• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Have you ever bought a game because a hot girl/guy was in it

Amalthea

Banned
Tomb-Raider-1-.jpg

Whoa baby.
166165.jpg

balohna

I don't beat it to games, but I enjoy seeing nice looking girls if they're artfully created. It was probably a motivating factor in my playing Skullgirls. Also piqued my interest in Nier Automata.

atr0cious

Bought the game before recognising that link is super attractive in BotW, especially shirtless and climbing gear with the arm bands. Just got the desert voe outfit, phew.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Nope. Never.

While I am definitely a fan of aesthetically pleasing characters, I have never been swayed to purchase a game that I otherwise wouldn't have simply for that reason.

However, I think everyone agrees that attractive characters are better than ugly characters.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
No, but if I'm playing a game where I can make my character look hot I will, MMOs for example.

anddo0

I'll watch a tv show/movie because of a hot female cast.
Purchase a game? Hell no.

I platinumed DOAX3, but that's because it's an amazing volleyball game.

You're more worried about that than the sexualization and fetishizing of underage, at times even prepubescent-looking girls? Um, k.

Well, yeah. Can you imagine sneezing without a nose? She probably struggles to breathe while eating as well, and whenever she sleeps runs the risk of asphyxiating.

Every moment of her life is a nightmare.

You're more worried about that than the sexualization and fetishizing of underage, at times even prepubescent-looking girls? Um, k.

well yeah, im not sure what age shes supposed to be? thats like a womans body with a derped out childs face, so im not entirely sure what im looking at.
its not really worth being offended by

which "prepubescent girls" are being advertised in games here?

Of course I have. Most I regretted almost immediately, some turned out to be great games. Tomb Raider was probably the first one. Dead or Alive 2 I bought soley because of the sexy ladies but really enjoyed the game. Fear Factor got pretty old real fast. Onechanbara was like one of the worst games I have ever played and I felt like a total douche for buying it about 10 minutes into playing it. Bullet Witch kept me interested for a while though and never made me feel bad. I've grown out of my teens and early twenties though so It takes a bit more for me to buy a game now than just sexy characters but an attractive lead will definitely pique my interest.

I own over 1000 games in total. I've bought games because I like the composer/OST, voice actors/actresses etc but never because a character was attractive. If you bought a game based on that alone it'd be a small miracle if you actually really enjoyed the game.

Isotropy

I got into Saint's Row IV purely because you can create your character (ie a hot one) to an insanely customisable degree.

And then subsequently lost all interest in that game they're making this gen as it's premade characters only. Pfft.

Of course I do, OP.
DoA, SFV, Overwatch (only for Widow), Age of Barbarian etc.
Games feel too stale without any sex appeal. 2B is the only reason I'll be playing Nier 2 at some point in the future.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
Nope. Never.

While I am definitely a fan of aesthetically pleasing characters, I have never been swayed to purchase a game that I otherwise wouldn't have simply for that reason.

However, I think everyone agrees that attractive characters are better than ugly characters.

But what if the characters were wearing yoga pants

Mephala

Of course I do, OP.
DoA, SFV, Overwatch (only for Widow), Age of Barbarian.
Games feel too stale without any sex appeal. 2B is the only reason I'll be playing Nier 2 at some point in the future.

I don't know. There are a lot of other ways to keep gaming fresh. So many genres, stories, gameplay mechanics, colourful personalities. Sex appeal is pretty low on my list if I feel gaming is getting stale for me.

Paracelsus

The opposite, both for men and women. I never dealt with Oblivion until they fixed the default butt-ugly characters with mods.

Not on its own, but I do think attractiveness or coolness of the playable character(s) is something that influences whether I give games a shot.

Vaguely plausible example: if Nier Automata has that dude from Scalebound as the main character instead of 2B, do I even download the demo? I suspect not.

shmoglish

Not that I know.... I own one of the Onechenbara games, but it was cheap as fuck, I like slashing Zombies and I am also interested in swimming clothes made of fruits.

Moppeh

Banned
Nope.

If I am going to buy something for eye candy, the eye candy should at least be an actual person and not a bunch of polygons.

If you didn't think She-Ra was sexy as hell when you were 6 years old, y'all don't have genitals

kfm_l-jw.jpeg

Even found time to wear eye-shadow along with battling the forces of evil lolololol

xrnzaaas

No, but there are few exceptions with games having characters looking like real actors. Like for instance Until Dawn having virtual Hayden Panettiere helped me in making a decision to buy the game. ;)

Top Bottom