• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HBO GO Available on PS4 Later Today

110749-army-of-darkness-yeah-baby-gif-bhkf.gif

Vespene

RIP my Chromecast.

The stand alone HBO service coming this year is not HBO Go, but another yet to be branded service. Under contract, HBO is only allowed to used HBO Go under cable provider subscriptions. HBO is making a Netflix type of app separate to HBO Go.

kaskade

This is nice to finally see. I usually use my chrome cast but the apps sometimes can be wonky when I want to pause and stuff.

Honestly, I think my HBO is like 8 or 9 dollars a month? I would happily pay probably $20 directly to HBO to not have to deal with Comcast's BS.

Does HBOGo work on PS3 with Comcast yet? I haven't checked in a bit.

That's what I don't really understand. They have to know which way the wind is blowing on this one. Why not bring enhanced value to your customers in an effort to keep them as customers?

I think we pay $10 a month. $20 a month is ludicrous, but I would pay it if it meant no more sign-in restrictions.

Comcast still won't let you sign in on PS3

Sanador

Hopefully comcast will let me use it with the system. -_-

I sure hope so as well. I was very disappointed that my PS3 couldn't use the HBOGo app when it finally arrived. I don't understand why the Xbox 360 app was allowed, but not Playstation.

Now we just need an Xfinity app.

I use my cousin's xfinity user/pass on a laptop via HDMI on my bedroom tv but it'd be nice to use it on the PS4 also.

Nice I like to be able to decide which console I can use this service on, though to be fair I haven't even downloaded it on my Xbox One, going to see if my fiancee's family cable provider will let us have access to HBO.

Damian.

Banned
I've never used HBO GO, but have used Showtime Anytime and was disappointed with the quality. How is the quality and is there a live TV option? If not how long from airing does new content become available.

Kaiken

Banned
If it doesn't work on the PS4 with Comcast. It's time for a voice on social media. This is against net neutrality and a complaint should be filed with the FCC.

If only HBO was able to become independent of cable companies. I'm not willing to pay for 100 other channels I have no interest in whatsoever just to be able to also get HBO.

PrinceKee

If only HBO was able to become independent of cable companies. I'm not willing to pay for 100 other channels I have no interest in whatsoever just to be able to also get HBO.

Isn't HBO offering an HBO GO subscription at some point this year? I remember reading about it late last year...

HBO GO is going to be an independent streaming service, just like Netflix.

(As opposed to HBO On-Demand through Comcast with an HBO plan.)

HBO GO is a whole seperate streaming service for non HBO subscribers. (I think HBO subs get it too, but it's not Provider-exclusive like HBO On-Demand is).

Unless I misread the whole thing.

Lynn616

I have this on Xbox but I never use it. Might use it if I had my PS4 or Xbox on a TV without a cable box. Guessing that is why people are excited about this.

Fuck yeah just downloaded it. One less reason to turn on my Xbone.
I have this on Xbox but I never use it. Might use it if I had my PS4 or Xbox on a TV without a cable box. Guessing that is why people are excited about this.
Not everyone pays for On Demand through their provider.

Jonm1010

Banned
HBO GO is going to be an independent streaming service, just like Netflix.

(As opposed to HBO On-Demand through Comcast with an HBO plan.)

HBO GO is a whole seperate streaming service for non HBO subscribers. (I think HBO subs get it too, but it's not Provider-exclusive like HBO On-Demand is).

Unless I misread the whole thing.

hbogo is available solely to people with a cable subscription(or people who have access to friends or families password lol).

They are changing that soon though and good on them for it.

Hopefully comcast will let me use it with the system. -_-

Comcast always pulls that crap... they blocked it for quite some time on Roku and the XB360 and I still don't think Comcast subscribers get it on the PS3 (although I might be wrong). Comcast is one of the most anti-consumer companies in the world.

Zok310

Banned
You put that console next to anything and it just shouts "sexy"
Finally HBO Go is on the PS4, TD here I come.

HBO Go on the HBO website is the worst streaming device I have ever used. Is there any reason to think this will be better?

Top Bottom