• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT10| Ultimate Infuriation

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
That person is willfully ignoring the time they milled a card the other player didn't care about and helped them draw Raza, or Kazakus or Fireball or whatever other card they needed to win.

The real mill that Gnomeferatu provides is not powerful on its own unless you can repeat it many times over.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Do y'all have any favorite matchups right now?

Controlly Warlock in general is pretty fun to play against.

And mirror matches are still the worst part of this game.

Portugeezer

Do y'all have any favorite matchups right now?

Controlly Warlock in general is pretty fun to play against.

And mirror matches are still the worst part of this game.
Egg Deathrattle DK Hunter vs Raza DK Priest.

Surprisingly close from what I have played.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Also, people who slept on gnomeferatu are pinheads. I knew the card would be good and I've figured out why.

In what world is Gnomeferatu tearing up the meta? All the decks containing Gnomeferatu on HSReplay have sub-50% winrates.

the "discard the bottom card" is mathematically correct but contextually false. Players mulligan for important early game pieces which makes the card more likely to hit late game pieces, thereby increasing the value of playing the card early in the game.

The Mulligan process affects your hand and your deck in a general sense, it doesn't affect the placement of late game cards in your deck. The mill late into the game is the same as the mill early in the game.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Not having card draw in a deck like this is fatal. Hunters really struggle for draw and if you can't flood the board in the first 7 turns you're going to have a real up hill slog. That's why stitched tracker is so good, because he always gets you something good and is a draw engine in a class that has lacked it since the buzzard nerf.

Also, people who slept on gnomeferatu are pinheads. I knew the card would be good and I've figured out why.

1: the "discard the bottom card" is mathematically correct but contextually false. Players mulligan for important early game pieces which makes the card more likely to hit late game pieces, thereby increasing the value of playing the card early in the game. I'm playing mill warlock as well so the value of increasing the fatigue count is realized quite frequently.

2: most decks nowadays don't have bad cards, so you almost always hit something good, particularly when playing against decks that have lynch pin cards like DK's, combo pieces, etc.

3: milling a death knight is so satisfying! So far I've hit Rexxar, Archmage, Y'Shaarj, Staghelm, Twisting Nether and Arcane Giant just to name a few juicy targets. Almost never lets me down.

Card draw is way overrated in constructed. Some decks are perfectly fine to live on the top deck, and hunter is one of them. You pirate warrior is a bad deck because it never ran card draw until now, and still often doesn't? I don't think it matters in an arena deck that aggro either and I wish i didn't misclick so I could find out. The only two real losses were both to priest with a crazy amount of anti aggro.

Gnomefaratu is only surprising ok because mill fatigue became a surprisingly good counter to jade druid, thanks to both Geist and UI self milling. It's still absolutely terrible in decks that don't run Coldlight Oracles, and mill decks still can't hold their own in many other matchups to be generally good enough.

In what world is Gnomeferatu tearing up the meta? All the decks containing Gnomeferatu on HSReplay have sub-50% winrates.

The Mulligan process affects your hand and your deck in a general sense, it doesn't affect the placement of late game cards in your deck. The mill late into the game is the same as the mill early in the game.

It's probably because Dog is playing a Mill Warlock deck that uses Gnomeferatu.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
3d printed Hearthstone phone cases video

screenshot_20170915-16ksf8.png

Vanillalite

Okay, really nice. But putting legendary tag around azure drake is blasphemy, and I'd rather have a hero face like valeera and no card text, just the art. Otherwise really neat.

Gimmie deathknight valeera and they got me.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
They even have one for RENO DA GAWD. Looks really sweet, but since I have a Pixel and there is a fingerprint sensor on the back, I can't ever get one with art on the back unless there is a tasteful hole right in the upper middle of the back. So.... no dice for me. Looks really cool though.

Ladekabel

Over a week since I saw Warrior on Ranked. Take out the Potion of Madness out of my Priest. First matchup after I did that? Pirate Warrior...

Edit.: Fucking hell. Next game was against Milllock who tapped in all the right answers.

Vanillalite

They even have one for RENO DA GAWD. Looks really sweet, but since I have a Pixel and there is a fingerprint sensor on the back, I can't ever get one with art on the back unless there is a tasteful hole right in the upper middle of the back. So.... no dice for me. Looks really cool though.

They should be speced for each phone since they are 3d printed.

PS: Can I spectate one of you hearth gawds right now for the quest?

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
They should be speced for each phone since they are 3d printed.

PS: Can I spectate one of you hearth gawds right now for the quest?

Yeah, but my phone is not one of the ones they support due to the hole in the back upper middle of the case needed that would more or less make Reno's face a big hole. haha =)

Vanillalite

Over a week since I saw Warrior on Ranked. Take out the Potion of Madness out of my Priest. First matchup after I did that? Pirate Warrior...

Edit.: Fucking hell. Next game was against Milllock who tapped in all the right answers.

Welcome to Hearth. Spec for a certain matchup and never see it. Change up and you immediately see it next go round.

Ladekabel

Welcome to Hearth. Spec for a certain matchup and never see it. Change up and you immediately see it next go round.

I know. It happens to me every time.

Like just now I dusted wild legendaries I'll never play to finally play Razakus Priest (sue me! It is my favorite class). First matchup? Quest Mage.

I just won a Fatigue Warrior mirror because the other dude didn't go infinite. He went through about 50 cards, but eventually lost.

My hand:
Shield Block
Shield Block
Dead Man's Hand
Shield Block
Shield Block
Shield Block
Shield Block
Dead Man's Hand

I was over 100 health when he gave up! =D

I don't know why Dog uses Bring it On! instead of Shield Block as his endgame fatigue card - Shield Block cycles so you have a lot more consistency.

nice 13-2 streak with my control hunter. naga is a reaal nice late game boost since you can pick a max cost beast from DK and play it with it, and maybe a giant if you have one. obv pure greed tho but whatev its fun to have some board control as a hunter for once

### CONTROL
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Tracking
# 2x (2) Doomsayer
# 2x (2) King's Elekk
# 1x (2) Quick Shot
# 2x (2) Toxic Arrow
# 2x (2) Unstable Ghoul
# 1x (3) Deadly Shot
# 1x (3) Eaglehorn Bow
# 2x (3) Stitched Tracker
# 2x (4) Bright-Eyed Scout
# 2x (5) Naga Sea Witch
# 1x (5) Sludge Belcher
# 1x (6) Deathstalker Rexxar
# 1x (6) The Black Knight
# 1x (7) Baron Geddon
# 2x (10) Sea Giant
# 1x (12) Clockwork Giant
# 2x (12) Mountain Giant
# 2x (25) Molten Giant
#
AAEBAR8I0ALFCPgM/gyBDrkR1BGG0wILigHTAeEHlwjcCpAOyxTeFojBApjNAtPNAgA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
nice 13-2 streak with my control hunter. naga is a reaal nice late game boost since you can pick a max cost beast from DK and play it with it, and maybe a giant if you have one. obv pure greed tho but whatev its fun to have some board control as a hunter for once

### CONTROL
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Tracking
# 2x (2) Doomsayer
# 2x (2) King's Elekk
# 1x (2) Quick Shot
# 2x (2) Toxic Arrow
# 2x (2) Unstable Ghoul
# 1x (3) Deadly Shot
# 1x (3) Eaglehorn Bow
# 2x (3) Stitched Tracker
# 2x (4) Bright-Eyed Scout
# 2x (5) Naga Sea Witch
# 1x (5) Sludge Belcher
# 1x (6) Deathstalker Rexxar
# 1x (6) The Black Knight
# 1x (7) Baron Geddon
# 2x (10) Sea Giant
# 1x (12) Clockwork Giant
# 2x (12) Mountain Giant
# 2x (25) Molten Giant
#
AAEBAR8I0ALFCPgM/gyBDrkR1BGG0wILigHTAeEHlwjcCpAOyxTeFojBApjNAtPNAgA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Control is a real strange name for that deck.

Control is a real strange name for that deck.

it's the only hunter deck i've ever played with realistic complete board clears (acidmaw/UTH is lol), but you don't have to use the giants as pure burst you can set up wins with rexxar pretty well considering you have some tools to take the board back, all other hunter decks if you lose the board you're SOL but here you have huge comeback swing turns and board clears, which make it more control than any other hunter decks IMO

what you copy or skip from tracks is v key but it gives you nice adaptability and variety in games

That deck needs to be deleted ASAP.

But if you've ever wondered what could be more overpowered than Jade Druid and wanted to climb to legend with no effort or thinking at all, I would make that deck ASAP.

Edit: @Mobius: I think we need to discuss when a deck is a "combo deck" in HS. To me, a midrange deck curves out - that Hunter deck doesn't, usually. It's not anti-control because its worst matchup is Razakus Priest. Clearly it's not aggro, so that leaves combo and control.

it's the only hunter deck i've ever played with realistic complete board clears (acidmaw/UTH is lol), but you don't have to use the giants as pure burst you can set up wins with rexxar pretty well considering you have some tools to take the board back, all other hunter decks if you lose the board you're SOL but here you have huge comeback swing turns and board clears, which make it more control than any other hunter decks IMO

what you copy or skip from tracks is v key but it gives you nice adaptability and variety in games

It's midrange or anti-control. Having board clears doesn't make you control. It's about your win conditions. If they're largely attrition based or not.

I guy just played Fandral and wrath on the first turn, I was just like....well....ok. Still won though

After that I played against a Quest Mage that I got to 1 health on turn 7 and then put up Eye for an Eye and he proceeded to stall until like turn 12. I really thought he was digging for eater of secrets but nope. He finished the quest and then got all set up and shot a fireball and died. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dahbomb

These Giant decks are essentially combo decks revolving around one card as the combo enabler. They don't do shit without the combo, their control, curve and aggro is wack but when they have the "combo" they are godlike.

Maybe you can say they are Midrange but there's a huge spike from "no board" to "32/32 stats on the board" in one turn.

i'll take anti control, but i will note that this giant deck is more attrition based. last game i just played, i had lots of burst but since it's mage i knew i had to just bleed out his resources so i beat even with his reno (below). it's not as hand spit as the druid decks since you can reset the board more strategically, whole deck isn't the giants they're just a tool. by default best strat is to expel their resources, if they shit things out clear their board, and win with beasts/value. priest is the problem since lightbomb and DK mean you have to beat them with beasts, but the timer from their HP really sucks

but also we're talking about hunter here so my standard for control is low lol, let me rip through ppl with mythical control hunter kk
https://hsreplay.net/replay/58eS4CmJj8rBuydd4qn8Qb

Miletius

Kind of want to play control warlock. Anybody have a list that they play. I'm not opposed to putting gnomeferatu in my deck, but I also really only view her as a alligator with better artwork.

Cockmagic

Neo Member
Kind of want to play control warlock. Anybody have a list that they play. I'm not opposed to putting gnomeferatu in my deck, but I also really only view her as a alligator with better artwork.

On my way to rank 5 with this deck. Really fun to play.

### control warlock
# Class: Warlock
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 2x (1) Mistress of Mixtures
# 2x (1) Voidwalker
# 2x (2) Defile
# 2x (2) Doomsayer
# 2x (2) Drain Soul
# 2x (2) Gnomeferatu
# 1x (2) Golakka Crawler
# 2x (2) Tainted Zealot
# 2x (3) Coldlight Oracle
# 1x (3) Gluttonous Ooze
# 1x (3) Stonehill Defender
# 2x (5) Despicable Dreadlord
# 2x (6) Siphon Soul
# 1x (6) Skulking Geist
# 2x (7) Abyssal Enforcer
# 1x (8) Medivh, the Guardian
# 2x (8) Twisting Nether
# 1x (10) Bloodreaver Gul'dan
#
AAECAf0GBqG3ApvCAuTCAtPFAqDOApfTAgwwigHbBvgHzAjdvALexALnywKizQKuzQL3zQKX6AIA
#

Are the DKs weighted more than the other class legendaries? I pulled 5 of them from packs and only two of the non-DK class legendaries. Not that I am complaining of course.

Sande

"Freeze shaman is not gonna happen."

People still haven't learned the extent Blizzard will go to when they want an archetype to happen. They wanted secret paladin to happen, they released Mysterious Challenger. They wanted overload shaman to happen, they released Tunnel Trogg, Totem Golem, Flamewreathed Faceless and Eternal Sentinel.

They'll stop at nothing.

I wouldn't take out potion of madness no matter what I was facing. It's insane in so many match ups and almost always gets value in all the rest.

ZeroX03

Banned
Are the DKs weighted more than the other class legendaries? I pulled 5 of them from packs and only two of the non-DK class legendaries. Not that I am complaining of course.

2 out of 4 of the Legendaries I've pulled have been DKs, both of which I got after my free one and another I crafted. So it kind of feels that way.

Q8D3vil

On my way to rank 5 with this deck. Really fun to play.

### control warlock
# Class: Warlock
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 2x (1) Mistress of Mixtures
# 2x (1) Voidwalker
# 2x (2) Defile
# 2x (2) Doomsayer
# 2x (2) Drain Soul
# 2x (2) Gnomeferatu
# 1x (2) Golakka Crawler
# 2x (2) Tainted Zealot
# 2x (3) Coldlight Oracle
# 1x (3) Gluttonous Ooze
# 1x (3) Stonehill Defender
# 2x (5) Despicable Dreadlord
# 2x (6) Siphon Soul
# 1x (6) Skulking Geist
# 2x (7) Abyssal Enforcer
# 1x (8) Medivh, the Guardian
# 2x (8) Twisting Nether
# 1x (10) Bloodreaver Gul'dan
#
AAECAf0GBqG3ApvCAuTCAtPFAqDOApfTAgwwigHbBvgHzAjdvALexALnywKizQKuzQL3zQKX6AIA
#
Nice, been wanting play mill for a while.

"Freeze shaman is not gonna happen."

People still haven't learned the extent Blizzard will go to when they want an archetype to happen. They wanted secret paladin to happen, they released Mysterious Challenger. They wanted overload shaman to happen, they released Tunnel Trogg, Totem Golem, Flamewreathed Faceless and Eternal Sentinel.

They'll stop at nothing.

I wouldn't take out potion of madness no matter what I was facing. It's insane in so many match ups and almost always gets value in all the rest.

This is why I kind of wanted the Warlock DK to synergize with Discardlock. It was guaranteed to be so powerful that they would finally move on from the archetype.

Top Bottom