• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HBO GO Available on PS4 Later Today

What has it not worked with in the past? Comcast has worked with me for HBO Go on my computer, 360, Apple TV, phone, etc. Did it ever not work on something?

Those are pretty much all that Comcast will allow its use on. And Samsung TVs as of the last year or so. Can't use HBOGo with a Comcast on subscription on PS3 or Roku, and I'll bet not on PS4.

Blanquito

So, now with Net Neutrality passed, I wonder if this Comcast issue is something that could be brought to the FCC. There's no way it's due to "technical limitations" or "app testing". That's a bunch of bull.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Nice.

Now if only there was a PS4 media remote... that's what I really want.

The Comcast thing will be less of an issue once HBO starts using standalone subs.
Can anyone comment on the apparently logic behind their decision? Like I don't know anything about business or streaming, but this only serves to have them lose money once the hbo-only service becomes available, right? Do they make more money when you watch TV on an Apple TV vs a PS4 somehow?

fritzo

Nice.

Now if only there was a PS4 media remote... that's what I really want.

This. i love my DS4, but not as a media remote. my tv remote does work with the PS4, but I'd rather have a PS4 remote. get on it sony.

I know no one has an answer to this, but when the HBOGO standalone happens in I'm guessing April before GOT, will it be an update to the existing HBOGO apps? Because it will suck if we have to wait again for a new app to be released.

I'd cancel HBO through Comcast and pay more for the standalone if it would let me sign in on console

This shit is ridiculous

JABEE

Comcast not being supported on PlayStation consoles and Roku is ridiculous. There has to be a way for Sony to make this work.

Wereroku

Comcast not being supported on PlayStation consoles and Roku is ridiculous. There has to be a way for Sony to make this work.

Nope Microsoft has an agreement with them. Link

Not sure what Sony can do if they keep signing exclusivity agreements with Microsoft.

The End

I know no one has an answer to this, but when the HBOGO standalone happens in I'm guessing April before GOT, will it be an update to the existing HBOGO apps? Because it will suck if we have to wait again for a new app to be released.

Supposedly it's going to be a wholly different app based on the MLB.tv app.

No one really knows yet, obviously, but it seems silly to "launch" something that people can't use yet. That being said, the turn-around for iOS/Android is going to be a lot faster than on PSN.

Derpyduck

Banned
Comcast is taking over Time Warner where I live, but Google Internet was just announced to be coming here, so hopefully that happens before I lose HBO Go due to whatever Comcast is doing. Or better yet, I hope HBO's new subscription service arrives sooner rather than later.

spyder_ur

I'd cancel HBO through Comcast and pay more for the standalone if it would let me sign in on console

This shit is ridiculous

Honestly, I think my HBO is like 8 or 9 dollars a month? I would happily pay probably $20 directly to HBO to not have to deal with Comcast's BS.

Does HBOGo work on PS3 with Comcast yet? I haven't checked in a bit.

That's what I don't really understand. They have to know which way the wind is blowing on this one. Why not bring enhanced value to your customers in an effort to keep them as customers?

Top Bottom