• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the minion you used shadow madness on has life remaining or you can't kill it, then you've effectively used the brewmaster to both remove your opponent's minion from the board AND draw yourself a card. So let's say your opponent has a 3/3 and a Tazdingo. If you Shadow Madness the Tazdingo, kill the 3/3, and then return the Tazdingo to your hand, then you've effectively spent 6 mana and 2 cards to remove 2 of your opponent's minions, put down a 3/2 of your own, AND you've drawn yourself a card.

That's the absolute best cast scenario. More often than not, you're just going to steal a minion and use it to trade with another minion. Putting it back in your hand isn't really adding benefit most of the time. Sludge Belcher and Shieldmasta are the only cards worth putting back in your hand, and I don't think that justifies including Brewmasters in your deck. Is he doing anything else with Brewmasters? Because it seems like those are mostly dead cards if you don't have a viable target to steal or don't draw it when you need it for the combo.

johnsmith

remember me
Wow, is Deernadia really kitkatz's sister?

Also hit rank 2 without even really trying. I wish there were rewards for hitting legend again, it would make me make the effort and just go for it this season.

Jrmint

Wow, is Deernadia really kitkatz's sister?

Also hit rank 2 without even really trying. I wish there were rewards for hitting legend again, it would make me make the effort and just go for it this season.
What deck is giving you the most success in ladder?

Minsc

Gold Member
Nothing quite like thoroughly beating a golden Priest with all golden cards (except for a few Naxx ones) via so many amazing value plays - 2x Mind Control Techs both played against a board with 4 minions, Shadow Madness taking a Belcher and giving me a 1/2 taunt while killing a 3/3 on their board, Black Knight hitting a 5/6 taunted Cabal, turn 8 Ysera, Mind Control their Feugen after you killed their Stalag, it goes on and on, it was just ridiculous. They even draw 25/30 cards from their deck due to them having Northshire clerics out from turn 1 and I still had around ~15 cards in my deck, but damn if it didn't feel like I always had the perfect answer to anything they did.

The downside (or upside?) of running a golden hero with all golden cards I guess, you make the other person feel great for beating you, lol.

Minsc

Gold Member
Only if you are petty.

What greater accomplishment is there in ranked than beating a golden player with (nearly) an all golden deck with some random deck that isn't well suited for ranking? If you don't feel good after winning a match like that, then I don't know what would make you feel good! :)

Basically you have to realize if you are playing an all-golden deck, with a golden hero, the people you're playing against (assuming they are running regular, non-golden expert cards) are more than likely going to feel good when they beat you! It's a win-win. Nothing at all about being petty.

zoukka

Golden stuff means time/money spent, that stuff doesn't really relate to skill. I feel good after winning a close match or sometimes even losing one if the opponent was more skilled than myself.

Minsc

Gold Member
If you believe it to be more time, then it should also equate to more skill (especially a golden portrait, that's definitely more time, you can't buy that). So I take what I can get.

Hey guys, what's going on, just gonna do my weekly Arena hate this mode HOLY CRAP:
xOM3XoA.png

Why can't I get this lucky with packs?

Kunan

omg is anyone watching the Gamers Origin 2 cup. Everything exploded with hilarious results. Seems to be getting back to normal now though

johnsmith

remember me
Nothing quite like thoroughly beating a golden Priest with all golden cards (except for a few Naxx ones) via so many amazing value plays - 2x Mind Control Techs both played against a board with 4 minions, Shadow Madness taking a Belcher and giving me a 1/2 taunt while killing a 3/3 on their board, Black Knight hitting a 5/6 taunted Cabal, turn 8 Ysera, Mind Control their Feugen after you killed their Stalag, it goes on and on, it was just ridiculous. They even draw 25/30 cards from their deck due to them having Northshire clerics out from turn 1 and I still had around ~15 cards in my deck, but damn if it didn't feel like I always had the perfect answer to anything they did.

The downside (or upside?) of running a golden hero with all golden cards I guess, you make the other person feel great for beating you, lol.
I just beat an all gold priest at rank 1. I wonder if it was the same one. Varranis was his name. Didn't see any feugens or stalags, and he conceded on turn 8, so not sure if he had ysera.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
So why are people running Hogger? Is it to respond to all the face hunter?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Two Silly questions:
1) What does "BM" means?
2) Where did the 'x' boys thing got started? (Im guessing its a way of showing support to a player or card)

What greater accomplishment is there in ranked than beating a golden player with (nearly) an all golden deck with some random deck that isn't well suited for ranking? If you don't feel good after winning a match like that, then I don't know what would make you feel good! :)

Basically you have to realize if you are playing an all-golden deck, with a golden hero, the people you're playing against (assuming they are running regular, non-golden expert cards) are more than likely going to feel good when they beat you! It's a win-win. Nothing at all about being petty.

I have to agree with you. I just pulled off a comeback against a Control Warrior with almost all golden cards against my Control Warrior with only a few golden basic cards and one golden epic, plus, I'm missing some Control Warrior staples like Shield Slam and Gorehowl. Best part was the finisher: I had Alexstasza and Grommash on the board, both full health, and about 15 health, he has a 5 attack Gorehowl and about 16 health. He plays golden Ragnaros, armors, and ends his turn, Rag hits Grommash who survives and enrages giving me lethal.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Two Silly questions:
1) What does "BM" means?
2) Where did the 'x' boys thing got started? (Im guessing its a way of showing support to a player or card)
1) Bad Manner.
2) If you're talking about the all caps thing, it came from a DOTA 2 team called S A D B O Y S, which was named after Yung Lean's label, Sad Boys Entertainment.

johnsmith

remember me
2 miracles in a row. Why is this cancer back. Oh right, because they are idiots and nerfed the wrong card.

Oh, you both have auctioneer, coin, conceal on turn 5? Must be nice for you, living in magical christmas land.

caesar

Banned
2 miracles in a row. Why is this cancer back. Oh right, because they are idiots and nerfed the wrong card.

Oh, you both have auctioneer, coin, conceal on turn 5? Must be nice for you, living in magical christmas land.

lol at being salty about miracle

Tarazet

Two Gorehowls or two Brawls...? I already have one Gorehowl, one Win Axe, and two Arathis for weapons, but double Brawl sounds less than useful...

You could make the case either way. Even one Brawl is something that a good Arena player wouldn't try to play around.. certainly not two.

you can't gorehowl until turn 6 or 7 and two of them can last up to 14 turns if you don't go face and 7 mana for 7 face damage isn't very good in arena. and you really don't want to be running your face into that many minions. brawl is definitely the way to go.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
you can't gorehowl until turn 6 or 7 and two of them can last up to 14 turns if you don't go face and 7 mana for 7 face damage isn't very good in arena. and you really don't want to be running your face into that many minions. brawl is definitely the way to go.

Yeah I'd go with Brawl. Gorehowl sticks around too long for two of them to be useful.

johnsmith

remember me
SDueeon.png

Stick to handlock bro. Demonlock is so inferior, it's not even funny.

I wonder what legend rank he was.

oJu4StD.png

KxRxShS.png

Wow, i was not expecting to make it to legend at all this season. This was my easiest legend yet. Undertaker priest is definitely a good choice in this meta. The only unwinnable matchup seems to be handlock, and that's not getting played much. MIracle is very unfavorable, but still winable. Freeze mage can be tough too, but everything else is favorable.

Nerf undertaker.

bunbun777

Has blizzard ever said how arena matches are decided? I figure you get placed against others that have the most similar win loss rate but maybe it's just random?

CoolOff

Draft Alex and King Krush in Arena. Go six games and see Krush drawn once, and never a glimpse of Alex. Oh well, at least Webspinner gave me Maexxna.

Has blizzard ever said how arena matches are decided? I figure you get placed against others that have the most similar win loss rate but maybe it's just random?

Yout get matched with people that have a similar amount of wins. I guess it matches you as close as it can given how many are playing at a given moment, so with lots of opponents someone 7-0 is likely to face someone else who's 7-0, but 4am it might match 7-0 with 9-2 or whatever.

Slashlen

Assuming it is just wins, it would be nice if they could include the # of losses in the matching as well. It would help with the random difficulty of the lower rank matches. There's a big difference between a 2-0 and a 2-2 deck on average.

gutshot

There's a bit of drama going on between Reynad and Tides. Sounds like Reynad wants Tides to produce more videos for the Tempostorm site and Tides doesn't want to. Reynad then apparently threatened to stop paying for Tides' travel expenses.

This all leaked out when an unmuted Skype call between the two was accidentally streamed by Reynad. Tides showed up in the Reddit thread about it to defend himself and seems to have made the situation worse.

http://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone...ur_tides_talking_about_reynad_not_paying_for/

TidesofTime said:
Hi, since reddit has some pitchforks pointed at me i'll respond. (Sorry you don't like my stream, but i'm not trying to become a clone of another already successful streamer, it sounds like trump is the streamer you're looking for, he loves to explain his plays and has a great streaming schedule.) Based off your post you both have no idea how teams make their money and have no idea what me and reynad agreed to. ass u me etc

The videos produce the least amount of money out of any money that reynad receieves. Note: other teams dont thrive off their players making videos so the public can subscribe to them. It's not what I signed up to do.

2) I don't believe in using my energy on a product I wouldn't use. (in advance please don't use a counter argument like this: just because you wont use condoms doesn't mean other people wont! - i'm not going to produce condoms that feel like shit while I could be producing something else i'm better at)

The initial goal was to make alot of different decks that could help your average player become legend, I took this very seriously. So i wanted all of my decks I showcased to be very good. Obviously that ran into the problem of card limitations, ruining your good decks for future tournaments, meta shifting etc rendering your decks useless etc. I felt like every video i uploaded no matter how much i thought about it was useless/shit, at the end day i concluded i'm terrible at this job why am i doing it in the first place? Other people can and will do it better than me. So, between all of the things i listed above as well as the videos placing a large amount of stress on me due to hating the product i was producing no matter how many retakes I did/new decks + concepts i thought of i decided I will not be doing videos.

Glad we got that out of the way despite it being none of your business. At least you got your little opportunity to flame me to your hearts content jdizzle.

TidesofTime said:
Teams main source of income arn't from videos or decklist write ups, i plan on contributing in the same way most other sponsored players contribute. If you do a little research you should be able to figure out how i contribute.

Sorry i can't say the specifics but thank you for the refreshing post <3.

Lost a bit of respect for Tides here. If you signed up to make videos when you joined the team, then you should make videos. Being a perfectionist about it or saying it is too stressful is not a good enough excuse to stop doing it.

Mutombo

Anyone getting far in ranked with their own thought of decks?

Mind, I suppose I'm still pretty casual (my farthest so far has been rank 10 with revive paladin with a few changes because I miss a few cards) but I'm doing allright with a divine shield paladin. Made it to 15 and haven't played that much, so I'm curious to see how it will go. I (think) find Hunters especially don't really have a lot of counters against a divine shielded minion board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom