• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you play a class long enough to get to a high rank it's going to start looking like everyone else's deck as you take out cards that don't work and sub in cards that work.

it might be different if we were playing with 60 card decks but there's not a ton of room in 30 cards and the ladder is unforgiving.

iNvid02

never seen deathwing in arena and just happened to thoughtsteal one from a mage. he did play it and i countered with it, pretty cool

johnsmith

remember me
if you play a class long enough to get to a high rank it's going to start looking like everyone else's deck as you take out cards that don't work and sub in cards that work.

it might be different if we were playing with 60 card decks but there's not a ton of room in 30 cards and the ladder is unforgiving.
That's assuming there is only 1 viable deck per class, which is not true for any of the classes right now, except maybe paladin.

That's assuming there is only 1 viable deck per class, which is not true for any of the classes right now, except maybe paladin.

yeah i worded that poorly. you're going to fall into one of the current deck archetypes if you spend a lot of time refining it on ladder.

there's a reason you run into a lot of gimmicky combo decks at the lower ranks but not the higher ones.

ShinNL

yeah i worded that poorly. you're going to fall into one of the current deck archetypes if you spend a lot of time refining it on ladder.

there's a reason you run into a lot of gimmicky combo decks at the lower ranks but not the higher ones.
Uhmmm, you almost never see original decks in ranked, period. Trust me, I only exclusively do ranked 20 -> 10 every season. It has nothing to do with efficiency or rank, people are generally just not creative.

Uhmmm, you almost never see original decks in ranked, period. Trust me, I only exclusively do ranked 20 -> 10 every season. It has nothing to do with efficiency or rank, people are generally just not creative.

well most people don't have time to pound on a deck long enough to refine it. and it's not like the people who do just ignore certain cards. the number one reason netdecks get popular us because they work.

Not only that, they gravitate towards the easiest decks every time. If the deck isn't just plain easy and dumb to play, then its strong enough to played stupidly and still net some wins.

Volimar

Probably not a big deal for most of HearthstoneGAF but I've gotten to Rank 7 this month, beating my old high of Rank 12. Feels good man.

I never thought a tie would feel so good but...

Playing Miracle and I'm down to 1 HP against a Priest with 18 left. I'm on my final few cards and have an Auctioneer out. I'm going to die from overdraw even if I clear the board since all I have are spells and I need the Auctioneer to hit face so I can't suicide it. I got the priest down to 1 health with 0 cards in my deck left. The last spell I used was a shiv which killed both of us. It was the only way to avoid a complete loss.

Probably not a big deal for most of HearthstoneGAF but I've gotten to Rank 7 this month, beating my old high of Rank 12. Feels good man.

If you're enjoying yourself, doesn't matter what other people have hit in the past.

I don't even look at my past much since I have hit legendary before and it still feels good to hit high ranks each season, without surpassing my old top rank. Most of the time I play up til around rank 1-4 and just settle in there without even playing enough to hit legend even if I tried, because I just get burned out and I am not motivated enough. Just play to have fun.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Just wanted to grab the gold for a play 20 5-mana minions quest. Put together a joke Druid deck with 2 Wild Growths, 2 Innervates, and 26 5-drops. Beat a priest who even had a Rag and Slyvanas. God how embarrassing for him.

Haunted

Just wanted to grab the gold for a play 20 5-mana minions quest. Put together a joke Druid deck with 2 Wild Growths, 2 Innervates, and 26 5-drops. Beat a priest who even had a Rag and Slyvanas. God how embarrassing for him.
Nothing beats the feeling of actually winning a game with a joke deck you only made for fun/a quest.

Like that ol' classic Mana Wyrms + Mana Addicts + 26 spells Mage deck.

Now I'm up to rank 6 and just got my Big Winner reward. Awesome! When's the new expansion? I might save up for that.

"soon". I wouldn't expect it until the beginning of next year but they may surprise us and have it ready for the holidays. there should be more details at blizzcon.

"soon". I wouldn't expect it until the beginning of next year but they may surprise us and have it ready for the holidays. there should be more details at blizzcon.

I'd be surprised if it is even as early as March of next year. I expect late Spring. I have little faith in Blizzard though in terms of being quick about releasing content.

ViviOggi

"Warning would have been nice"

crazy.gif
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
crazy.gif

That was too funny. I mean, I knew people who botted were idiots, but didn't think they were this dumb.

they had gotten away with it for so long they thought they were bulletproof.

edit:

The botters demand justice, Blizzard's Hearthstone forums have fallen. At least for me they're not loading, I suppose since you posted that link 2 mins ago, it's an isolated thing on my end.

seems like a sporadic thing: https://twitter.com/BlizzardCS/status/526882643942465536

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
ffs. Post-nerf, playing hunter is still like taking candy from babies. It's just so easy to deal damage to the face. I just completed Total Dominance in like an hour.

Minsc

Gold Member
Looks like some of those idiots were botting as much as 12 hours a day, glad they are gone

Temporarily, seems Blizzard is letting them all back, with the gold profits, golden heroes and everything else they "earned" untouched in a couple months.

So if they botted non-stop for a couple of weeks or more, they should still come out ahead, as it potentially could take a lot longer than 3 months to earn what you do botting if you play casually otherwise (especially when it comes to getting those 4,500 ranked wins in - that alone could take a normal casual player a couple years).

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I wonder if there's some legal issue preventing Blizzard to take them what they got by botting.
Maybe they dont have a way to check if the golden portraits,gold,etc was earned by botting or by the actual player.

Aaaand i had the most stupid loss ever, i Lava Burst'd a 2-1 Murloc instead to the face (1HP) =/
I miss clicked because i was fooling around in Skype :(

Blizzard just put up a news post. They basically said that going forward, bans will be permanent for botting. It's just this wave that has the 3 month ban.

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/16481223
This ban wave is just a warning and test for their bot detection systems. Makes sense to not permaban right out of the box.

Just completed a Priest 5 win quest and a Total Domination on the same match and got this as a reward:

ytBBqqLl.png

Pretty sweet. I think I'm gonna try her in a Rogue spell deck.

ffs. Post-nerf, playing hunter is still like taking candy from babies. It's just so easy to deal damage to the face. I just completed Total Dominance in like an hour.

Yeah, Hunter is still pretty ridiculous. Undertaker followed by Webspinners/Loot Hoarders/Haunted Creepers/Mad Scientists/Leper Gnomes is a pretty tough opener to beat. Then just equip an Eagle Horn Bow and lock down board control with a free Freezing Trap from a Mad Scientist, and you've basically already won by turn 3.

gutshot

Just got my third ever legendary! After pulling Lorewalker Cho and Nozdormu as my first two, I definitely deserve a really good one. What do I get? Another Lorewalker Cho.

Emoticon_rage.gif
Emoticon_rage.gif
Emoticon_rage.gif

You're an android user aren't you.

Yes, but if you're implying the only reason I think Blizzard delays things is because Hearthstone hasn't been released on Android yet, well, I'd suggest you look into their long history of painful delays. They're like Valve's drunk best friend.

Dreavus

You know, a best of 3 with sideboards would do a lot to even out ranked... but I suppose that goes directly against the casual nature of the game.

Heck, sideboards for tournaments only would be interesting to try instead of the weird "bring 5 decks and they get eliminated individually"

You know, a best of 3 with sideboards would do a lot to even out ranked... but I suppose that goes directly against the casual nature of the game.

Heck, sideboards for tournaments only would be interesting to try instead of the weird "bring 5 decks and they get eliminated individually"

the most interesting tourney format i've seen was one where a single deck could only be played 3 times win or lose. and either player can switch decks at any time. so since it was abest of 7 series if you went 3-0 with a deck you had to switch to get the last win.

gutshot

Lorewalker Cho is actually kinda fun to mess around with. In one game I played him into a mage's Mirror Entity and insanity ensued. I think at one point I had 5 Fans of Knives in my hand.

In another game I got a golden Hunter to concede on turn 4 after Cho, Backstab, Deadly Poison and Conceal filled his hand and cleared his board. Good times!

SMgamer83

Temporarily, seems Blizzard is letting them all back, with the gold profits, golden heroes and everything else they "earned" untouched in a couple months.

So if they botted non-stop for a couple of weeks or more, they should still come out ahead, as it potentially could take a lot longer than 3 months to earn what you do botting if you play casually otherwise (especially when it comes to getting those 4,500 ranked wins in - that alone could take a normal casual player a couple years).

I like the idea that the next 3 months of card backs are the "honest people's" card backs :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom