• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HBO GO Available on PS4 Later Today

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Comcast better work with this. There are no excuses.

I hope so as well. We have it on the Apple TV in the main media, room, but I don't have it in my man cave since Comcast doesn't allow it with Roku.

HBO Go on the HBO website is the worst streaming device I have ever used. Is there any reason to think this will be better?

It works great on Apple TV. So maybe the website just sucks? I've not tried the site to compare.

733.gif
Yep, it sucks.

JB1981

Why would you need to watch HBO on your computer when you have a perfectly good cable subscription you can use?

Convenience, better use interface etc.

Also Comcast does not support HBO Go on PS3. If I had to venture a guess for why, it's likely due to some cock-block deal with MS.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Why can't Comcast users use HBO Go? Is Comcast trying to pinch your penny? :(

Comcast does allow it (if you have cable and not just internet anyway), just not on all devices. i.e. it works on Apple TV, but not Roku boxes. I think it works on 360/X1, but not PS3 as well currently. I have no idea what the reasoning is there.

Why would you need to watch HBO on your computer when you have a perfectly good cable subscription you can use?

The interface is a shit ton better for watching past shows etc. than using Comcasts shitty OnDemand service.

For stuff currently airing, sure, it's easier to just DVR it.

I recently switched to Verizon. I had issues with Comcast when it came to using HBO Go on my Roku and 360. Anyone got info on how Verizon typically handles HBO Go on devices?

CoG

Looking forward to the direct HBO subscription coming in April. HBO GO is useless to me without a cable subscription.

The interface is a shit ton better for watching past shows etc. than using Comcasts shitty OnDemand service.

If they were using that logic Comcast wouldn't let you watch LIVE cable TV on XfinityTV.com.

Convenience, better use interface etc.

Also Comcast does not support HBO Go on PS3. If I had to venture a guess for why, it's likely due to some cock-block deal with MS.

Sorry, should've mentioned I was giving the standard "Comcast answer" in my post. I had to put up with this when Time Warner blocked HBO Go and it was really annoying having to use the crappy onDemand software. The weirdest part of that was that HBO is a subsidiary of Time Warner...

There is no info button to confirm if you're running in 1080p or not as far as i can tell. On the 360 I have the ability to confirm what res is being streamed, so that's disappointing.

Oh cool, a HBOGo app, ill just download it and oh I have to activate it? Uh okay, ill just go to the website, hmm that's weird... Comcast Xfinity is nowhere to be found on this fucking thing.

Ugh..

Comcast does allow it (if you have cable and not just internet anyway), just not on all devices. i.e. it works on Apple TV, but not Roku boxes. I think it works on 360/X1, but not PS3 as well currently. I have no idea what the reasoning is there.

It works on Roku devices as of December.

Tevious

Nice.

Now if only there was a PS4 media remote... that's what I really want.

Or, I wish all these apps would take advantage of the the voice controls.

"PlayStation" > "HBO GO" > "Start" > "Game of Thrones" > "Season 5" > "Episode 1" > "Play"

Man, fuck Comcast, those anticompetitive pieces of shit. Can't wait for the day that cable television dies and ISPs are fucking regulated to hell as the utility they are.

Thanks Net Neutrality!

Top Bottom