• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcl66

Soon! Probably before the end of april, could be this month. There's a press event about it this thursday so we'll know more then ;)

Where did you hear about a press event? Is it for the iPad version or the game in general? iTunes new game releases are usually Thursdays maybe it will come out his week. The real release was faster then I expected out of beta.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Completing one ranked game and seeing 499 to go is a little...deflating.

awwww yeah

4aTpn1Q.jpg

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/13154922/ride-into-action-on-your-hearthsteed-3-11-2014
^

Tarazet

I dusted Nat and have no legendaries now. Which one should I get?

Leeroy, Cairne, Ysera, Ragnaros are all really good depending on what you're after. Leeroy fills a big fat hole in the aggro deck curve, Cairne is a monster who can give great value, Ysera gives you awesome themed cards, Ragnaros is a great finisher for a control deck.

Could also do the class legendary for the class of your choice. Most of them are really solid.

llamarawk

so the shops been down for awhile. Sucks for them on launch like this but this feels like a soft launch if ive ever seen one. I like the touchups, though.

Thanks for the answers dudes, but I don't really see how it relates to HearthStone. I mean it looks awesome, but it should be a flying stone, card, innkeeper, or board.

Still cool though.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
"Release patch"

Wat? So it's out on iPad and iPhone soon?

edit: any ranked play rewards yet?

bunbun777

So I can't alt tab out anymore? LAME. Guess I will try this supposedly superior windowed mode I've heard so much about. =/

Just got 2 Sylvanus' in my arena draft. Dayummmmm....

Neki

why is no one talking about the patch notes?

water elemental freezing armored heroes

secrets only activating on an enemy turn

defender of argus correctly buffs two characters!

Zukuu

Banned
just read the patch notes. That's 2 free different Legendaries for me. yay. Will replace Tink with another Siphon Soul prolly. Nat was just a bonus anyway.

StMeph

DEed Tink. Sat on an extra Pagle expecting nerfs, so I'll be keeping one and dusting the other. 3200 dust. Not sure what to fill out. Either Druid with Cenarius and a couple of the Keepers I'm missing, or Shaman with Al'Akir.

Blizzard does it really fair. I've seen f2ps like blacklight retribution never give a single refund for anything that is nerfed or changed. They basically overhauled their entire armor/gear system half way through open beta and did not offer refunds. And they too had shop open for real cash purchases. I didn't feel bad for them either since earning gear in that game is pretty effortless but also because it was beta still.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Only affects Redemption so far.

I think the reasoning behind it is fair.

The new Raganros looks sweet, when he bursts in from under the table. Game is cheaper now as well, with two essential legendaries knocked off. It's just Leeroy, Cairne and Ragnaros right now. Special mentions to Bloodmage, Ysera and The Black Knight.

Haly

Bug found: You can reset a quest as many times as you want.

Thank me later.

EDIT: I guess it doesn't work for everyone. Worked for me though, and I only had one active quest so that might be it.

Ronabo

Thoughts on the patch.

Pagle is pretty much useless now. Every game I played him, even coined in my opponent had an answer. Same for myself. Out of 20 games he appeard I got 3 cards. Opponents maybe got 4.

Don't have a Tink so I don't have to cry myself to sleep over his nerf.

The added effect and sounds I've seen are great. Shaman summoning a totem is great. Amazed they added so much.

The same old bugs are there still. Floating cards, face down card on the field. Come on Blizzard fix your shit!

So I will dust Pagle. What should I get? My only other Legendary is Sylvannas.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Just started playing last sunday so I'm discovering stuff left and right but I can already see me getting hook on this. Especially when the android client will be released.

Meanwhile, I'm starting to level up my second class, the Thief because those combo cards I got in my last booster seemed nifty.

Next time I have some gold, I'm going give the arena a try I can see not being miserable in this with my old Magic experience and reading up a bit on the environnement.

Has Blizzard communicated on how new sets of cards are going to be rolled out? How often/how much/are there going to be different environnement separating the different pools of cards?

Fletcher

I hope that iPad app is released sooner rather than later. I'm laying in bed and want nothing more than to be playing hearthstone.

Haly

Jesus ever-loving Christ.

WoW players trying out Hearthstone for the mount.
Hearthstone players going back to WoW to check out the mount.

WELL PLAYED BLIZZARD.
Well fucking played.

scy

Only affects Redemption so far.

I think the reasoning behind it is fair.

Misdirection can no longer cause weird situations in the mirror match. Ice Block will not trigger against Explosive Trap / Misdirection, either (or save them from, say, Leper Gnome or Abom deaths).

Haly

Misdirection can no longer cause weird situations in the mirror match. Ice Block will not trigger against Explosive Trap / Misdirection, either (or save them from, say, Leper Gnome or Abom deaths).

Fuck Ice Block anyway.

Ken

DEed Tink. Sat on an extra Pagle expecting nerfs, so I'll be keeping one and dusting the other. 3200 dust. Not sure what to fill out. Either Druid with Cenarius and a couple of the Keepers I'm missing, or Shaman with Al'Akir.

al'akir the winlord cause he's way cooler than cenarius

drgambit

Banned
The secret triggering change is probably the one that surprises me the most. Paladins playing Redemption will need to think twice before crashing a harvest golem, etc. from now on...

Neki

everyone playing blood knights now, ugh, I might just remove the stupid argent squires / scarlet crusaders from reynad's zoo deck. Or maybe I should just run my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom