• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heads Up Everyone !! Halo 3 Limited Edition Big Disc Problems !!

Station42

DoctorWho said:
The cat helmet edition is really tempting me now. I really don't want the regular edition.
115 euro here in italy...i'm gonna get it now, even if i know i'm gonna throw away some money ._.

I work at gamecrazy, we got our shipment the other day. out of all the limiteds about 20% were like this, you can hear the game moving around bad. we opened one to check and the disk was tore up.

so if you want to check, just kinda shake the case. you will hear it.

dirtyjfosho said:
I work at gamecrazy, we got our shipment the other day. out of all the limiteds about 20% were like this, you can hear the game moving around bad. we opened one to check and the disk was tore up.

20% isn't a promising stat.

oh i know. i was shocked.

what got me was the shape of some of the legendarys. one box was (came in 2's) was crushed on the one side.. we had to defect the thing out, the box was damage too bad. and some sounded like parts were loose.

dirtyjfosho said:

What if shaking the case is what causes it? THE PROBLEM COULD ESCALATE BEYOND OUR WILDEST FEARS.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
dirtyjfosho said:
oh i know. i was shocked.

what got me was the shape of some of the legendarys. one box was (came in 2's) was crushed on the one side.. we had to defect the thing out, the box was damage too bad. and some sounded like parts were loose.

They ban for imageshack frog around here. Better change your avatar, homes.

Dirtbag

disappointing.

I don't care how anyone wants to try and spin this.... paying for a special edition should be special. This is unacceptable on MS's part. That's just sloppy design. I'm switching my preorder to regular. You shouldn't pay extra to have corners cut like that. No thanks.

I'll just watch the extra content online or borrow it from someone.

TheGreatDave said:
What if shaking the case is what causes it? THE PROBLEM COULD ESCALATE BEYOND OUR WILDEST FEARS.
You don't have to shake the case. Simply tip it upside down and see if you hear anything plastic-y shift inside.

Anyways, this fucking blows.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
The capper on the Newegg fiasco will be that my CE will show up scratched to hell. I cancelled my Gamestop order today after Newegg could not cancel the order. Fuuuuuuuuuck.

Tzeentch

Wow, this is BS. Is Bungie going to be warning people about this on their website so they know to check the box right at the store?

Ramirez

Well, if you're picking it up at a store, open it before you leave, I know I will, if it's scratched they'll have to replace it.

I guess I'm in the minority here, there probably won't be anymore than 15 people at the midnight launch in my area, so I guess I might have better luck with this situation than most. :p

MrDaravon

Mojovonio said:
So what's the return policy going to be like?

In-store could be ugly. All the places that do preorders around here already have all the CE's spoken for. Does anyone have any idea if they're going to continue to ship the CE after day 1 or not?

Mojovonio

Banned
SailorDaravon said:
In-store could be ugly. All the places that do preorders around here already have all the CE's spoken for. Does anyone have any idea if they're going to continue to ship the CE after day 1 or not?

Ugh, this is going to be a clusterfuck.

Where's Peter Moore when you need him? Somebody is going to have to comfort the people that paid extra money just for nice packaging and fan service.

MrDaravon

Mojovonio said:
Ugh, this is going to be a clusterfuck.

Seriously guys, if you're picking this up at Gamestop a in-store return is NOT happening (at least not right then). If you're going somewhere at midnight that isn't doing preorders or is a big box store (like Walmart), check it RIGHT THEN, so you can swap another before they're gone. I don't think the LE is going to be rare or anything, but I would not expect to see one in most/any stores by late morning Tuesday until another shipment comes in.

Mojovonio

Banned
DenogginizerOS said:
Seriously. I can see people standing in stores complaining because they can hear the disc moving around.

You wouldn't?

I mean, we know this is a problem. But imagine being none the wiser, going home ready to play, and ooops, you can, the DVD is all fucked up.

Go to EB, Sorry no more...

DenogginizerOS said:
The capper on the Newegg fiasco will be that my CE will show up scratched to hell. I cancelled my Gamestop order today after Newegg could not cancel the order. Fuuuuuuuuuck.

same. this fucking sucks. however my payment to newegg was refunded back to my checking account in full. kinda weird.

Station42

i got it! it's a limited limited edition...i already see auctions on ebay, "Halo 3 Limited Edition VERY RARE WITH SCRATCHED DISC!"...

._________.

giga

I'm sure there'll be plenty of copies of the CE around in stores. Just get there early and make sure you get a good one.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I may now go to a big box on Tuesday, snag a CE, and then exchange the one I get from Newegg without opening it. I have feeling that any box being tumbled around on a FedEx overnight shipment is likely to be fucked.

Norse

thread title is fucked up.....seems to be a case problem and not a disc problem....I thought the disc itself had been produced with a glitch or something....this is a "your disc may be loose in case" thread, not a disc problem. Gaf continues to go into the shitter.

Dirtbag

Norse said:
thread title is fucked up.....seems to be a case problem and not a disc problem....I thought the disc itself had been produced with a glitch or something....this is a "your disc may be loose in case" thread, not a disc problem. Gaf continues to go into the shitter.

I didn't find the title paticularly misleading, I guess it could have been even more specific, But nothing to chastise someone over.

bounchfx

I'm pissed. I went from wanting legendary to limited, and now I almost want the standard. I fucking hate the way they are handling the limited in terms of casing. Ugh, you think we would get better stuff by paying more.

I'm thinking of just paying off my legendary reserve instead and selling the extra parts if I can...

I like the cases of the regular ones best, as they conform to the size and hold the discs great.

I don't give a shit about the cat helmet or rvb stuff in the legendary but the black casing looks awesome.

Norse said:

Well, the disc certainly does have a pretty big problem when the case it is in is fucked up.

:lol :lol

Norse said:

thread title is fine. quit being so anal.

I was really thinking about getting the L.E....but then I realized how it wouldn't match with any of my games, so I went with the regular version instead (thankfully).

Top Bottom