• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku Project Diva X releases August 30th in NA on Vita/PS4

oldmario

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X will launch both physically and digitally for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita in the Americas on August 30, Sega announced. It will cost $49.99 / CA$64.99 on PlayStation 4 and $39.99 / CA$54.99 on PS Vita. Unlike the Japanese release, the PlayStation 4 version does not have an “HD” in the title.

source

miku miku me if old

JordanKZ

Aaaannnnd nothing announced by Sega Europe. This is an interesting new trend of us getting completely fucked over.

Although, I imported Diva X from Japan and quite honestly, the song selection, lack of story based MV's and single player progression are really pretty bad in comparison to the other two recent Diva games. Although the Mitchie M. medley is pretty dope.

... I'll probably still buy the PS4 version.

AWESOME! I'll definitely buy a PS4 for this.

Did they ever talk again about the Future Tone arcade port? I felt that we would have gotten that before this.

JordanKZ

Did they ever talk again about the Future Tone arcade port? I felt that we would have gotten that before this.

It's been a while since we heard anything about Future Tone, or at least, I haven't seen any news. You'd have to imagine they're getting these releases out before Future Tone. Still, if FT isn't a F2P digital only release, I'd be really surprised.

Nyoro SF

That's much sooner than I expected.

What does this mean?

To shore up sales in Japan of the PS4 version which is coming a lot later compared to its Vita version they changed their marketing to promote it more as its HD brother. They've been uploading videos in 1080p/60fps on youtube and rebranded it as an advertisement and added that little addendum to the end of the PS4 title.

However since in America we're getting both versions at the same time, that kind of extra marketing is unnecessary.

Great news but I am a little confused. What do you mean by both versions? You mean PS4 and VITA and JP already had the VITA versions so they are marketing the PS4 one as HD?

mrmickfran

It's been a while since we heard anything about Future Tone, or at least, I haven't seen any news. You'd have to imagine they're getting these releases out before Future Tone. Still, if FT isn't a F2P digital only release, I'd be really surprised.
Future Tone will be separated into two parts and will be priced:

http://gematsu.com/2016/03/hatsune-...e-details-future-sound-colorful-tone-versions

To shore up sales in Japan of the PS4 version which is coming a lot later compared to its Vita version they changed their marketing to promote it more as its HD brother. They've been uploading videos in 1080p/60fps on youtube and rebranded it as an advertisement and added that little addendum to the end of the PS4 title.

However since in America we're getting both versions at the same time, that kind of extra marketing is unnecessary.

Ah, that makes sense then.

Man August 30th is stacked for games this year,it's going to be hard for me to find time to play this the new wow xpack and god eater 2.

I've heard that the response to Diva X has been lukewarm compared to previous games, but I'm not totally sure why. It sounded like there were complaints about the song selection and the quest mode?

I've heard that the response to Diva X has been lukewarm compared to previous games, but I'm not totally sure why. It sounded like there were complaints about the song selection and the quest mode?
- "music video" esque song visualizations are replaced with more static backgrounds that can be swapped around between songs
- 30 songs as opposed to the more normal 40, although many of them are medleys with 4-5 songs within
- quest mode can be cumbersome with the dialogue, grinding on easier difficulties, and need for setting up
- RNG for modules, presents, and accessories

I fucking loved it though like all Miku games. 100 hours in it already.

This time, NA gets the August 30 release date.

I'm constantly amazed how they go out of the way to release everything Miku-related in March or August every year.

muteki

I love Project Diva, but I really don't know if I'll be picking this up. Static stage backgrounds were a real disappointment.

Static is a bit harsh, they have animated components and there is a lot going on in the background. In most of them. They are on Youtube for a closer look.

What they aren't are the more story-eque music videos with various settings or prop interactions like previously seen.

Safros

Nice. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who's on the fence.

The loading times are so much shorter that having no story PVs didn't matter to me after 30 hours. I'd be perfectly happy with an F and an X series coexisting, that way we could have the best of both worlds.

Songs are completely subjective, of course, but I think this has the best and most energetic track list of the series. I consistently play a majority of the tracks oin a single sitting, whereas in the older games I'd stick to 5-10 songs at the most.

Static is a bit harsh, they have animated components and there is a lot going on in the background. In most of them. They are on Youtube for a closer look.

What they aren't are the more story-eque music videos with various settings or prop interactions like previously seen.

I've seen the YT vids. Maybe not static per se but there's no real interaction between the backgrounds and the characters. Hence how the game lets you literally swap the backgrounds out.

It's just a huge step down from the super flashy PV's in the F games.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
A pouch for pre-ordering? Really?

.........so what does it look like?

Probably will stick to Vita as usual, but man, kind of want PS4 with the updated graphics

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
KQ5PnAd.gif

Still glad I imported but love the quest structure of this game over the usual 'arcade' modes of the other Miku games. Could do with a few more songs though.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Looking forward to it. But I really hope they decide to come out with a special controller for the ps4 eventually... Maybe i'll just get a brook converter to use my old miku controller.

Producer

A pouch for pre-ordering? Really?

.........so what does it look like?

Probably will stick to Vita as usual, but man, kind of want PS4 with the updated graphics

Not just updated graphics, more importantly 60fps. Project diva at that framerate is amazing.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I assume that the bonus will be similar to DX, as it will be packaged in a little box? I hope we get to see a concept art of it, which will determine if I order it from Amazon or not. No more squished boxes for me!

Kumubou

Hmm... This is an interesting approach. I hope to Miku we hear some news at E3.
I seriously doubt it -- I doubt we hear anything about Future Tone until after X launches since the differences in the available content are staggering (seriously, Future Tone has about 10x as many songs as X does).

ZeroX03

Banned
Will see how it reviews. Might grab it on sale or something. All the quest stuff sounds like wasted time, I'm all about gameplay and set list and that's Future Tone. Which I'll probably buy digitally from Japan day one.

Has there been any info about Song DLC? So far there's none afaik.

Willing to import this because SEGA Europe is like "Hatsune Mik-who?", but NA DLC on Vita is a pain. Maybe I'll just go PS4 this time then.

I hope they don't block recording/streaming because I'm looking forward to that

Top Bottom