• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HD remasters you want that haven't been released yet on current gen

Mario 64 with proper 3D controls.

Mario Sunshine. It's the only reason I might consider EVER buying a GameCube.

The GameCube version of SoulCalibur 2. Xbox and PlayStation got a SoulCalibur 2 HD, it was surprising to me the Wii U didn't.

HBx2000

Must have: BLOOD
(Would already be happy with something like Duke Nukem 3D 20th Anniversary Edition)

Everything else:

TimeSplitters Trilogy
God of War Saga (Would be happy even it was just a port like God of War 3)
Crysis Trilogy
Resistance Franchise
BLACK
James Bond Franchise
Call of Duty WO2 titles from Xbox/PS2/PSP
Medal of Honor WO2 titles from Xbox/PS2/PSP
(Would already be happy with something like Medal of Honor Frontline HD for PS3)

I know all of these are wishful thinking and probably never going to happen.
Although at the very least I think God of War Ascension would be doable.

Champions of Norrath/Return to Arms, dammit!

Probably the best Diablo clones ever, so it saddens me that they haven't gotten any love. I'd even take them as PS2 classic downloads. :(

XandBosch

Socom 2.

Sony has dropped the fuckin' ball when it comes to that franchise.

Also I'd love a Gauntlet: Dark Legacy HD remake. Don't even think about changing a thing besides just updating the graphics (and maybe fixing a few of the gameplay glitches/quirks). My brother and I still do an annual playthrough of this around Christmas. Awesome game.

flyover

Top 1 request
Xenosaga Collection

Mine too. Glad to see a lot of others feeling the same way.

My weird pick would be Gladius. From a sheer gameplay perspective, it's fantastic -- my favorite approximation of a pen-and-paper RPG system ever. But the performance (loading and occasional 30-second stalls in battle) killed it.

v1perz53

Mass Effect Trilogy. Would love to finally finish playing through these games, but current options available to me are all kind of sub optimal. I have a PC, but I much prefer the cadence of the combat with a controller and using abilities/movement versus KB/M and the hotkeys. Would also have to buy all the games and DLC on PC versus a remaster which would likely include all games and DLC. Also have the trilogy on PS3, but my god those load and save times make the game virtually unplayable to me.

Kind of sad since at a base level I really enjoy what I've played of them, and I really thought a remaster would've come early on this gen, but it never materialized.

Yeah, Shadow of the Colossus/Ico and Okami seem like no-brainers since they've already been ported to PS3.

Silent Hill 2/3 remastered properly would be lovely, but I can't see Konami ever giving us that. As far as their cheap asses are concerned, the SH HD collection sold poorly because of low interest in the franchise and for no other reason.

I want Dead Space remastered pretty badly, too.

Skies of Arcadia. And now that I'm thinking about GC Sega games, I'd throw down some cash for a Super Monkey Ball Collection.

Didn't have the problems the OP did with PS Now. It was pretty much flawless, save for some music stutters in the God of War games. I played through Shadow of the Colossus and didn't notice anything negative.

93xfan

Banned
Motorstorm Trilogy
Every Virtua Fighter
Every Ridge Racer
ICO
Shadow of the colossus with no LoD pop in
Ni No Kuni with a way to speed up combat
Mass Effect Trilogy
Killzone 2
Silent Hill 2 with better walking and running animations.

Cruxist

I only saw 3 mentions of Skies of Arcardia on the first page. For shame, guys! I'd settle for a virtual console version at this point.

Weirdly, uncensored Siren: Blood Curse. Since I dont think Project Siren will be making Gravity Rush 3 in the near future, why not release a remaster of their PS3 game on the PS4 while they work on a proper Siren for PS4 that also supports VR, akin to RE7.

Warhawk on PS4 would be pretty sweet too. Hell, make it free for PS+ users or something to get an even larger community. Resistance and the Ratchet games too wouldnt be too bad.

Selfishly, I also wish we got a Patapon qHD collection for Vita...

Edit: I forgot Motorstorm. Thankfully someone else reminded me.

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
I'd sell both of my kidneys for an Ace Combat PS2 (4,5, and Zero) HD re-release.
Also, an Ace Combat 6 PC release would be pretty cool as well.

Panzer Dragoon series. I don't care if the source code is lost. Develop the ultimate proprietary saturn emulator and sell those games back to us.

Mass Effect Trilogy
Red Dead Redemption

only two I really want at this point. Fortunately RDR1-3 is BC on xbox one so I'm gonna play that way. While ME1-3 is also BC, I want a remaster just so it includes all the DLC on disc.

Garlador

Mass Effect Trilogy
Red Dead Redemption

only two I really want at this point. Fortunately RDR1-3 is BC on xbox one so I'm gonna play that way. While ME1-3 is also BC, I want a remaster just so it includes all the DLC on disc.

That still blows my mind with ME Trilogy - the whole DLC situation.

I recently bought my best friend the trilogy and realized how there's still nearly $100 worth of story-important DLC missing. That doesn't factor in any of the cosmetics, weapons, or other minor bonuses. That's crazy.

It's major stuff too - like how Leviathan is almost essential to make sense of the main villains of the trilogy - and then there's minor stuff that's not as important but bothersome. She asked me how she can get the robot dog I had in ME3 and... you can't. It only came with the ME3 Collector's Edition and didn't get re-released. Nothing major, but KEI-9 is fun to have around and have characters comment on her presence.

Then there's all those Dr. Pepper Codes DLC items, "play the demo to unlock" armors, the whole ugly Bioware Points system on PC, and a general lack of sales on any of the items, despite their age... it's ridiculous.

Mass Effect is easily the trilogy I think deserves as "complete package" release. ALL DLC. Every mission. Every squadmate. Every outfit. Every weapon. Every map. Every pet. All of it.

The fact it doesn't exist is mind-blowing to me. There's a TON you can do to improve the older games, but the sheer lack of a "complete" version of the trilogy is the biggest sticking point.

But there's hundreds of little improvements they could make throughout the entire trilogy - from official PC controller support to improving ME1's performance across the board to fixing some of those long-standing glitches to restoring cut content due to the Xbox 360 multi-disc limitations (that's still on the discs) to fixing import bugs to improving those ugly plastic hair textures to more ambitious things like putting female Turian or Salarian models in public areas in ME1 and ME2 to giving the ME1 inventory an overhaul to modeling an actual face for Tali, etc., etc.

But - above all - the lack of any release of the trilogy with all DLC included is the most frustrating and perplexing. Doing an HD remaster would take time, but a bundle is something they could do right this very instant.

Xenosaga Collection featuring Xenosaga I, II & III. That should be a no brainer in which it should be exclusive on the Nintendo Switch, considering that Nintendo owns Monolith Soft.

Shenmue 1 & 2.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma

Onimusha

You're right OP, PS Now is a piece of steaming garbage. Could see that train wreck coming a mile away.

Would love to see a Demons Souls remaster. Other than that, not much. Most of the last gen stuff I care about should be covered by Xbone BC.

Edit: Love the idea of the Rogue Squadron series as well. Have a feeling they'll be on Switch's GC VC tho, so I doubt remasters are a possibility. Maybe a reboot of the franchise, but unsure if it'd work in today's market cost/sales wise without seriously retooling the style to the point it wouldn't be the same type of game. It could work as an XBL Arcade type of release tho... does Nintendo have an equivalent to that in their online infrastructure?

Top Bottom