the West. I've already invested in this product, and you're rewarding me with additional stuff that cost 3x as much as the base product essentially? What? Buying 17 songs of Diva X DLC would pay for both packs of Future Tone.

ar4757

I'll never get the inflated cost of DLC which seems to be worse in Japan than in the West. I've already invested in this product, and you're rewarding me with additional stuff that cost 3x as much as the base product essentially? What? Buying 17 songs of Diva X DLC would pay for both packs of Future Tone.

That's pretty crazy. 200+ vs 17 haha

I guess it's just a ploy to get you to buy the PS4 version above trying to sell the DLC to Vita owners. "I could buy the overpriced songs by themselves... or I could just get them along with the X HD!"

I've found you out Sega. I'm clearly a genius.

I can't fault Sharing The World much. It's the first Vocaloid song by an overseas producer Crypton and Sega ever backed quite to this extent. Miku Expo 2014 in LA/NYC was headlined by the song - I have a copy of it on vinyl because that was the VIP gift, lol

I can't fault Sharing The World much. It's the first Vocaloid song by an overseas producer Crypton and Sega ever backed quite to this extent. Miku Expo 2014 in LA/NYC was headlined by the song - I have a copy of it on vinyl because that was the VIP gift, lol

Glass Wall doesn't get as big a push, but it did debut earlier in 2014 for the Lady Gaga concerts, and is still going strong in this year's shows. And people can actually make out the words.

They made the arrangement even more intense this year and I have really gained a new appreciation for it.

As for Sharing the World, don't forget that the first BIGHEAD album comes out... tonight: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/only-1-feat.-hatsune-miku/id1115026447

So the only Western-produced songs used in the concerts so far are Glass Wall, Ten Thousand Stars, and Anamanaguchi's "Miku." And the English version of Just Be Friends, kind of.

And the BIGHEAD album just unlocked on iTunes. It has both the Japanese and English versions of Sharing the World.

Safros

"Miku" is surprisingly good. I was iffy on the ending at first, but after listening to the song a second time I ended up liking it a lot.

https://youtu.be/NocXEwsJGOQ

It probably won't ever happen but I'd be pretty hyped if it came to X or any PD game.

Oh, I thought this was the general thread. Oh well.

c-murph

Hey guys, Sam Mullen here.

Some of you guys have noted that I had previously mentioned that the "Import Save" feature that was present in Project DIVA F 2nd wasn't in Project DIVA X's English version.

For those who aren't aware, PDF2 had a feature that utilized PSN's Cross Save Functionality to allow you to transfer your Japanese progress to the English version in a unidirectional way. This was accessible by a nice Import button on the title screen.

For Project DIVA X, however, that import button is gone. Instead, all regions of the game utilize a single Cross Save repository. This means not only can you transfer your JP save data to the EN version, but you can go English back to Japanese as well. It also works across platforms.

Sorry for the previous misinformation and hope that clears things.

Holy Fuck, Thank you! Now just release another $100 Song Club DLC pack and I'm good to go.

ChrisD

Today was super productive! Got five Perfects and was a Safe away from getting one on Holy Lance and the Chaos Medley.

The highlights were Urotander and... The one where Miku is in like, that cage? Where the song art is her in the red dress.

Getting Sweet Dolce was also really cool, because I haven't practiced it much. And that Tech Zone is really easy to get caught off-guard in.

The other two were Strangers and Slow Motion. Those were never actually hard, I just didn't feel like getting them Perfect, lol.

Really wish I didn't get those Safes. Now the two are going to haunt me, and I'm now obligated to put my time into getting them. :c

kagamin

I feel like its possible for me to get the Perfect in Choas Medley, moreso than Holy Lance (because my accuracy sucks). I mean I have managed to keep a combo for the whole thing all the way up to 1,2 Fanclub which isn't that hard I just fumbled a bit.

"Miku" is surprisingly good. I was iffy on the ending at first, but after listening to the song a second time I ended up liking it a lot.

https://youtu.be/NocXEwsJGOQ

It probably won't ever happen but I'd be pretty hyped if it came to X or any PD game.

Oh, I thought this was the general thread. Oh well.

Can Japanese speakers hear what Miku/vocaloids are singing? Because I didn't catch like 80% of that at least.
I feel like its possible for me to get the Perfect in Choas Medley, moreso than Holy Lance (because my accuracy sucks). I mean I have managed to keep a combo for the whole thing all the way up to 1,2 Fanclub which isn't that hard I just fumbled a bit.

This is what I try and tell myself every time I suck.

ChrisD

Man screw that 1 2 Fanclub chain lol. The rapid circles followed by red arrow, too. If it's not a fumble on one it's the other. Ace the first? Hah, take a Fanclub dropped note. Messed up the circle string? Here's your nothing but Cools on 1 2, have fun. :)

The two are in cahoots with each other.

And they're winning

Safros

Can Japanese speakers hear what Miku/vocaloids are singing? Because I didn't catch like 80% of that at least.

Nah, most people that I know that have any interest in Vocaloid have trouble understanding Miku even in Japanese. English would probably be harder to understand, though I doubt many have even so much as heard of any English Vocaloid songs, much less even listened to one. Or, at least I've never heard anyone mention one.

kagamin

This is what I try and tell myself every time I suck.

If I'm only getting 8 safes it should be possible right? :p

Man screw that 1 2 Fanclub chain lol. The rapid circles followed by red arrow, too. If it's not a fumble on one it's the other. Ace the first? Hah, take a Fanclub dropped note. Messed up the circle string? Here's your nothing but Cools on 1 2, have fun. :)

The two are in cahoots with each other.

And they're winning

Surprisingly I'm having less trouble with the first note chain (I can get the Childish War one 60% of the time now), my hands get all mixed up on different things and I feel like I have to constantly look now so my hands are aligned with the buttons (I have an unusual problem lol). Also sometimes I preemptively press with my right hand instead of my left hand with the wrong note, I'm weird.

Ok. I'm done with this game. Not getting the Platinum. I'm just burnt out.

One trophy left where I have to do all area quests to get the last room event. Well.. I have to do Ultimate Melody on Extreme again but with 212,000+ voltage with 3 modifiers (hi speed, micro notes and liar judge). Unfortunately, I don't really memorize the chart as I look at the notes for timing (which why drunk notes and hidden give me so much trouble). I can get close to 200,000 if I'm lucky enough to get a bunch rate notes in the beginning or in the easy parts.

Refna

Ok. I'm done with this game. Not getting the Platinum. I'm just burnt out.

One trophy left where I have to do all area quests to get the last room event. Well.. I have to do Ultimate Melody on Extreme again but with 212,000+ voltage with 3 modifiers (hi speed, micro notes and liar judge). Unfortunately, I don't really memorize the chart as I look at the notes for timing (which why drunk notes and hidden give me so much trouble). I can get close to 200,000 if I'm lucky enough to get a bunch rate notes in the beginning or in the easy parts.

In case you didn't know, there are modules that cancel those modifiers.

In case you didn't know, there are modules that cancel those modifiers.

Oh yeah Normal Break. I'll give that a try. I have been using Rate Note Up or Rate Note+ to boost the needed Voltage.

EDIT: Thanks for the suggestion. Got it. Only got a few more quests to do but will do them when I'm no longer burnt out.

It's a huge improvement over basically every other English-language Vocaloid song that came before.

Like, I could make out the words under in-concert conditions. That puts it on the level of the average Western pop song in terms of lyrics clarity.

ChrisD

Three more Perfects! Luka's song, Mitchie M's Medley, annnnd Holy Lance Explosion Boy!

Luka's was another I was just putting off because it's a slower song. It sounded good tonight, so I was able to get it done.

Cute Medley really only has one hard part for me, and that's the blasted rapid string in Ageage Again. Somehow I always missed one. I managed to get through it without any drops this time, so that was nice.

Holy Lance Explosion Boy actually got Perfected before those other two. I really grew to enjoy the song and chart with the number of clears I had. It's a fun one. Will be playing other songs in place of it though, don't want to burn out on it before the PS4 version released.

Edit: HOLY JEEZ I was on a roll! Also got Beauty, Chaos and Cool. =D

Beauty has like the suckiest opening for my tastes. It's not until Sweet Devil comes on that I actually care for the medley at all. Just don't really care for the first song (or two? don't remember right now how many are before Sweet Devil lol). On the whole though - as a medley - I find it better than...

Cool Medley. This hurts me because I love all the songs in this except for one: Pallette (well that and Rin's songs going together kind of choppy). Song itself? Pretty good! But it had nooooo reason to be in the Cool medley. There's like no energy behind it! All these other songs have you like, "Yeah! I'm hyped! Let's go!" and then Luka walks in and goes, "hi guys I want to participate in this too". It throws off the flow so badly, and it's in the late-middle so it sticks with me more. :(

Chaos very quickly grew on me - to the point where I'd put it equal with Mitchie M's. Even if it was a * and took me 45 clears. </3 Even parts I disliked in the beginning (both in song and chart) I really like now.

I tried Ultimate Medley again in hopes that some magic was in me right now, but it was to no avail lol...

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/06/0...d-getting-playstation-4-mini-controller-hori/

Anyone going for that? Kinda wondering if it makes the game more enjoyable. I think it would, for me. I wonder what its size is like.

We've talked about the DIVA X mini controller a bit in the Future Tone thread. Besides the addition of the touchpad, it looks to be a redress of the mini controller that was released for F and F 2nd. It's roughly 2/3 the size of my keyboard.

It's passable, but the buttons are kind of mushy. The arcade machines are sort of the same kind of mushy, but it's not a feel that translates well to the much smaller buttons this controller uses. I wound up modding the buttons with a much clickier microswitch type (before I knew the arcade machines don't really use switches with clicky feedback), which totally changes the button feel and reduces misfires.

I dunno, I'll probably pick one up and take a look inside to see what they changed, as usual.

Top Bottom