• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HD remasters you want that haven't been released yet on current gen

televator

6. Okami: From what I've heard, Capcom has insanely high resolutions of this already in the can so a 1080p version should be no prob.

You mean 4K? The PS3 verion is already in 1080p and that's either downsampled from 4K internal render or 4x MSAA. Either way, native 4K should be no prob. Maybe even throw in a 10-16 bit native color support.

Figments

HD Remaster:

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

Keep the quest/journal system and menu structure of the OG Xbox version, get rid of the stamina penalty for jogging, of all things, update the textures and assets, implement ESO's combat system, include built in mod functionality on consoles.

Make it Xbox exclusive on consoles just like the original release :p

That's about it, actually.

keraj37

Wasn't this connected to the multiplayer oriented Champions which they revealed at E3 2016?

Frankly speaking - don't know, but I just recall some info about Quake remaster being in development. Anyway, ID and Bethesda for sure know how much money is in this brand and if it is not yet in development, will be sooner or later.

horkrux

Demon's Souls

Ace Combat (PS2) mainly because I didn't get a chance to play these.

I guess mentioning Rogue Squadron would be pointless, since it's apparantly stuck in limbo forever and all eternity and beyond fml

May be alone in this but i want MotorStorm and MotorStorm Pacific Rift. My favorite Racing Games by far. Only reason i have a PS3 laying around still.

would also love a Mass Effect Trilogy

AtkO

1. Mass Effect
2. Fass Emect
3. Asse Fmect

No but seriously, bring Mass Effect to my PS4 already EA.

Undrey

I'm not sure if this counts but I really want the GTA Stories games to come to the PS4. It's really odd how big of a supporter Rockstar has been for PS2 on PS4 and have almost all of their PS2 games on PS4 except for those two.

SpokkX

1. Demons Souls hd

2. Metroid Prime Collection hd

3. Super Mario Galaxy Collection hd

4. Dark Souls hd (pc version with dsfix almost makes this redundant though)

All 4 are no brainers imo

televator

All doen by Blue Point, HexaDrive, or original devs (I can dream):

Panzer Dragoon Remake/Remaster collection of Panzer Dragoon 1 - Orta. PD1 & 2could use a whole graphical overhaul and emulating the originals doesn't sound very appealing. Best to just remake them IMO.

Rogue Squadron Remake/Remaster Collection of all the Factor 5 StarWars space shooting games. Including Battle for Naboo. The N64 titles could also do with better 3D assets to bring them into the present. Remake those.

Silent Hill Remake/Remaster Collection of SH1-4. The fist game has a lot of visual jank that just doesn't hold up very well in some areas. Youll enter a house and notice that furniture and appliances don't have the correct size/perspective. Remake it. If RE1 deserved REmake, then SH1 deserves similar. For the other gamesgive me Xbox's flashlight and PS2's everything else, and a lossless surround sound mix that also replicates or surpasses PS2 audio.

Metroid Prime Trilogy HD. Update some textures, bring back missing effects, make a 16:9 HUD, add surround sound... you're done

Mass Effect Trilogy. Fix the ugly textures... it may even be worth it to remake ME1 in a new engine. Hand over all the goddamn DLC.

KotOR I&II Remakes. Remake the games from the ground up while following original story and dialogue quality and plot for the first game. Make the second's story complete as it was totally unfinished when it first released and fan patches didn't fix everything. Better controls, audio, lighting... the works for both.

The few that come to mind are mostly playstation exclusives, as any others are either on PC or backwards compatible on Xbox. Could really go for a infamous, killzone, and resistance remasters.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Forget about time-consuming HD remakes and remasters, Sony and other publishers need to add more PS2 Classic rom dumps to the PS3 store before time runs out on it.

It's nuts that Koei and Natsume have thrown all kinds of catalog deep cuts on there, but bigger pubs like Capcom and Square have barely touched it. Tons of that gen's essentials are missing, nevermind some of the more obscure stuff that's hard to track down physically.

GrayDock

The PSX Warhawk with the PS3 Warhawk multiplayer.

A Vagrant Story remake.

A PSX MGS with the Fox Engine.

All for PS4 with pro support.

inFamous 1 and 2 for PS4. Would love to go back to those with a fresh coat of paint on em. Maybe some changes to the controls based on what they learned in Second Son.

Diddy Kong Racing for Nintendo Switch. I miss this game a lot. Curious to see if my memories are rose colored or if it's actually as fun as I remember.

Metzhara

Legacy of Kain: Defiance and Soul Reaver 2

Legacy%2Bof%2BKain%2BDefiance%2B5.gif

You're thinking small! Why not at the VERY LEAST The whole Soul Reaver experience! Start with the first and go from there. Defiance... oh man what an amazing ending.

To add a crazy mashup here, I'm going to add the following, completely unrelated ones as well:
Yanya Cabalista (with fingerboard)
Metropolismania
RAD
Gunvalkyrie
Sega GT (the OG... from DC... so good!)

Semajer

Nintendo's entire catalogue, Fire Emblem 9&10 in particular.
Resident Evil, 2, and 3. Definitive releases that consolidate all the content of previous versions, and update the controls to RE:DS levels. Make the quick knife an option so that it can still be accessed in the inventory.
Atlus' entire catalogue, particularly the PS2 era games.
I want to try Xenosaga, so a HD version of those games.

TFGB

I fear that my suggestion has been already mentionted, but I'll go for it anyway:

Vagrant Story

I'll also throw in the best Kart Racer ever made.... Speed Freaks (by Funcom)

Top Bottom