• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Haze Demo is up on EU store !

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
just a heads up guys, finally, after all the talk of this being the 'generic' FPS lets see if this game is actually any good, post your comments guys.

Goldrusher

All stuff with price tags and file sizes for the demos...

GAME DEMOS

• Condemned 2 (714 MB)
• Haze (1557 MB)

FULL GAMES

• Blast Factor Advanced (€7,99) (£4.99)
• High Velocity Bowling (€7,99) (£4.99)
• Street Skater (€4,99) (£3.49)

GAME CONTENT

• High Velocity Bowling - Mike 'The Strike' Diaz (€0,99) (£ 0.69)

GAME VIDEOS

• Buzz! Quiz TV - Trailer
• MotorStorm - Is Back
• Siren Blood Curse - Trailer
• PlayStation Network - PlayStation Day Showcase

PSP GAME VIDEOS

• Secret Agent Clank - Trailer

rabhw

I just got a PS3 so I'm not familiar with how this works, but will the Haze demo be available any time soon on the US store? Or do these things tend to take time to propagate between regions?

lowrider007

Defcon said:
Those are from last week.

Anyone getting good speed on the Haze download? I've been at 1% for 15 minutes.

Mines slowing right down now also, @ 24% atm, perhaps I should of downloaded it first then made the thread :lol .

Goldrusher

lowrider007 said:
Mines slowing right down now also, @ 24% atm, perhaps I should of downloaded it first then made the thread :lol .
I saw your thread, went to the Store and already 71% done.

Still 2.5 MB/s.

slider

I'm at 38% - it feels so good to (maybe) be in the lead. All my life has pointed to this single point.
I'll stop being a jerk and post some opinions when it's DL'ed.

Dammit Goldrusher. :(

DireStr8s

From the description it seems co-op is enabled. I'm only @ 20% now but if anyone wants to have a go online in a bit, my psn is DireStr8s.

careksims

D/ling now but damn it's only at 14% Gotta' test this puppy out and see if it's worth getting this month.

Whoo hoo for the co-op part.

Goldrusher said:
6:50pm ... 50% installed

11:47-11:52 at 35% ;O

eh. i could make a sandwich and come back and it still won't be done.

EDIT: lol. it shot up to 58% in under 10 seconds.

EDIT: 11:54 - installed

Woot. 7 whole minutes.

h3ro

Installing :)

I was D/Ling at about 1.5MBps and I'm in NYC so I'm guessing SCEE bumped up the servers for the update to avoid getting slammed...

Goldrusher

Quite a lot of options for the controls and the audio.

Singleplayer campaign (easy, normal or hard... extra hard grayed out) and online co-op (host or join) to choose from.

stuff.

Campaign
Multiplayer
Settings
Online Stats
Leaderbards

X to select
Triangle - Friends & Invites
--in game invite you can manage friends list.

lowrider007

Goldrusher said:
Quite a lot of options for the controls and the audio.

Singleplayer campaign (easy, normal or hard... extra hard grayed out) and online co-op (host or join) to choose from.

online co-op in the demo, thats cool.

Goldrusher

Frame rate is véry good. Don't know if it's 60fps, but definitely very smooth, no frame drops, no tearing.

It's a jungle level, looks like Uncharted, but no plants move when you touch them. A little hazier / more misty too.

Enemies are regular bad guys so far, but when you take some of that nectar stuff, you gain special powers and the enemies stand out in a bright, orange color. Sort of like a thermal vision, but without affecting your view (the colors and brightness) of everything else. Only enemies turn into those bright, ghost-like things.

Controls and camera very good, feels just like TimeSplitters. But a little more fluent (last TimeSplitters I played was #2, has there been another sequel ?)

So far, so good.

Goldrusher said:
Frame rate is véry good. Don't know if it's 60fps, but definitely very smooth, no frame drops, no tearing.

It's a jungle level, looks like Uncharted, but no plants move when you touch them. A little hazier / more misty too.

Enemies are regular bad guys so far, but when you take some of that nectar stuff, you gain special powers and the enemies stand out in a bright, orange color. Sort of like a thermal vision, but without affecting your view (the colors and brightness) of everything else. Only enemies turn into those bright, ghost-like things.

Controls and camera very good, feels just like TimeSplitters. But a little more fluent (last TimeSplitters I played was #2, has there been another sequel ?)

So far, so good.

Can you jump? thats one thing that annoys me about the timeplsitters games.

Goldrusher said:
Timesplitters Future Perfect.

Dante

Goldrusher said:

So far, so good.

Sounds good, I can't wait to try when I get home

Goldrusher

You can shoot your comrades, the yellow suit then turns red and they die. :lol

Animations are nice.

And yes, you can jump, X is jump.

Top Bottom