• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heads Up Everyone !! Halo 3 Limited Edition Big Disc Problems !!

DrBo42 said:
Nope. Legendary game disc comes in a tweaked regular edition case with the old school clip to hold the disc.
HAHA. YES BITCHES! LEGENDARY VERSION = DEFINITIVE!

I'm just playing with you guys, that really sucks. :(

So let me get this straight, now MS makes it so you don't have to wait to put the disc in the system to scratch it up? They're just giving it straight to you out of the box?

Marty Chinn said:
So let me get this straight, now MS makes it so you don't have twait o put the disc in the system to scratch it up? They're just giving it straight to you out of the box?

Yes, you should all be thankful.

dork

Banned
Just wanted to say that , I picked up 2 collectors tins today at work, and they both felt like the disc came loose in them. This is a horrible sign.

trilobyte

So basically, everyone going to the store this week are going to be shaking boxes making sure they get one that isn't busted. Yeah, this will be good.

shake scratch shake scratch!

trilobyte said:
So basically, everyone going to the store this week are going to be shaking boxes making sure they get one that isn't busted. Yeah, this will be good.

shake scratch shake scratch!

Oh it'll be a clusterfuck at midnight. I can only imagine the scene in Gamestop.

dork

Banned
MaizeRage25 said:
Oh it'll be a clusterfuck at midnight. I can only imagine the scene in Gamestop.

so fucking glad im not working, im going to warn my manager tomorrow, and then get my copy and run

tak

This is going to be awesome. This story is going to blow up and then we will see riots come the 25th.

Believe.

Kusagari

This is fucking retarded. I can handle this crap with games like Persona 3. But for MS to pull this shit with one of the biggest games of all time:)lol ) is ridiculous.

I ordered the $50 collectors off liongames thinking "10 bucks less than regular + an art book? I'm all over that!"

If my disc is unplayable, or worse... playable except for the end of the game, its gonna hurt, hurt real bad.

Seriously, how the fuck can something like this be missed, both bungie and microsoft should be ashamed if the problem is as extensive as it seems.

dork

Banned
those pictures of the legendary edition went down. This isnt the same packaging inside the legendary is it?

will i be able to walk into eb games at midnight and pick up a regular edition without a preorder? i'd like to avoid giving wal mart business.

dork

Banned
warbegins said:
will i be able to walk into eb games at midnight and pick up a regular edition without a preorder? i'd like to avoid giving wal mart business.
you can still pre order the regular version, you should be ok though

Kusagari

Subarushian said:
I ordered the $50 collectors off liongames thinking "10 bucks less than regular + an art book? I'm all over that!"

If my disc is unplayable, or worse... playable except for the end of the game, its gonna hurt, hurt real bad.

Seriously, how the fuck can something like this be missed, both bungie and microsoft should be ashamed if the problem is as extensive as it seems.

I did the same. I'm going to be so fucking pissed if its unplayable when I get it from liongames.

Shamrock

Banned
This could seriously mess up MS/Bungie plan to break records. There won't be enough copies for walk in's to buy if the people who pre-ordered are opening their cases, finding scratched disc's and exchanging them.

I'm sure as hell not leaving the store until I open my copy now. If it's scratched it's getting handed right back.

RumFore

Banned
Subarushian said:

Same here and because there a new small start up I'm worried I wont be able to return it if its infact fucked up. And I'm pretty damn sure it will be with these ghetto ass mail people that throw my packages to me instead of walking a few feet to give it to me.

I'm anal about shit like this. I cannot stand scratches of any kind. And its becoming fucking sad that it seems MS has to correct so much shit because they are being cheap or cut corners. Their system, their steering wheel and now the case of there biggest game so those paying $76 retail wont have a scratched up game. Unbelievable.

dakiparu

RumpledForeskin said:
Same here and because there a new small start up I'm worried I wont be able to return it if its infact fucked up. And I'm pretty damn sure it will be with these ghetto ass mail people that throw my packages to me instead of walking a few feet to give it to me.

I'm anal about shit like this. I cannot stand scratches of any kind. And its becoming fucking sad that it seems MS has to correct so much shit because they are being cheap or cut corners. Their system, their steering wheel and now the case of there biggest game so those paying $76 retail wont have a scratched up game. Unbelievable.

yeah, I wonder when MS will start doing some hardware related thing that is not faulty in some way. We have to fear even for game cases, now??!!! Bill are you still the leader of your company??? Do something, now!!! (hint: fire every m*@^er f@]king engeneer in your staff!!!)

Nizz

Wow, this is bullshit!! My bro pre-ordered a Collectors Edition for my nephew. Heads are gonna roll, man. I'm dead serious. God damn $70.00 (plus tax) and they can't get the packaging right?!

FightyF

Banned
RumpledForeskin said:

Now that I think about it...I'm amazed that the little keyboard they released actually functions.

BigFwoosh

Kusagari said:
I did the same. I'm going to be so fucking pissed if its unplayable when I get it from liongames.
Just return it to Walmart without a receipt, they'll let you swap it for a different one. Bear in mind though that Walmart only lets you do returns without a receipt 3 times within a 6 month period, I believe.

tak said:
This is going to be awesome. This story is going to blow up and then we will see riots come the 25th.

Believe.

I thought the same thing about the PS3 launch. One of my more amusing prognostications, in hindsight.

bigswords said:
It's the same as the legendary , just saw in the gametrailers.com when they opened the halo 3 box the disc sort of fell out of the groove.

that was just what they sent to the press. legendary comes with plastic cases.

bigswords

Hooterville said:
A friend just opened 3 copies of Halo 3 Limited Edition and with all three copies both disc were loose inside of the package and scratched to death.

This Limited Edition has a piss poor plastic nub and foam pad disc holding design that is a major flaw and the discs pop off with ease.

Worse then the Prey Collectors Edition!!

If mine is like this I will keep returning it until I get one that is perfect and I think this will be almost impossible.

This is what you are going to see when you open your Halo 3 Limited Edition:

Both Discs Loose and floating around inside.

I don't know about anyone else but for my $75.00 I'm not going to live with CRAP like this.

Hooterville I used your pics and info in our local gaming forum if you don't mind. Hopefully the Asian version of the game has a different packaging.

dakiparu

FightyF said:
Now that I think about it...I'm amazed that the little keyboard they released actually functions.

well, you know, things break! so after a week or two pushing those tiny buttons, one of them could crack or stop working :D (mine works well and fingers crossed seems solid enough to last for some time...)

voltron

This is just so fucking lame and didnt need to happen. It just doesnt pay to cut corners. Lucky for me I ordered 2 Legendarys. One for me and the other for $$$$(Ebay)

MCD

FightyF said:

MS are good with accessories and little gadgets (although over priced).

gotta love their old optical mouse, awesome shit.

McDragon said:
MS are good with accessories and little gadgets (although over priced).

gotta love their old optical mouse, awesome shit.

Agree im still using mine for what must be going on 5 years now, its dirty as hell but no other mouse i have bought has felt so nice to use.

makes me wish i had a legendary preorder >.<

it's too late for me to change my order being delivered to my house. man i'm super pissed.

At mignight launch here in the uk im going to open or shake my limited ed before i even leave the store if discs are lose il be getting another before i go home.

Anyone buying the LE from EB/GS should know that they won't accept the game back unless you take it home and find it to be nonfunctional. At least, in my experience.

kuYuri

Shit.

Add me to the list of people who preordered the LE. Not to mention it's getting shipped rather than picking it up in person. =(

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
wtf

people make it seem like its the end of the fucking world. My collectors edition cam perfectly fine. gez!

Top Bottom