• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Phol

Haven't played in quite awhile so just wondering if Priests are still crazy annoying to go up against, or have the tables turned?

Neki

Haven't played in quite awhile so just wondering if Priests are still crazy annoying to go up against, or have the tables turned?

playing control against a priest is nightmare, aggro usually runs all over priest unless priests get some holy nova / circle of healing combos off.

Lord Phol

Hmm, I see. Well I guess you can't beat them all. I think I'm going to start out with a beast focused Hunter deck, it was my favorite in the beta and I loved the synergies between the cards. Druids are also pretty fun.

ShinNL

everyone playing blood knights now, ugh, I might just remove the stupid argent squires / scarlet crusaders from reynad's zoo deck. Or maybe I should just run my own.
Well it's kind of an obvious counter. If you play the deck card for card (shame on you), then there's no silence and the deck is designed for board control. Every time I face someone who plays the deck and can't handle my threats, I suddenly see them change from board control to straight-to-the-face. In my mind I'm like "That's not how you're supposed to play that deck" and those are the best times to play my taunts or taunt givers.

Wild Pyromancer and Bloodknight are the two strongest counters against that deck I think. Deals with a lot of the meat of the deck (Argent Squire, Harvest Golem, Scarlet Crusader).

bjaelke

"Pandaria Participating in Ranked Season 1"

I only have the default card backs, why?

5CNESP9.png

Neki

Well it's kind of an obvious counter. If you play the deck card for card (shame on you), then there's no silence and the deck is designed for board control. Every time I face someone who plays the deck and can't handle my threats, I suddenly see them change from board control to straight-to-the-face. In my mind I'm like "That's not how you're supposed to play that deck" and those are the best times to play my taunts or taunt givers.

Wild Pyromancer and Bloodknight are the two strongest counters against that deck I think. Deals with a lot of the meat of the deal (Argent Squire, Harvest Golem, Scarlet Crusader).

well I'm considering running two owls now, but I'm not sure what I would drop yet. Maybe argent squires.

CoolOff

Just pulled off Malygos -> Faceless + Swipe. 14 damage to face with 11 on the board, the Hunter just loled and said well played a lot.

Robin64

A little disappointed that the release client is the buggiest one yet.

Also wondering how many more players the game will get from a) being the official release and also b) having the WoW mount prize. I've seen a few people come in from WoW to get the mount and realise that they actually enjoy the game, so intend to keep playing. Promotion justified.

Minsc

Gold Member
Hopefully the bugs will get fixed soon with a hot-fix patch, but I've played 4 games since yesterday, and none of them had any bugs... so I don't feel they're horrible yet (except in extreme cases).

bunbun777

I wish arena wins would count towards the 500 for gold since I hit Legend rank so quick. (lol jk about that second part)

Minsc

Gold Member
They don't? Makes no sense. Arena is a million times better format too.

They want to give an incentive for people to play ranked mode so they add card backs and the animated portraits to it. I don't think they have any trouble convincing most people to play Arena with the 500+ gold rewards you get out of it. :)

I wonder what the animated portraits means going forward when they add alternate heroes. Whether they'd give you say, all 3 if there were three heroes per class (and all three would be fully voiced/animated) when you got 500 wins, or if you'd need to get 500 wins per each additional hero in a single class to get a second/third animated avatar.

Lord Phol

So I bought the 12 boosts pack in Beta and will be getting some gold to spend. Should I use it to buy boost packs or just put it all on Arena?

fresquito

So where're all the people saying: It's a beta, like a mantra? You see, it's not a beta anymore, it wasn't a beta a month back. It's a glitched game that Blizzard doesn't care to patch because they're already making lots of money from it.

Tizoc

Installed it today and finished the forced tutorial.
Overall I like it!
...but man making a deck looks hard, I can only have 30 cards?
...and man I unlocked A LOT of cards XD.

May I request some tips on how to make a balanced deck please?

My username for Hearthstone is Tizoc feel free to add me but I may not be online all the time ^^;

KeRaSh

My friend just got a golden Pagle...
What a pay to win ass...
He got it from an arena pack.
I don't believe him...

fresquito

Installed it today and finished the forced tutorial.
Overall I like it!
...but man making a deck looks hard, I can only have 30 cards?
...and man I unlocked A LOT of cards XD.

May I request some tips on how to make a balanced deck please?

My username for Hearthstone is Tizoc feel free to add me but I may not be online all the time ^^;
For a general deck, that's good through and through, you need to have a good balance in the mana curve (it appears when you point the Hero's portrait of the deck you're making). A good mana curve means you usually top at two or three, depending on class. This means most of your cards cost two or three mana, which means you probably will have something to use in each turn.

The balance between minions and spells vary depending on class, but I'd say, on average, carry 20 minions at least. Don't be too greedy on combos or sinergies. Don't include cards that need other two or three cards to work, or that are very situational. These cards are for strategic decks.

You can do solid decks with basic cards. Don't think you need epics or legendaries to win, because you don't.

Finally, Here you can see Basic Decks. It's in Spanish, but you can see the cards anyway: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8i-H8CA3JEfskK6fQb9GoxynpgG_Z2rE

fresquito

Thank you, so 20 creatures balanced at being 1-3 mana. I'll try it out later.
No. The mana curve needs to top at two or three. Think this way, if most cards you have in hand are 4+ mana, you need to wait for turn 8 to use two of them at once. This is why you want most cards being 2-3 (not 1).

Usually you want:

2 mana minions: 4-6
3 mana minions: 4-6
4 mana minions: 4
5 mana minions: 2
6 mana minions: 2

But it depends on the class you're playing. Some class will have a bigger mana curve (Druid), some others will have smaller (Hunter).

KeRaSh

My client ist stuck at the "initializing" phase of the update. Does anyone else have that problem? My friend is already playing.

ShinNL

Hunter: Bluegill, Leper Gnome, Leper Gnome.

My mage: Water Elemental.

I play Mad Bomber.

Does 2 dmg on my Water Elemental and 1 on my face.

How am I supposed to get my daily this way?

zoukka

Hunter: Bluegill, Leper Gnome, Leper Gnome.

My mage: Water Elemental.

I play Mad Bomber.

Does 2 dmg on my Water Elemental and 1 on my face.

How am I supposed to get my daily this way?

Yesterday my turn two bomber killed an argent squire and a leper gnome. I still felt sick even though I couldn't lose from there.

Violet_0

Banned
is anyone even playing Cenarius anymore? He was always one of the least threatening end-game legendaries. Has some synergy with roar he still not really worth the 9 mana imo

Zakalwe

Banned
is anyone even playing Cenarius anymore? He was always one of the least threatening end-game legendaries. Has some synergy with roar he still not really worth the 9 mana imo

He's a great card.

He has 9/12 between him and his taunts if you choose the defensive option, and an instant 3 body board presence.
If you have decent board prescence he can secure you a win with his 2/2 buff.

His diveristy makes him great. Play him for the win or to buy time defensively or to bait out AOE.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Getting 500 wins is going to be extremely hard D: something to work towards I guess.

So I disenchanted Tink and Pagle and in their stead put Ysera and Thalnos, Pagle could probably still work but I have had my eye on Thalnos for a while now.

Interfectum

Ran into the minion placement bug last night. Played Defender of Argus between two minions and he automatically went to the left of both and only taunted one. Lost me the game. :(

ViviOggi

Sunk Pagle and got me a Cairne. Gonna be a while until I get my hands on a Rag now, sadly.

Minion floating is more ridiculous than ever, I wasn't looking at the client when the match started, thought my opponent played nothing when I noticed a few pixels of a Leper Gnome's bottom edge at the top of the screen. An Ironbark tried to hide the same way the next match.

Played around 20 matches yesterday and the only bug I encoutnered was the minion floating by the opponent's hand bug. Slightly annoying, but easily dealth with (and fixes itself after the opponent uses the minion to attack).

Nothing game breaking at least (dancing minions was game breaking, having lost several matches to it)

Also got rid of my pagle, got a Tirion in his place... I normally hate getting class specific legendaries, but I love my pally deck so much lately (control).

bigkrev

*Sigh*

So last night I had this awesome bug where a giant Pink block (the size of the matchmaking slot spinner) appear on the battlefield, where everything below it was hidden. It made targeting monsters impossible, and I lost when I was unable to ever attack because my opponent played a Taunt Monster

I basically lost an ENTIRE Arena run (0-3), due to various bugs that I had not seen before the release patch- the not drawing a hand happened twice, and now the pink box. And not to brag or anything, but this was actually a pretty sweet one- I had 2 legendaries! (Harrison Jones and Black Night) And now all I have to show for it is a Booster Pack that had 5 cards I already had multiples of, and 30 dust. I can understand if this was a BETA still, but for this to happen in the actual release.... its really bad.

Interfectum

Played around 20 matches yesterday and the only bug I encoutnered was the minion floating by the opponent's hand bug. Slightly annoying, but easily dealth with (and fixes itself after the opponent uses the minion to attack).

Nothing game breaking at least (dancing minions was game breaking, having lost several matches to it)

Also got rid of my pagle, got a Tirion in his place... I normally hate getting class specific legendaries, but I love my pally deck so much lately (control).

Tirion is a great card, imo.

bjaelke

Hearthstone Launch Day Activities
To celebrate the official release of Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, we’ve lined up a full day of Hearthstone-related activities happening this Friday, March 14. In true gaming spirit, you can either kick back and watch the fun from the sidelines, or jump in and take part! Your social media submissions may even make an appearance on our dedicated Hearthstone Day page (coming soon).

Here’s a run-down of Friday’s events (all times below displayed in CET):

Look out for content created especially for this occasion by well-known Hearthstone community members. We’ll be adding updates to our upcoming Hearthstone Day page throughout the day.
When: Throughout the day

In honor of the beloved, noble creature known as the murloc, we’re looking out for talented murloc wannabes. Ever wondered what a murloc sounds like when he gets up in the morning? So do we! Submit your waking murloc impressions on Vine with the hashtag #HearthstoneDay.
When: 10.30 - 12.30

Did you just open the best booster pack ever? Take a selfie of your happy face in front of this epic booster and post it on Instagram with the hashtag #HearthstoneDay.
When: 14:00 - 16:00

Our Hearthstone developers will be answering questions about the beta from the community! Tune in to the Google+ Hangout to watch the Q&A and submit your questions. A member of the Community team will be hosting the event.
When: 19:00 - 19:30

Interfectum

Side note, I think some of the weird graphical glitches (the line in the cancel button and others) are due to Unity. Sometimes when doing 2D in that engine the placement can get messed up or offset slightly. I'm also guessing some of the bugs are also due to the limitations of that engine.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
got a paladin/priest quest yesterday. didn't have decks for either.. figured I would throw together a quick rush pally deck. went 3/1. Not amazing, but a nice change of pace.

So really, what are the viability of rush decks in general? The one game I lost on wasn't that I wasn't doing damage, but just that against a viable control deck I eventually started top decking when he was still in the high teens in health. So it seems with a little more balance especially with some finishers you could actually maybe take a rush deck far?? Thoughts?

Anyway, was a nice change of pace from warrior. May hang my warrior up for a while. Between just getting destroyed on sunday (like probably 3-9 ranked in the high teens no less, after getting to 15), and then some stupid stuff last night on top of getting tink right away (my buddy challenged me immediately so I didn't have a chance to DE and replace him).. just need a break from warrior. looking at either paladin (trade tink for tirion?) or maybe rogue?

edit - holy shit!!! How am I not using Bloodsail raider in a deck with gorehowl? gorehowl, next turn bloodsail raider->charge = same attack as grommash with 3 mana left for the turn.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Any idea when they are reigning the beta down? Remembering reading it was coming down soon in anticipation of retail release.

Mr Cola

Oh, I thought it was coming down for month or so, cool.

M.J. Doja

Banned
The first handful of matches at 25-20 are always laughable.. one small advantage turns into a huge win.

It does feel dirty playing a MurLock deck though.

Orenhy

Neo Member
Played on PC and liked it, but was itching me that i am slouching on a pc chair for such a casual game. So i put it down a month ago and gonna wait for the ipad release.

Robin64

First match since the update and I saw a bug. Opponent played a Goldshire Footman on their first turn, but then it vanished. Just wasn't on the board anymore. Seemed weird, so I played a minion and then on his turn, the invisible Goldshire Footman attacked my minion. Never had this before!

Also, have my Mac set up so that when I move my mouse cursor to the top left of the screen, everything zooms out and I can switch between apps. That no longer works while in HS. :(

Totally just lost to the dreaded Leeroy --> Opponent has Knife Juggler --> Whelp spawnings cause the knife proc to hit Leeroy twice. I feel so ashamed, but it was my only hope to win so I went for it. :(

Tirion is a great card, imo.

No doubt, but I have hero ADD, I switch classes fairly regularly (which is why Pagle was so awesome as I could easily slot him into anything). But at the moment I'm having a sweet love affair with my pally and playing rogue on the side so it's fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom