• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Haze Demo is up on EU store !

FabCam

AgentOtaku said:
really?

source?

awesome if true...

On of the moderators on the official forum (which is now down for some reason) said that it was an old build. Seeing as the last build that was shown was at play.com LIVE, means that it's the same build that was shown at E3.

Aeon712

Last night Me, M3, Bob and Beatbox played the co op and had a blast. Though Bob got pissed when I cut his nector cord :lol

FabCam said:
On of the moderators on the official forum (which is now down for some reason) said that it was an old build. Seeing as the last build that was shown was at play.com LIVE, means that it's the same build that was shown at E3.

cool

....I really wanna pick this up to play with my brother and some friends

FiRez

Sho Nuff said:
1 2 3 I'M THE BAD MC
DELETING THIS DEMO AND GOING BACK TO UT3

ok, I'm going to buy UT3 now that you recommend it

is this game (Haze) really 576p, that maybe explain the blur

Atomspike

Just played the demo
probably the worst POS i've played since ..... forever , terrible in every way , the graphics can be done on Xbox 1 (this game is 570p ?:lol :lol :lol ,i'm shocked)
and what kind of dumbass soldiers go to fight in the jungle with big octagonal , glowing yellow thingy attached to their arm ? it's like screaming " Hey , we are here , shoot at us!" they've never heard of camo?
mediocre , banal and boring.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Atomspike said:
Just played the demo
probably the worst POS i've played since ..... forever , terrible in every way , the graphics can be done on Xbox 1 (this game is 570p ?:lol :lol :lol ,i'm shocked)
and what kind of dumbass soldiers go to fight in the jungle with big octagonal , glowing yellow thingy attached to their arm ? it's like screaming " Hey , we are here , shoot at us!" they'venever heard of camo?
mediocre , banal and boring.
I think the point of the bombastic armor has to do with the attitude of Mantel. Like, they show themselves off and build themselves up to be unstoppable. If they are unstoppable what's the point of being hidden? Its the arrogence of Mantel that you hear the devs talking about in all the videos they've made for the game.

BobsRevenge said:
I think the point of the bombastic armor has to do with the attitude of Mantel. Like, they show themselves off and build themselves up to be unstoppable. If they are unstoppable what's the point of being hidden? Its the arrogence of Mantel that you hear the devs talking about in all the videos they've made for the game.

Yep. Mantel is like the Empire. Stormtroopers don't wear white for any tactical reason. They wear white to strike fear into the enemy to let them know their coming.

Core407

Banned
Rated-Rsuperstar said:
Yep. Mantel is like the Empire. Stormtroopers don't wear white for any tactical reason. They wear white to strike fear into the enemy to let them know their coming.

Not to mention the fact that they're trying to instill a hive mentality.

McLovin

Well this game looked like ass on my tv. Fortunately the gameplay wasn't as bad as the graphics but it was still bad. Seriously why are they releasing the game like this.. whats free radical thinking?

Lykathea

Banned
The graphics look like Xbox1 (except for the excessive blur and bloom effects). The gameplay is fun enough but generic and as such really doesn't hold my interest. My friend claims that the mantel aspect of the game is meant to be a full-fledged parody on the shooter genre which is why the demo played, looked and was acted so generically. Seriously though, even despite the rebel switch in the game nothing really screamed satire or parody to me as compared to other (and more clever) tongue-in-cheek sci-fi shooters.

Pretty much the only thing I liked about it were the guns sounds and the feel of the guns before scope

Oh, they should take Hazes in game XMB and make is so whenever you press the PS button in any game, thats what pops up.

Speevy

Banned
Troidal said:
If it's 570p, would it be better if I plug it into a SDTV and play it through component cables?

Maybe an EDTV.

EDTV is the official resolution of PS3 development.

"EDTV: Because Quaz won't shut the hell up."

Slavik81

My reaction to the demo:
1081_0007.jpg

Pretty boring demo... Nothing horrible about at all, it's just thats it's just so... Meh

No desire whatsoever playing the full product. The quality of the full game does not matter much when the gunply is so boring.

/homer
Booooring!

Sean

Banned
Demo was pretty mediocre.

The dialogue was atrocious, voice acting was weak (especially the main characters grunting noise), music was an awful mix of techno and orchestrated score, textures are low-res, lighting is weak, and the game has a sort of blurry look to it on my set. I could live with most of that stuff though: the deal-breaker for me was the poor combat/gunplay. Hard to explain, but much like Turok, it just felt "off" to me. It was made even worse that there's no option to adjust aiming sensitivity which is a huge oversight IMO.

I had more fun screwing around with the AI by shooting their nectar packs and making them kill each other than I did actually playing the game. But even that got old after 2 minutes.. Won't be buying this game, probably won't even rent it now.

Tr4nce

Kind of lttp, but I downloaded this yester day and I have mixed feelings about it. I am really liking the atmosphere but I had expected for the graphics to be much better. I don't think Haze is going to live up to the initial hype from the early days. The low-res textures really threw me of and the character designs do look somewhat generic IMO. It has potential though.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Troidal said:
If it's 570p, would it be better if I plug it into a SDTV and play it through component cables?
Of course not. 576p may not seem like a large jump over 480p (if you just glance at the numbers), but it's actually a widescreen resolution. 1024x576 is much higher than 640x480 as a result.

The image quality isn't bad either. The jaggies are kept to a minimum, for the most part. The game simply has a very soft appearance (which works reasonably well with the concept, I suppose).

It's not a great looking game, as we've established, but it still looks decent.

I thought Haze was OK, I am going to buy it for the online and CoOp and if it sucks, I will be the first to say it sucks.

However, the graphics are nowhere near as bad as many of you are letting on. I thought they were good, not great, not average, not breathtaking, just good. I really wonder what type of televisions many of you are playing on cause the game looks nowhere near as blurry and nasty as many of you are claiming.

I am starting to wonder if some of the hate is coming from the other side. People just love to pile up on PS3 exclusives. The game may deserve some criticism, but IMHO some of this hate is a bit extreme towards Haze.

Top Bottom