• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minsc

Gold Member
This may be a silly question but how do i switch from US servers to Euro? I remember reading that this release would let you do that without making another account

I believe you won't be able to do this until Europe is patched, as your game build is not the same until then.

I'd still say -2x Amani Berserkers for Faerie Dragons, -2 Ironforge Riflemen for +1 Frothing, +1 Leper Gnome, and probably -2x Executes for Argent Commanders. It's still looking too much like a mix between deck types and you'd be better off trying to narrow the deck down to just the one archetype.

yeah, frothing berserker (and preferably a way to damage him before attacking) is mandatory in any warrior deck. It is very common for me to have laid him on turn 3, and have him attack turn 4 at 12+ damage especially against early rushes.

Thanks, made the changes you recommended (other than the Argent Commanders - I find that the Executes work well given the amount of smaller creatures in that deck; rather than throwing a load of them into a meat grinder I can just sacrifice one then get rid of a pesky taunt, or whatever) and the deck is working a hell of a lot better.

Something about ranked play that does something screwy with my mind... My deck is solid, and I'm getting great results. Up to rank 14 after only a couple days of play... but I'm starting to get a little paralyzed. I'm even on a win streak right now, but I find myself hesitating from playing further because of down ranks.

I do the same things with arena runs that are going well, I tend to put them on the back burner and then come back and basically tank because I've forgotten the deck in the ensuing break of a day or two.

Bad habit, hard to break.

ShinNL

I can't believe this. About 12 hours ago I've gotten my Golden Hogger, after a long period of absolute crap (millhouse, 2nd cairne, millhouse). And now I just got this:

hE5KCXh.jpg

The game has stopped screwing me over since the patch :O

Edit: oh gawd... I'm spamming so many legendaries, I feel bad for my opponents :O

scy

Something about ranked play that does something screwy with my mind... My deck is solid, and I'm getting great results. Up to rank 14 after only a couple days of play... but I'm starting to get a little paralyzed. I'm even on a win streak right now, but I find myself hesitating from playing further because of down ranks.

I do the same things with arena runs that are going well, I tend to put them on the back burner and then come back and basically tank because I've forgotten the deck in the ensuing break of a day or two.

Bad habit, hard to break.

Wish I had some advice for that. I still have trouble doing non-stop runs (both Constructed and Arena). I dunno. Doing runs with friends helped at least alleviate some of the self-blame that cause it.

Probably just going to force it at some point :x

MisterArrogant

Neo Member
Aye, this is kind of what I mean. For me the a card game is fun because of the building process. I personally don't just want to win, I like to win with something I can call my own. In this case, my deck. I too have noticed some people prefer referring to top tournaments decks and make suggestions to make a personal deck look more like a tournament winning deck. Sure it might win more games...

But I just got a turn 3 Malygos out. :D

I really like building decks too but I think I've come to the conclusion I must suck at it. I've spent a ton of money on cards just so I'll have a bigger pool to draw from. Yet, I've progressed much further in ranked play from just using a net deck where the most expensive cards were rares. I feel stupid for all the money and dust I've spent on "better" cards. Definitely tired of seeing all the same cards come into play from everybody though.

Tarazet

Today was rough as hell, but I did get one amazing win with my Warrior.

Druid Innervates into Alarm-o-Bot, emotes "Well Played." I pull out a Fiery War Axe and kill it. I was feeling charitable and didn't rub it in.

Fast forward a few turns. I have an Azure Drake and a Cruel Taskmaster out (which I had used to remove a minion). Turn 6, he coins and Innervates into Ysera. I use Faceless Manipulator to copy her.

Next turn, he uses Ysera to kill my drake and plays Sylvanas. I play a Frothing Berserker, pull an Arcanite Reaper, use Inner Rage on my Cruel Taskmaster and remove his Ysera, then play Ysera's Dream on Sylvanas to return her to the druid's hand.

He plays a tree. I use Grommash plus the card that gives it +5/+5, then kills it next turn, and run him into the tree.

Next turn, he plays Sylvanas again with some other minion. I equip Gorehowl, use my second Inner Rage on Ysera, and finish him off with the card that does 5 damage to everything but Ysera. Well played.

Shame the other games didn't end that well for me. Mostly my Control Warrior deck gets to end-game missing a few hit points, and then everything is too big for the situation. Ragnaros has pretty low value against a field full of shitty little minions, and Cairne isn't quite good enough to turn the game on its ear.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Lol, what's the point of this reconnecting "feature" if I'm still automatically losing?

CGwizz

lol got a bug that allowed me to change the quest everytime, after 5 minutes trying to get all 3 to be 100 points quest i gave up got only one xD
my first level 100 quest was because of a bug xD

I can craft a legendary but I'm not sure which. Torn between Rag and Bloodhoof.

I think I might wait a bit, see what decks come up after a week, and go from there.

Or maybe I'll just say screw it all and make a Leeroy, hah.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
I just installed the game and its not working right.... I click play and then the game loads but the screen doesn't change from my desktop. The mouse cursor is the hand from the game and I can mouse over stuff to hear the menu clicks and menu music in the background. I've re-installed, repaired, tried a different install path. Nothing.... I have windows 8 64 bit and the client says 32 bit, would that be the reason why its not working?

Neki

Rag is automatically the choice because every time you summon him, it brings a smile to my face because it reminds me of how he is summoned in molten core. so badass

oh the memories.

DodgerSan

I just installed the game and its not working right.... I click play and then the game loads but the screen doesn't change from my desktop. The mouse cursor is the hand from the game and I can mouse over stuff to hear the menu clicks and menu music in the background. I've re-installed, repaired, tried a different install path. Nothing.... I have windows 8 64 bit and the client says 32 bit, would that be the reason why its not working?

I'm stuck at the same point, but on a Mac. The PC client is working fine on another machine.

Minsc

Gold Member
All regions have been patched, but you still can't select other regions. Sigh.

Edit: oh, looks like it will be available "very very soon":

https://twitter.com/cataclyst78/status/443928018088513536

Hopefully people realize your card collection is locked to specific regions still! You start from square 1 when you flip between regions again, and any cards you earn in the second region don't show up when you return to the first.

Xater

Hopefully people realize your card collection is locked to specific regions still! You start from square 1 when you flip between regions again, and any cards you earn in the second region don't show up when you return to the first.

I really don't understand this decision by Blizzard. It's not like latency is an issue with this kind of game. This way I will most likely never play with some people here, because I am not going to start over with my collection.

Brakara

I really don't understand this decision by Blizzard. It's not like latency is an issue with this kind of game. This way I will most likely never play with some people here, because I am not going to start over with my collection.

While I don't understand why there are server regions either, it still can be worthwhile to have two accounts. You get to play more free arenas, and if you already have a paid account, it's interesting to have a complete f2p account as well. And, because of the server regions, you do get to play people you otherwise can't.

ViviOggi

Have 4 Fire Elementals - draw all of them within three turns against a Fuckerdin with perfect curve

I thought Fire Eles made you win

Minsc

Gold Member
Since it doesn't (from how it was worded in patch notes) pause the game it's close to useless. Guess they were really afraid of abuse.

Best solution really. No need to pause when the game's timers are already complained about being too long. I think it's mainly for people who have spotty connections that come and go once and while. Those people could lose the internet for ~2 seconds, and easily reconnect in under 20 instead of losing the game like what used to happen. Not an uncommon approach really.

Interfectum

Totally getting an ipad for this game. I've been on the fence for awhile about getting a tablet, this is finally the killer app I've been waiting for.

Just started playing this game to get the WoW mount, and damn this is so fun. It will be so good when it comes to ipad, perfect game for my 30min x2 bustrip to work every day.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
So after spending waaaaayyy too much money on this game my breakdown comes out to this

Common = 40 dust = 10¢
Golden Common = 100 dust = $2.50
Rare = 100 dust = $2.50
Golden rare = 400 dust = $10
Epic = 400 dust = $10
Golden epic = 1600 = $40
Legendary = 1600 = $40
Golden legendary = 3200 dust = $80

For quite a few $50 bundles now I've gotten almost entirely duplicates resulting in about 2000 dust per bundle give or take.

Xater

While I don't understand why there are server regions either, it still can be worthwhile to have two accounts. You get to play more free arenas, and if you already have a paid account, it's interesting to have a complete f2p account as well. And, because of the server regions, you do get to play people you otherwise can't.

Even if I don#t have any dailies I still just play for the 10 gold. I don't mind. I really would hate to start over again. Getting your heroes up to lvl 10 alone is a pain.

So after spending waaaaayyy too much money on this game my breakdown comes out to this

Common = 40 dust = 10¢
Golden Common = 100 dust = $2.50
Rare = 100 dust = $2.50
Golden rare = 400 dust = $10
Epic = 400 dust = $10
Golden epic = 1600 = $40
Legendary = 1600 = $40
Golden legendary = 3200 dust = $80

For quite a few $50 bundles now I've gotten almost entirely duplicates resulting in about 2000 dust per bundle give or take.

Considering the relatively small card pool at some point spending more money on it seems foolish. Sure you definitely can get more than enough dust to get what you need eventually but it seems like a waste. I still want a couple of legendaries and epics but I don't see myself putting any more money into it because the chances to get what you want are just so small.

TheContact

This is going to make such a great ios/android app, right now I'm just using splashtop to play remotely but the controls aren't 100%

Miletius

Totally getting an ipad for this game. I've been on the fence for awhile about getting a tablet, this is finally the killer app I've been waiting for.

I know that feeling. I'm itching to upgrade my tablet, and the Ipad really is a top contender given how smooth the transition looks to be in the game.

mackattk

How do they handle the mouse hover effect on touch screen?

I would think you would just tap it to bring it up, then you can tap it again to put it back in your deck. To play the card, tap and drag to the board.

When this comes to android, I have a feeling I am going to be playing it quite a bit on my Note 3.

JesseZao

This is going to make such a great ios/android app, right now I'm just using splashtop to play remotely but the controls aren't 100%

If you're using a tablet, the normal touch mode works fine for me, but anything around phone size has to use the trackpad mode to be accurate.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Considering the relatively small card pool at some point spending more money on it seems foolish. Sure you definitely can get more than enough dust to get what you need eventually but it seems like a waste. I still want a couple of legendaries and epics but I don't see myself putting any more money into it because the chances to get what you want are just so small.

what you are saying here is PRECISELY where this formula(-ish) came from. The fewer cards you have, the more value (per the above formula) you will get from the packs.. I've had a pack from a $50 bundle that was en epic, golden epic, and legendary. also a pack that was a golden legendary an epic and a rare.

there are two limiting factors at work (relating to what you are saying). First is the fewer the cards you have, the more "valuable" the packs you open will be. Obviously 2 epics you NEED coming in a pack is a better value for that pack than a legendary you already have or don't want, and then like a rare and 3 commons.

The second limiting factor is that when you get that duplicate, no matter how desirable to other players it may be, you are still only going to get 25% of its value (or 50% for golden epics and legendaries). So in a game like MTG, you get a desired card "worth" $50, you can sell it for around $50 on the open market. In HS, you get say a duplicate ragnaros, which could possibly fetch ~$40 on the open market, you are left with only being able to sell it back to the store for $10.

I would love to see blizz eventually implement a player to player sales system. I mean they already have your Battle.net balance in place, and essentially had play to player sales in Diablo3. I DO THINK that the DE/dust mechanic was the right way to launch... unquestionably. And to keep it there so you never run into "what am I going to friggin do with these 40 wisps......?" It's a safety net that's effectively 25% of the card value (12.5% for commons, 20% for rares). However player to player sales will ultimately just make the game better. Pay $30-40 for Ragnaros? Or spend $50 on a 40 pack of boosters where the end result is likely enough dust to buy Rag if you don't already get him.

Xater

I would love to see blizz eventually implement a player to player sales system. I mean they already have your Battle.net balance in place, and essentially had play to player sales in Diablo3. I DO THINK that the DE/dust mechanic was the right way to launch... unquestionably. And to keep it there so you never run into "what am I going to friggin do with these 40 wisps......?" It's a safety net that's effectively 25% of the card value (12.5% for commons, 20% for rares). However player to player sales will ultimately just make the game better. Pay $30-40 for Ragnaros? Or spend $50 on a 40 pack of boosters where the end result is likely enough dust to buy Rag if you don't already get him.

I am not sure if I would want a market. Just trading would probably be enough for me.

Finally snagged my first 12 win run in arena, coming back from 3-2. No idea how I did it really, didn't think my deck was any good.

Everything at or below 4 cost except my archmage. Had 2 lightning storms, 2 hexes and an axe. Good OK value out of my Unbound Elemental, and a few insane value trades with an injured blademaster with ancestral spirit. Think a couple of opponents didn't realize he'd be back as a 4/7 and traded badly with him.

Sitting nicely at around 1000g and feel like 5 wins is pretty much the norm for me now. Still got crap luck on legendaries though....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom