• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HD remasters you want that haven't been released yet on current gen

Paganmoon

valley of defilement

tower of latria

shrine of storms

boletarian palace

boss variety

yurt

maiden in black (aka GOAT gaming waifu)

So it's maps and characters/bosses? Would a DLC for current games scartch that itch?

Well for one, it's not the same game. Just because the other From Soft games exist, that doesn't make Demon's redundant.

I've always thought gameplay mechanicswise, they're the same game pretty much, never experienced much lore or anything? Only ever played 30 minutes of both Demon's Souls and Bloodbourne, so I really have the "what the hell am I doing, oh I died... again" impression of both games :)

Jammie-Jam

Unconfirmed Member
I would kill for the Mass Effect trilogy and the Resistance games. I might even be more willing to play Killzone since Shadow Fall was my first one.

Korigama

7. Onimusha: And since Capcom are trying to make a comeback, why not figure out a way to release Onimusha 1-4 (or at least 1-3)? Might be tough with pre-rendered backgrounds and whatnot though.
If anything, Dawn of Dreams would be the most reasonable request of the four, seeing as they wouldn't have to get permission to use the likenesses of any actors for it. Also, pre-rendered backgrounds are only a factor with the first two (they switched to full 3D starting with 3).
Honestly I think Capcom had a hard time releasing onimusha remaster due to the need to pay royalties to the actors (Jean Reno & Takeshi Kaneshiro)
Fixed. They would also need permission from the late Yusaku Matsuda's family in the case of Onimusha 2.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
Super Mario Galaxy 1 +2, I would play the hell out of it.

We probably won't ever get it with the way Odyssey is listed for the fall, but I really love both those games.

Powerpuff

The Legend of Zelda: Triforce of the Gods Collection on Nintendo Switch
including:
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past HD Remake
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds HD Remake

A Link Between Worlds has started to be developed as a remake of A Link to the Past for the Nintendo 3DS before it became a new adventure inside the same world. All the work done here (the engine, the assets, etc.) could be used and reworked a little to easily offer the most awesome collection with the HD remakes of the two games.

JSRF(I'd rather take a new JSR title though)
KOTOR(I'd rather have a remake or new title though)
Soul Reaver 2
NBA street Vol 2(because they refuse to make anything like it anymore)

martino

The Legend of Zelda: Triforce of the Gods Collection on Nintendo Switch
including:
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past HD Remake
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds HD Remake

A Link Between Worlds has started to be developed as a remake of A Link to the Past for the Nintendo 3DS before it became a new adventure inside the same world. All the work done here (the engine, the assets, etc.) could be used and reworked a little to easily offer the most awesome collection with the HD remakes of the two games.

maxresdefault.jpg

kromeo

Resident Evil Outbreak HD Collection.

Just add some in-game voice chat, and a few small changes and it would be magical.

I would actually give those another chance with working multiplayer, trying to play them solo with the A.I was not a pleasant experience

Bluenoser

I want Mass Effect trilogy re-released in 60fps, higher res, etc. The original trilogy is so janky, and sometimes ugly. A series that good deserves an update.

Not including ones already mentioned (MGS, Resident Evil, Silent Hill etc), I'd love remasters or remakes of FIFA Street and/or FIFA Street 2. Had hours and hours of fun with these games back in the day and would love to get the chance to play them again on current gen. Mainline FIFA games do nothing for me anymore so would love to just jump into a football game that is just pure fun.

As for other games, I'd like to see the original Fallout and Fallout 2 on modern consoles, be it a remaster or a full remake. My only worry with those would be that, if it were to ever happen (which it won't), Bethesda would be certain to switch to modern Fallout combat systems whereas those games I feel work best with the classic turn based system they have.

eso76

1. Ninja Gaiden collection: Only problem is, which games do you put on there? All three? All four? Original versions? Black?

Black.

8. Katamari Damacy - The original or as a collection. PS2 games. They don't even need to be full-on remasters, just release them like Mark of Kri, Psychonauts, etc on PSN.

Ah yeah. A collection would be great. They don't need to do much, just have the game(s) render at a native 1080p with some decent AA.
And AO could look great on those flat shaded low poly things.

10. Ecco The Dolphin: Defender of the Future: Highly underrated, kinda forgotten Dreamcast game. The art style and graphics still look pretty nice, it would mainly just need somewhat more detailed textures, maybe slightly more detailed models, and a longer draw distance for the Hanging Waters level. Even without these things, it would be nice just to have access to it without tracking down retro consoles.

Problem is, the game was considered far too cryptic and tough by many when it came out already.
Unfortunately, I don't think Ecco DOTF is a game you could feed people these days; very few would want to put up with getting stuck in chapter 2 of 20+.
Shame, because I absolutely adore this game.
The moment you reach Atlantis always gives me goosebumps.
I was just replaying it yesterday and while I would settle for a remaster, I would pay real money for a full current gen remake. Heck, I got an erection playing the underwater level in GeOW 3 thinking of what a proper new Ecco could look like..

Ni No Kuni
ME Trilogy
Castlevania SOTN
MGS4
RDR
Demon's Souls

I would like a port for PS4 of these titles:
Okami HD
The ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection

jiggawalla

Neo Member
I want Skyward Sword as a HD remake for Wii U :)lol) or Switch. I played it for the first time this weekend, 7 hours in and I hate the controls so much. Please remake the game with normal controls.

Thank you Nintendo!

This so much. I really liked the art style and direction Skyward Sword was heading but I CAN'T do the motion controls. I'm so looking forward to this coming out on the switch with pro controller support.

Ni No Kuni
ME Trilogy
Castlevania SOTN
MGS4
RDR
Demon's Souls

I would like a port for PS4 of these titles:
Okami HD
The ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection

I would like a Ni No Kuni remaster too. I didn't play it last gen and it looks like a game that'd be worth playing for the story

Paltheos

Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne. Allot of the game lives on its aesthetic. It's one of the GOAT too, so it would be neat to give more people an opportunity to play it.

Glad that it saw an SD re-release on PS3 though.

Dizzy

Banned
Ninja Gaiden (Sigma, Sigma 2, Razor's Edge too I guess, and maybe Black to appease the fanboys!)

Killzone (2,3, maybe the Vita one too since I never played it)

Timesplitters (1,2,3) or even just a mega compilation would do

KOTOR (1,2, and though it's from a different series, maybe we could sneak Jade Empire in). These games don't seem to have any kind of major graphics overhaul from what I've seen unlike say Morrowind, I'd want a full graphical upgrade to be honest like Halo anniversary or NG Sigma.)

xrnzaaas

Mass Effect Trilogy
Assassin's Creed Rogue
Gran Turismo 6
MotorStorm Apocalypse
Silent Hill Downpour
Dead Space 1&2

They're the ones I'd love to have on my PS4. :)

Ekir

NG Black

Haunting Ground

Demons Souls & Dark Souls 1

Killer 7, I want to see again that kawaii talking cercenated head

Rule of Rose (I doubt it ever happens, damned controversy)

Yoko Taro's old works (Drakengard). Uncensored if possible, please.

2. Shadow of The Collosus/Ico collection: How are these not on PS4 yet? Again, PS Now is garbage, so there should be a digital/physical release. 1080p and optional 60 fps if possible (I think the animations are at 30 fps so it might not be possible). No updated textures necessary, just get it on PS4 plz.

6. Okami: From what I've heard, Capcom has insanely high resolutions of this already in the can so a 1080p version should be no prob.

I'm so happy I didn't play the originals (well the wii version of Okami just a bit), the ps3 remasters were absolute master pieces!!!

Square Enix said it will happen if Nier 2 sells well... I just hope their idea of 'selling well' is not the same as Sega's.

Top Bottom