• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Have you ever had a boss that behaved this way towards you?

Pagusas

Elden Member
As a manager... you make me very scared. God what if my employees are thinking how you think. Fuck

Fat4all

Banned
As a manager... you make me very scared. God what if my employees are thinking how you think. Fuck

you could manage me all night...

PeskyWhiteFurseal.gif

Do you know roughly how old she is?

If I had to guess I'd say 35.

She's looking into your eyes AFTER finishing a sentence? :O

Its a bit awkward when someone is staring at you without saying anything for seconds after they've finished a sentence. Not following up with "any questions?" or looking away, just staring silently. It's not something I am used to.
Girls avert their eyes from me when I talk to them. They look straight east or west while I'm looking north.

@OP, is she hot?

A356jiI.gif

It doesn't matter if she's hot. She's your boss. The power she has over you and the forbidden nature of the relationship make it hot.

Sounds like you either have a manager who understands what it is like to start in a new position, or you're a mere matter of weeks away from living in a pit, putting lotion on your skin.

Replicant

Don't dip your pen in the company's ink.

Although your situation reminds me of Jen Aniston's character in "Horrible Bosses".

It doesn't matter if she's hot. She's your boss. The power she has over you and the forbidden nature of the relationship make it hot.

Okay I just have to say you've been putting out some A-1 responses in this thread man lmao

Wait a minute here...

Doesn't sound like a very safe, responsible person.

(Slightly /s)

I should also probably have mentioned she has young children. She's a single mom so that's what makes it even weirder for me that she's making herself so available. Like how does she have the time?

also I kind of hoped this thread would end up being one where people talk about their experiences, but this is fine too.

FreeMufasa

Try to smash. A job is a job. A chance at smashing a boss is rare. And if you do beat, it could help your career there

Okay I just have to say you've been putting out some A-1 responses in this thread man lmao

I should also probably have mentioned she has young children. She's a single mom so that's what makes it even weirder for me that she's making herself so available. Like how does she have the time?

also I kind of hoped this thread would end up being one where people talk about their experiences, but this is fine too.

nice!

Peltz

Remember that GAF member that quit 2.5 hours into a new job because they were bored and didn't have anything to do and their computer wasn't hooked up? She's prolly trying to avoid that from members of his generation XD.

All joking aside, don't sweat it. Some supervisors are very hands on w/ the on boarding process because they want their team crafted to their specifications to make everything run smoothly downstream.

Nothing wrong. Be thankful and keep it moving.
Oh man. Never saw that thread. That's insane.

Sounds like you have a boss that might actually give a shit about your well-being and happiness at work. That's rare. Don't fuck it up by thinking it's something weirder than that.

mavo

Banned
Its a bit awkward when someone is staring at you without saying anything for seconds after they've finished a sentence. Not following up with "any questions?" or looking away, just staring silently. It's not something I am used to.

Sounds to me like she is waiting for you to say something.

Also one of the best ways to get someone to like you (not romantically, just in general) is to act like you like em.

Forkball

OP, I say this without exaggeration: she may be the Bride of Satan. Quit your job, sell your house, and find the five holy artifacts to cleanse your soul or be damned for eternity.

A helpful and accommodating manager is what should be expected and no, it doesn’t mean she wants a piece of whatever you’re hypothetically serving.

You’re overthinking it. Don’t make an advance either, for both the sake of your personal and business life.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Fucking christ on a cracker, this is part of why women are often apprehensive around men.

Ok let me try and be more helpful. Even if she was interested in you, your focus should be on doing your job and being professional. Don't obsess over this because that's how you end up saying or doing something stupid.

As a manager who tries to treat his employees with respect, I think you're overthinking it OP. And even if you're not, and she's legitimately into you... don't. Just don't. It will almost assuredly end badly

mewmew42

Be grateful you have a very supporting boss

No do not cross that line, not worth it

If you two really want to cross that line, change jobs or wait for her to move to a different company, or at minimum change departments

Having a great boss, where the two of you respect each other and admire each other is amazing, do not screw that up

hollomat

Banned
you have a good manager and you're gonna fuck it up with shit like this

This. Welcome to the world of having a manager who actually cares about their employees.

If everything was exactly the same, but your boss was a man instead of a woman would be saying this?

_Nemo

Go for it OP. She wants to fuck you so bad, it's so damn obvious. I bet she gets wet just from your shadow. You're her special snowflake. Don't fuck this up, and fuck her already.

That's a good boss, who cares about your success, or at least wants to put off the appearance of such. Do your best to succeed, and ask for her help when you need it, and you'll soon find out which of the two it is. If it's the former, do your best there for as long as it's worthwhile and enjoy the great reference. If it's the latter, keep to yourself and count on their self-interest to make you reasonably comfortable.

Top Bottom