• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku Project Mirai DX Sep 8 (NA), Sep 11 (Europe). Special Edition announced

SHarris78

Forgot to turn off wi-fi before starting the demo, and the only way to turn it off on the N3DS is via settings. I'm hoping after a full charge it'll be ok for 24 hours.

Stupid 1 use limit.

Mandelbo

Wait does turning off wi-fi bypass the use limit?

I think it's just about conserving battery life. Turning the wifi off will make the battery last longer, so there's less need to worry about the one use of the demo being used up by the battery running out.

hWkOb0H.jpg

Ok so my brother managed to get all cools on hard, and he got 100.95%! He said you can hold the hold notes longer for more points. So.. does this mean the percentage means nothing if we are just going for all cools? It seems kind of annoying that you can get all cools but still not get the "best" score. What is the best percentage possible anyway? Is it possibly 101%? Anyone have any idea?

I don't mind that so much but the fact that you can get all cools but still not get 100% is bad for me. I suppose this game wasn't designed to go for all cools anyway.

Tried the demo, yep a fun Miku game. Looking forward to its release, need all them rhythm games in my life.

It feels less sadistic than F 2nd too which is a plus. Probably a little more frantic but I feel less hatred from the game at the very least.

So I just tried the demo, and... wow, I think I'm actually going to like this game more than the Project DIVA games, and that's saying something. I wasn't expecting that at all.

Anyone else feel this way?

Tried out the demo, and really enjoyed the 2 songs! Wished they gave us 1 or 2 more at least. I really need a Rhythm fix since we're not getting Rhythm Tengoku 3DS anytime soon...

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
So I just tried the demo, and... wow, I think I'm actually going to like this game more than the Project DIVA games, and that's saying something. I wasn't expecting that at all.

I like it more because Nendo Miku and friends are too cute.

SephLuis

My favorites are F 2nd and Diva Extend. I don't think this will overtake them because of the difficulty options. Hard isn't enough.

Mandelbo

It definitely feels more relaxed than the PDF games, nowhere near as easy to fuck up here! I can't say for sure whether I like the art style more in this game yet, but chibi miku definitely beats out regular miku for me. Don't think it's ever gonna be as comfortable to play as PDF on my vita, though.

ChrisD

My favorites are F 2nd and Diva Extend. I don't think this will overtake them because of the difficulty options. Hard isn't enough.

Same minus the bit about extend since I don't have that.

I'll still buy and enjoy this, but the lower difficulty prevents it from beating out PD F/F2nd IMO.

Wanderer5

Hmmmm really good first impressions, so it could top Project Diva 2nd for me, but I shall see with the full game. Will probably help it a bit that I love the Nendoroid line.XD

I probably should have checked out either F or F2nd, but playing the demos on the console version kind of bugged me.

Also, excited for Daughter of Evil and Servant of Evil. There PVs in this game are sooooo good looking too.

I like it more because Nendo Miku and friends are too cute.

Yeah, I like regular Miku and friends but Chibi Miku is something else. Too damn adorable!

It definitely feels more relaxed than the PDF games, nowhere near as easy to fuck up here! I can't say for sure whether I like the art style more in this game yet, but chibi miku definitely beats out regular miku for me. Don't think it's ever gonna be as comfortable to play as PDF on my vita, though.

Yeah, it definitely isn't hard enough, which is the one major drawback for me so far. Even on Hard, it never even approaches being challenging if you're a rhythm game veteran. That said, I'm still finding it more fun to play than the Project DIVA games... I think because I find it a lot easier to read the notes in this game. Regardless of difficulty, I often find that notes in Project DIVA blend into the background for me and I sometimes don't even see them until I get an unexpected miss on-screen. That's not happening with this game because the notes are so much clearer and easier to read, and I love that.

I can't decide if I prefer button or stylus control... the Theatrhythm vet/fan in me enjoys and wants to use the stylus option, but the button option feels great and more traditionally Miku-esque to me. Decisions, decisions!

So looking at Wikipedia, it looks like this game will have 47 songs total? Nice, that's a pretty decently-sized song list. Anyone know if there is or will be any DLC?

Hmmmm really good first impressions, so it could top Project Diva 2nd for me, but I shall see with the full game. Will probably help it a bit that I love the Nendoroid line.XD

I probably should have checked out either F or F2nd, but playing the demos on the console version kind of bugged me.

Yeah, Project DIVA F and F 2nd undeniably play and feel much better on the Vita than they do the PS3. There's just this weird loss of tactile feedback when playing on the PS3 that isn't a problem on the Vita... and I feel like it isn't just HD lag that's to blame. Part of it, I think, is that the Vita's face buttons and analog sticks feel much better for these games than the DualShock 3 and its mushy buttons.

SephLuis

So looking at Wikipedia, it looks like this game will have 47 songs total? Nice, that's a pretty decently-sized song list. Anyone know if there is or will be any DLC?

The wiki does not say anything and, by now, I think they would have already announced DLC in Japan.

I guess at TGS we will be seeing new titles instead of more DLC packages.

kagamin

Yeah, I like regular Miku and friends but Chibi Miku is something else. Too damn adorable!

Yeah, it definitely isn't hard enough, which is the one major drawback for me so far. Even on Hard, it never even approaches being challenging if you're a rhythm game veteran. That said, I'm still finding it more fun to play than the Project DIVA games... I think because I find it a lot easier to read the notes in this game. Regardless of difficulty, I often find that notes in Project DIVA blend into the background for me and I sometimes don't even see them until I get an unexpected miss on-screen. That's not happening with this game because the notes are so much clearer and easier to read, and I love that.

I can't decide if I prefer button or stylus control... the Theatrhythm vet/fan in me enjoys and wants to use the stylus option, but the button option feels great and more traditionally Miku-esque to me. Decisions, decisions!

Yeah, Project DIVA F and F 2nd undeniably play and feel much better on the Vita than they do the PS3. There's just this weird loss of tactile feedback when playing on the PS3 that isn't a problem on the Vita... and I feel like it isn't just HD lag that's to blame. Part of it, I think, is that the Vita's face buttons and analog sticks feel much better for these games than the DualShock 3 and its mushy buttons.

I had a similar feeling with the backgrounds, I feel that they're not nearly as distracting as some of my favorites from F 2nd (not necessarily a bad thing though).

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I will say, I like the way the notes are presented over Project Diva. Half the challenge was memorizing where the notes would fly in, & in some videos, they would blend into the music video (which I hope won't be an issue here considering how big the notes are & stand out more).

Though it'll stink not being able to use my bluetooth headphones which I use on my Vita when playing Project Diva or listening to music. I really don't have wired headphones that I can use on my 3DS.

Wanderer5

Yeah I think because of how tight Diva on the PSP felt, playing it on the PS3 felt... sluggish or such, like as you said that weird loss of tactile feedback. I also am pretty much attuned to portable rhythm games, and ended up getting a bit annoyed following the notes on a much bigger screen too.XD I sure I probably would have had some enjoyment on either PS3 versions, but I really doubt I would had love and play as much compare to the portable ones.

Also doesn't seem like Mirai as a whole has gotten DLC songs.

pariah164

Everyone seems to like stylus mode better. I blame Theatrhythm.
Not really.

With this and P4DAN, September is looking to be the month of the rhythm game.

atlusprime

Atlus PR
Not really.

And also Rock Band 4.

(I actually had better success in switching the buttons to D-Pad directions, but I still suck at the game so YMMV)

luminous

I suck so hard at this... mostly because I'm not used to the 3DS buttons at all, all those years of playing PjD on Sony systems only really screw you up. I had a much easier time with Touch Mode though

Can't train myself to get used to them now either cause my one time european chance is gone. See you in September

I think one thing I'm not used to is doing extra stuff, spinning the analog or pressing the d-pad just cause the buttons and the d-pad aren't along with each other like on the vita.

kinda feels like my fingers are just going all over the place at times

SephLuis

Not really.

For me, in September it will be: Taiko no Tatsujin V + Hatsune DX + IA/VT + PDAN = Rhythm madness

rpmurphy

I think one thing I'm not used to is doing extra stuff, spinning the analog or pressing the d-pad just cause the buttons and the d-pad aren't along with each other like on the vita.

kinda feels like my fingers are just going all over the place at times
It is an optional thing to rack up MP, so it's not really a biggie if you don't do it all the time.

Swamped

Banned
Hard is difficult (wow, what a way to say nothing at all in a sentence!). I was able to S rank Senbonzakura in both modes in Hard, but LOL on Hard is impossible for me in either mode lol.

Edit: As in, I can't even finish LOL on Hard.

In general, is tapping mode supposed to be easier? I'm finding it better than button mode so far.

pariah164

Hard is difficult (wow, what a way to say nothing at all in a sentence!). I was able to S rank Senbonzakura in both modes in Hard, but LOL on Hard is impossible for me in either mode lol.

Edit: As in, I can't even finish LOL on Hard.

In general, is tapping mode supposed to be easier? I'm finding it better than button mode so far.
LOL is Hard no matter what. As it is, I can't get more than a 93% on LOL Hard mode.

Quite a few people are finding the stylus controls easier, which I can understand. I'm just too used to using buttons. Diva runs on buttons, and Theatrhythm Curtain Call made a button mode, so I just run buttons all the way.

Swamped

Banned
LOL is Hard no matter what. As it is, I can't get more than a 93% on LOL Hard mode.

Quite a few people are finding the stylus controls easier, which I can understand. I'm just too used to using buttons. Diva runs on buttons, and Theatrhythm Curtain Call made a button mode, so I just run buttons all the way.

That's the thing, in Curtain Call I almost purely used buttons because stylus mode felt difficult. I expected it to be the same here, but nope!

SephLuis

I had to check LOL hard after hearing people were having trouble with it.

Gotta thank Senran Kagura Bon Appetit for training me, some parts were tricky. Played in button mode and got 96%. If someone can tell me how to get the picture from the 3ds and post it here, i will.

Articalys

Gave it a try on button mode as a veteran Diva F/2nd player. Unfortunately it's just not clicking, probably partially due to the chibi style, partially due to the less than ideal control circumstances (trying to play a button rhythm game on a hand-cramping OG 3DS, unable to change note colors/symbols to overcome color memory). Tap mode was more fun (and yes, quite a fair bit easier, even on hard), especially chaining the slide notes... but it's still not enough to overcome the rest of it. I'm glad they at least provided the demo to try out though.

Been playing the demo most of the day. I mostly play with buttons and decided to give the stylus a shot. It's a lot of fun either way.

(trying to play a button rhythm game on a hand-cramping OG 3DS, unable to change note colors/symbols to overcome color memory).

In the full version, you can change color and symbols. Like many others, I too have very strong PDF habits, so I change the symbols to be arrows for both hands when I play.

Articalys

In the full version, you can change color and symbols. Like many others, I too have very strong PDF habits, so I change the symbols to be arrows for both hands when I play.
Yeah, I saw rpmurphy's post earlier about the customization. And believe me, that's exactly what I'd do if I was able to do so in the demo. As things stand, I'm limited to the scheme they've set, which just isn't going to give me an accurate estimate of how well I can control the game in more ideal circumstances, at least not without more practice than I feel like doing for two songs.

Either way, the chibi style is still a turnoff.

kagamin

I can recommend a comfort grip if you have an OG 3DS mine is great. it adds more size though obviously so remember that in terms of portability.

kagamin

It's times like this I really hate having borderline Carpal Tunnel in both hands.

I caved and used Tap Mode.

Yeah, it's basically EasyHard Mode, but I finally got a Perfect on Hard on one of my favorite Vocaloid songs so.

Now we all have to replicate these results in the full release :p

pariah164

Now we all have to replicate these results in the full release :p
Unless it somehow saves them.

I can dream ok.

I'm also convinced once I change the button colors to the right ones (AKA the PD colors), I'll have an easier time with the button mode.

kagamin

Unless it somehow saves them.

I can dream ok.

I'm also convinced once I change the button colors to the right ones (AKA the PD colors), I'll have an easier time with the button mode.

For me, the biggest problem is rather incorporating my left hand into doing different things rather than the color of the buttons (though I will 100% be switching them to PjD colors), I can't get my mind to process the directional presses fast enough in LOL.

Top Bottom