• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HD remasters you want that haven't been released yet on current gen

gfxtwin

I have PS Now and it's garbage. Quality is all over the place and I live in a part of a suburban area that apparently doesn't have a good enough high-speed connection to use it most of the time. Streaming isn't there yet, and HD remasters are better quality anyway, so they are still important. What are some games you want on PC and/or current gen consoles from last gen or earlier? Either HD ports, versions with improved graphics and framerate, etc.

My list so far (in order of priority) is:

1. Ninja Gaiden collection: Only problem is, which games do you put on there? All three? All four? Original versions? Black? Sigma? The NES games? And the arcade versions? IMO it should be: All of the retro NG games, Ninja Gaiden Black with Sigma graphics, Ninja Gaiden 2 (original version) in 1080p and screw it, go ahead and smuggle NG3: Razor's Edge on there.

2. Shadow of The Collosus/Ico collection: How are these not on PS4 yet? Again, PS Now is garbage, so there should be a digital/physical release. 1080p and optional 60 fps if possible (the animations themselves could be at 30 fps so it might not be possible). No updated textures necessary, just get it on PS4 plz.

3. Silent Hill Collection: Hand it over to Bluepoint. Let them find a balance between the PC/HD versions of the PS2 games and the PS2 versions - fog, voice acting, ect. Include 1, 2,3,4.

4. MGS Legacy Collection: Same as the PS3 version, but all games (PS2 and later) 1080p and 60fps. Include MGS V: GZ and PP. Release digital versions both independently on PSN and as a collection. With Konami's current state of affairs, I'm not expecting this or a Silent Hill collection any time soon though.

5. Red Dead Redemption: TBH from what I've heard about the coding I'm not even sure it's technically possible, but fingers crossed.

6. Okami: From what I've heard, Capcom has insanely high resolutions of this already in the can so a 1080p version should be no prob.

7. Onimusha: And since Capcom are trying to make a comeback, why not figure out a way to release Onimusha 1-4 (or at least 1-3)? Might be tough with pre-rendered backgrounds and whatnot though.

8. Katamari Damacy - The original or as a collection. PS2 games. They don't even need to be full-on remasters, just release them like Mark of Kri, Psychonauts, etc on PSN.

9. Jet Set Radio and Jet Set Radio Future: Let's get both of them on consoles and PC A-Stat

10. Ecco The Dolphin: Defender of the Future: Highly underrated, kinda forgotten Dreamcast game. The art style and graphics still look pretty nice, it would mainly just need somewhat more detailed textures, maybe slightly more detailed models, and a longer draw distance for the Hanging Waters level. Even without these things, it would be nice just to have access to it without tracking down retro consoles.

Remakes (completely re-made with current gen graphics):

RE2

RE3

Riven (totally 3D, traversable environments instead of slideshow)

Silent Hill 2 but with the PT/Silent Hills treatment. Using Fox Engine and everything. Probably will never happen, but it would be the only "new" game I'd buy from Konami at this point.

Betty

Banned
Metal Gear

From the MSX games up to Peace Walker and everything in between. I can live without Portable Op's though.

Folklore, Resonance of Fate, Dragon's Dogma, Puppeteer and Demon's Souls.

Plus a ton of stuff from the sixth gen too. Valkyrie Profile 2, Otogi 1+2, Jet Set Radio Future, etc.

liquidtmd

Banned
Daytona USA 1&2
Sega Rally Championship
Virtua Fighter 1-5
Time Crisis 1-4 (with guncon)

Not that im an Arcade freak or anything

Trago

More Japanese stuff on the first party end at Sony.

Folklore
Puppeteer
Rain

Sony were remaster city at the start of the generation, this had me hoping that other studios would get the remastered attention, but apparently not. Don't let these games be stuck on PS3 Sony.

mrmickfran

Ninja Gaiden Black
Ninja Gaiden II
Demon's Souls
Persona 3

Kinda ot: But wasn't Okami HD not releasing on Wii U a HUGE missed opportunity? It could've the option for touch controls and would've been the definitive version.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Mass Effect Collection.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Mass Effect Trilogy Collection

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2010 Complete Edition(all cars and tracks at 1080p60fps, online play)

Persona HD Collection (featuring Persona 3 FES with actual team control like P3P and P4G)

Demon's Souls FHD remade graphical assets.

collige

Banned
Melee

PoP Sand of Time Triology (the current PC versions are kinda ass, especially WW)

Black

Ace Combat (I would love a HD trilogy of 5-0-6)

Gigarator

Shenmue 1 & 2 are the big ones, would pay anything for faithful HD versions of these.

The only other one I can think of is the Mass Effect trilogy, which would be cool I guess.

Paganmoon

demon's souls aka the GOAT

just take away the inventory limit and it's perfect

I don't get this one though, you've had Dark Souls (1, 2 and 3), and Bloodbourne. What's missing from them that people want Demon's Souls remake?

The true answer is of course Heavenly Sword (and Pop2008).

Oregano

Crystal Chronicles HD collection. All six games remastered for Switch.

Would pay obscene amounts for that.

Would also buy them all separately.

Boss Mog

Splinter Cell: Blacklist. The game is great but it didn't sell overly well because it came out a few months before the new consoles came out. I don't get why Ubisoft didn't make this happen yet.

Still holding out on Demon's Souls. Think I'm just gonna play it on PS3 soon though, it's the only one I haven't played and many say it's still the best in the series.

I would like a Burnout 3 remaster on PSN with updated graphics and online play.

I don't get this one though, you've had Dark Souls (1, 2 and 3), and Bloodbourne. What's missing from them that people want Demon's Souls remake?

The true answer is of course Heavenly Sword (and Pop2008).

valley of defilement

tower of latria

shrine of storms

boletarian palace

boss variety

yurt

maiden in black (aka GOAT gaming waifu)

mrmickfran

Well for one, it's not the same game. Just because the other From Soft games exist, that doesn't make Demon's redundant.

Dizzy-4U

- SSX 1-2-3
- Timesplitters 1-2-3
- Shadow Hearts 1-2 (3 ehhh, I won't lose sleep over it if it's not included)
- Xenosaga 1-2-3

For the most part, most of the remasters I want are from the 6th generation of gaming or on the Wii, like Super Mario Galaxy and Team ICO games

Killer7 with slightly updated graphics and higher quality sound would be really special. Motion controls would be nice too on Switch

Model 3 arcade collection of games that never got console ports like SCUD Race, Spikeout

Megaman 9 not a remaster but why hasn't capcom released this game on PC and modern consoles. I don't even want megaman 10 just 9.

On an actual remaster I can take a monkey ball remaster even though I'm not good at.

Midas

I want Skyward Sword as a HD remake for Wii U :)lol) or Switch. I played it for the first time this weekend, 7 hours in and I hate the controls so much. Please remake the game with normal controls.

Thank you Nintendo!

kromeo

My answer is Onimusha quadrilogy every time this comes up, I'm still holding off on replaying them just in case. I think it's safe to say they're not coming now though..

I'd rebuy a MGS collection in a hot minute if they tossed in AC!D 1 & 2. Thankfully that won't happen though so Konami will continue to never see a penny from me again.

Top Bottom