• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's possible that they will introduce a new type of dust you get from disenchanting cards from an expansion, and make it impossible to use the current dust to forge cards from an expansion. Each expansion would have its own dust. If they do that, with the current gold cap, there would definitely not be a way to acquire a whole collection on release day, barring spending tons of RL money.

scy

dude, that is a lot of dust. I mean a LOT of dust. Like talking laws of averages, around 500-900 boosters worth of dust. Obviously a few people will hit those levels, but not many. And if I'm wrong about that, I would expect a future set of patch notes to include the item "we've implemented a 10,000 dust cap. if you currently have dust above this cap...."

Maybe we're looking at different time frames but I'm not expecting an expansion until maybe even Summer 2014 and even that seems too early. That's something like ~300 dust a day between now and then.

JesseZao

If they do go with the new dust for expansions the question of mean will be how much old dust does it take to make the new dust. Hopefully not more than 2 or 3.

Tutorial > Play AI until level 10 > try other classes for a few matches > read links in OP & possibly on Blizzard's [URL="http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/13245826/" said:
new players forum[/URL]. Post here whenever you have questions and someone will probably answer them.

This is what I am doing :)

Having fun so far, hard time to choose a class I want to focus on though. Time will tell. Thanks

Haunted

This is what I am doing :)

Having fun so far, hard time to choose a class I want to focus on though. Time will tell. Thanks
I think picking a class comes naturally after you've found a playstyle you like (rush, burn, control), but that's something you'll only know after playing a bunch with all the classes. :D

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Maybe we're looking at different time frames but I'm not expecting an expansion until maybe even Summer 2014 and even that seems too early. That's something like ~300 dust a day between now and then.

Summer 2014 sounds about right. I don't even disagree with that (I was thinking Jun-Aug).

300 dust/day seems extreme. I would guess you are talking at significantly less than 1% of the player base accumulating it that fast. There will always be outliers. Like we were saying.. Guys who end up with 80%+ of the expansion on day one.

Copenap

It's possible that they will introduce a new type of dust you get from disenchanting cards from an expansion, and make it impossible to use the current dust to forge cards from an expansion. Each expansion would have its own dust. If they do that, with the current gold cap, there would definitely not be a way to acquire a whole collection on release day, barring spending tons of RL money.
I thought about that as well but this would lead to people with a complete collection to be sitting on comoletely useless dust and I don't think Blizz will do this. If there's separate dust (absolutely possible) maybe you could at least transform one dust into the other, obviously at a significant loss of amount of dust.

borghe

I thought about that as well but this would lead to people with a complete collection to be sitting on comoletely useless dust and I don't think Blizz will do this. If there's separate dust (absolutely possible) maybe you could at least transform one dust into the other, obviously at a significant loss of amount of dust.

if (and IMHO it's a big if) they do implement expansion specific dusts, they have no choice but to allow us to trade up for exactly that reason. Even though I think 300 dust per day is pretty extreme, I don't for a second doubt that a massive chunk of players will go into a new expansion with thousands of dust each. If that dust were then unusable.. oh man... worst PR move EVER.

JesseZao

There shouldn't even be a full-screen mode for the game. Fullscreen borderless at most. The ability to multitask while playing is what makes the gametime great.

scy

Summer 2014 sounds about right. I don't even disagree with that (I was thinking Jun-Aug).

300 dust/day seems extreme. I would guess you are talking at significantly less than 1% of the player base accumulating it that fast. There will always be outliers. Like we were saying.. Guys who end up with 80%+ of the expansion on day one.

I mean, I never said it was a lot of people. I was talking about the people at the gold cap from constant Arena runs. We'll have basically everything so the gold cap by itself doesn't stop the ability to just start with the full set.

ShinNL

Damn, I just went from 20 to 11 in a few moments. I might have made the most awesome deck to counter the current meta.

Feel free to try it.

afofMxX.jpg

Violet_0

Banned
they need to hurry up with the new cards already. the game is already getting a little stale at this point. Seems like the beta lasted forever

JesseZao

they need to hurry up with the new cards already. the game is already getting a little stale at this point. Seems like the beta lasted forever

The speculation is that the first adventure mode will be released alongside the iPad client. If the datamining info is correct, we'll get it in April.

borghe

I mean, I never said it was a lot of people. I was talking about the people at the gold cap from constant Arena runs. We'll have basically everything so the gold cap by itself doesn't stop the ability to just start with the full set.

near full set. but yes, you are absolutely right. and honestly if anything I'm guessing blizz loves people like that. what they lose in actual dollar revenue from those players they almost certainly more than make up for in free advertising/exposure from those exceptional (heh) few streaming and the viewers they bring.

Aylinato

Hearthstone is fun to watch

I think I'm going to switch from Druid to either shaman, rogue, or warrior. Those three are a lot of fun and match how I like smashing faces better

scy

How am I supposed to target that.

Carefully.

It's actually not all that hard. Like, there's feedback for when you have it targeted so it's not all that risky trying to target it.

Edit: Still shouldn't be happening >>

inky

Carefully.

It's actually not all that hard. Like, there's feedback for when you have it targeted so it's not all that risky trying to target it.

I tried, but the cursor kept going back into my hand. I guess I didn't do it with much patience.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Damn it... I cant get this game to work at all.... And i really want to try it.... DAMN YOU BLIZZARDDDD! ANSWER MAH SUPPORT TICKETS! lol

Violet_0

Banned
Hey guys, what's the better pick here:

you need frostbolts, arcane missiles and mirror images to get the best value out of Antonidas, though I think I'd still go with him over Alexstraza here. At worst he's still a slightly more expensive, slightly weaker Boulderfist Ogre with double taunt

Fuck reynad so much for making another babby deck popular, Jesus
By "babby" do you mean a cheap rush down deck? Because a competitive card game needs some competitive decks to be cheap to make for the health of the game. Usually they're aggro (see red deck wins/goblins in Magic the Gathering) (unlike control which usually requires multiple legendaries)

scy

I tried, but the cursor kept going back into my hand. I guess I didn't do it with much patience.

:( Last few times I had it it wasn't too troublesome to target. Certainly sill an issue that needs resolving, though.

By "babby" do you mean a cheap rush down deck? Because a competitive card game needs some competitive decks to be cheap to make for the health of the game. Usually they're aggro (see red deck wins/goblins in Magic the Gathering) (unlike control which usually requires multiple legendaries)

People just have a real hate for aggro decks in general. I dunno, I think they're harder to pilot at high ranks than people give them credit for. Like, most the field has anti-aggro plans and pulling wins out against that consistently isn't just "lol drew better."

Hey guys, what's the better pick here:

Alex; Pagle is a bit extra vulnerable in Arena and Antonidas isn't that great with the deck. Kind of curious what the Mirror Entity, Ice Barrier, and Arcane Golems were over, though. They're all pretty awful picks even if the secrets were picked up for the first Antonidas.

JesseZao

It can potentially be an international tournament now, right?

If everyone wants to grind out cards for every participating region it could be. :/

They only made it so you don't have to have a separate account for each region now. They're still separate in terms of card unlocks.

Mugaaz

I see them going at around 2-3 adventures per quarter, and an expansion every ~3-4 quarters. So if they get an expansion early 2015, it's possible they'd get another late 2015. Otherwise I doubt we'll see more than 1 a year (like if the 1st expansion makes it out Q3-Q4 this year, I definitely don't expect to see 2 expansions hit next year).

I'm not trying to exaggerate, but this won't work at all. CCG cannot sustain tournament scenes for that long, especially an always online one with tournaments going 24/7. MTG sets don't even keep the scene alive for 3 months, let alone 6-9+. If Blizzard thinks this will work they are wrong, it will not. After the long period of discovery and first time playing enjoyment, people will stop playing entirely 1-2 months after a set is released.

borghe

If everyone wants to grind out cards for every participating region it could be. :/

They only made it so you don't have to have a separate account for each region now. They're still separate in terms of card unlocks.

edit - my bad... yikes. that is brutal. I am guessing it has to do with accounting more than anything. i.e. USD spent on boosters not translating into "free" EUR of boosters. eh...

Beant

I just played my very first game against a real human and won in an epic epic game! We both drew all of our cards. I was a shaman he was a mage. I had a kill setup but his frost novas and cone of colds etc delayed everything until we both ran out of cards. What a rush!

ViviOggi

People just have a real hate for aggro decks in general. I dunno, I think they're harder to pilot at high ranks than people give them credit for. Like, most the field has anti-aggro plans and pulling wins out against that consistently isn't just "lol drew better."

I'm just salty because I have to modify my deck

Lyng

Miracle rogue is so annoying when your on the receiving end. Looks like a fun deck to play though. Shame I dont have Leeroy and Van Cleef

mackattk

Might be a stupid question, and I have looked at some places but didn't really find an answer. Is there a point of having two of the same card? It looks like in custom decks if you only have one of a card you can play it twice. What is the point of having two of them? Should I just DE the second one for the dust?

Just starting out and trying to get a hang of things.

Minsc

Gold Member
Gravity fixed!

Nozdormu v2.0: Set game's gravity to -5.

Might be a stupid question, and I have looked at some places but didn't really find an answer. Is there a point of having two of the same card? It looks like in custom decks if you only have one of a card you can play it twice. What is the point of having two of them? Should I just DE the second one for the dust?

Just starting out and trying to get a hang of things.

If you have 1 of a card, you have a 1:30 chance to draw it per card you draw, if you have 2 of them, you have a 1:15 chance (plus you have a chance to get the second copy eventually). You are not drawing a card twice you have one of, that is something you're looking at incorrectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom