• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HD remasters you want that haven't been released yet on current gen

Ace Combat TRIOLOGY

252px-Ac04box.jpg
256px-Ac5box.jpg
USAbox-acz.jpg

I don't understand why this never happened.

i''m guessing bandai namco isn't really into remasters

Sulik2

The Mass Effect trilogy. Seriously, don't even bother remastering it if you don't want, I just want a complete collection with all DLC on one disc.

tsab

Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask 1080p for Switch.
Grezzo have done a very good job with the enhanced ports/ remakes, 3DS' screen resolution doesn't do it justice.

Cepheus

The original Darkstalkers never got a 'remastered' release on PSN/XBL like Darkstalkers 2 and 3 did, so I'd like to see that. Also, the first two SF3 editions before Third Strike never got one either, so I'm adding them to the list too.

Tareskog

Besides what the obvious ones already mentioned, I'd love to see a Unreal remake happen. Recently played through it again, pluss Return to Napali, and it's still one one of my all time favorite fps. Level design were amazing and the weapons as well.

Also Quake 1 and 2. With the great return of Wolfenstein and Doom I got my hopes up when a new Quake game got teased, but unfortunately I Champions seems to be a multi-player only game... As if we don't still have Quake 3...

The Legend of Zelda: Triforce of the Gods Collection on Nintendo Switch
including:
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past HD Remake
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds HD Remake

A Link Between Worlds has started to be developed as a remake of A Link to the Past for the Nintendo 3DS before it became a new adventure inside the same world. All the work done here (the engine, the assets, etc.) could be used and reworked a little to easily offer the most awesome collection with the HD remakes of the two games.

I think both of those games are just fine as is. I'd much rather get a new 2D Zelda. Playing Link Between Worlds right now and I don't think it needs a remake at all

Icolin

Banned
More Japanese stuff on the first party end at Sony.

Folklore
Puppeteer
Rain

Sony were remaster city at the start of the generation, this had me hoping that other studios would get the remastered attention, but apparently not. Don't let these games be stuck on PS3 Sony.

You forgot Tokyo Jungle and The Last Guy.

joms5

Good lord, tons.

But honestly there's only 1 that I think needs to be released so I don't have to spend the $100+ on it that it's going for right now.

Demon's Souls.

And this game has to be getting a remaster or HD treatment. The fanbase wants it. It's another exclusive that Sony can brag about. Plus it can't cost that much to clean up.

This has to be at this E3. Please Sony make it happen.

keraj37

Goat Simulator

EDIT:

Besides what the obvious ones already mentioned, I'd love to see a Unreal remake happen. Recently played through it again, pluss Return to Napali, and it's still one one of my all time favorite fps. Level design were amazing and the weapons as well.

Also Quake 1 and 2. With the great return of Wolfenstein and Doom I got my hopes up when a new Quake game got teased, but unfortunately I Champions seems to be a multi-player only game... As if we don't still have Quake 3...

Bethesda And Id Might Be Hiring For A New Quake

I'd love an inFamous collection and Ni No Kuni remastered.
I didn't particularly care for NNK, but I'd like to give it another chance before Revenant Kingdom comes out.

KiteGr

Why stop on PS2?

Xenosaga
Xenogears
Chrono Cross
Parasite Eve
Tales of Destiny
Tales of Phantasia (ps1 edition)
Tales of the Abyss
Tales of Legendia
Tales of Rebirth
Tales of Vesperia (ps3 edition)
Wild Arms 2

None of the above has seen European Shores. Nether Physical nor digital.

As for the rest...

Koudelka (the original Shadow Heart) (This one needs more than graphical improvements)
Shadow Hearts
Ninja Gaiden Sigma (only uncensored editions)
Yakuza collection (to include a remake of Yakuza 2 and the missing mini games from the rest).

Byvar

I dream of being able to play these on PS4 one day, in order of most to least anticipated:

1. Suikoden III - V (I already played Suikoden I and II, but including those would be fantastic! It's Konami though, so I doubt this will happen. Such a shame.)
  2. Xenosaga
  3. Tales of PS2 & PS3 games collection
  4. Shenmue 1+2 (which looks like it may happen based on that domain name registration last month)
  5. Skies of Arcadia
  6. Yakuza 2-5 (I don't have a PS3 and while I probably should I don't feel like buying one at the moment. I want Ishin more than any of these but I guess that will never happen now.)
  7. Okami HD (PS3->PS4 port)
Apart from these games, Sony should really port their PS1 emulator to PS4 and make the full PS1 classics library available. How are they not seeing that this would literally print money?

Powerpuff

I think both of those games are just fine as is. I'd much rather get a new 2D Zelda. Playing Link Between Worlds right now and I don't think it needs a remake at all

I agree they are fine and highly enjoyable as they are. But the remaster treatment would not be first for any enhancement but more to offer them to an even wider audience. They are classics that deserve to be played for ever. I have absolutely no doubt that A Link to the Past will be released again and again on the Virtual Console of all the future Nintendo systems. However A Link Between Worlds is tied to the Nintendo 3DS because of the dual screen feature. Today the 3DS is high but tomorrow if Nintendo never releases a dual screen console anymore such a great game might be lost without rework.

Guevara

I think Demons Souls should be a PS5 title. That would be so amazing. Maybe even a launch title.

Early PS3->PS5 would be a worthy jump, and the PS4 has a good number of Souls games already (2, 3, BB).

Yazuka

Xenosaga Trilogy HD
Shadow Hearts Covenant
Tales of Vesperia PS3
Tales of games on PS2 even those who stayed in Japan.

watershed

Banned
I wonder if Nintendo ever plans on releasing more WiiU games on the Switch.

For example, I really want to play Wind Waker HD at some point. I don't own the WiiU but I will own the Switch. I'd like to play WWHD just as it was on the WiiU, without any additional remastering or additional content. I wonder if Nintendo would ever put a WiiU game like that on the eshop without making it a deluxe addition or something, just a simple port.

superjona

Definitely TimeSplitters. I'd be open for some of the Wii-classics (Super Mario Galaxy 1&2 come to mind) to get an HD-treatment on the Switch. IR-pointer could be replaced by the touchscreen.

Chabbles

Dead Space trilogy would be nice. DS1 on PC has terrible input lag with no work around, takes the fun out of the gun play.

Magnus

Super Mario Galaxy 1, 2 and Sunshine. PLZ

Also, I'm bummed that many great hd remasters are trapped on last gen platforms (ZOE, MGS, etc), and wish they'd arrive on current gen. I know it'll never happen for Konami properties, but I'm glad Square is seeing the light.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Halo Reach
Mass Effect Trilogy
Gears of War 2- 3
Killzone 2(and 3)
Red Dead Redemption
Metroid Prime Trilogy

Top Bottom