• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiibomb

So if I have regular Rag and Sylv, I'm already getting 3200 back, so no point in crafting a golden right now. Am I understanding that correctly?

there is no point unless you really want to have golden ones of those, that takes you to 400 dust in profit.

So if I have regular Rag and Sylv, I'm already getting 3200 back, so no point in crafting a golden right now. Am I understanding that correctly?

There are basically two options.

Keep your normal legendary and gain 1600 dust.
Craft the golden version and disenchant the normal version and gain 400 dust.

So pretty much comes down to, what would you rather have? Golden Legendary + 400 dust or 1600 dust.

inky

there is no point unless you really want to have golden ones of those, that takes you to 0 dust in profit.

There are basically two options.

Keep your normal legendary and gain 1600 dust.
Craft the golden version and disenchant the normal version and gain 400 dust.

So pretty much comes down to, what would you rather have? Golden Legendary + 400 dust or 1600 dust.

Gotcha. Thanks.

Sad to see Azure Drake go of course. We'll see how that works out.

Still reading through the changes, but they seem rather small for what the game really needs. More cards a year at least, that's good news (except for all the gold grinding I guess).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
great title change. It's all about dat maiev now

wiibomb

maiev is a really old hero they created long ago for HS right? I think I already saw it long before but just until now they are releasing her

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I dont know WoW lore but im a Rogue player, should i be hyped for the new hero?
<3 Valeera <3

maiev is a really old hero they created long ago for HS right? I think I already saw it long before but just until now they are releasing her

Her voice acting was in the same set of leaks that leaked a bunch of LoE and Old Gods cards (well the names of them at least), as well as Tyrande, so it's been an open secret for over a year.

edit: the speculation was that Maiev was going to be the pack-in for Legion CE/Digital Deluxe, but that never happened (and there ended up being zero HS content at all in there, so I wonder if that was the original plan but something changed at the last minute?)

peakish

I really wish that Alexstrasza would be rotated. It's not that it's very dominant in the meta but it's always setting up some bullshit like few other cards. <- salty after losing to it three times tonight

I really wish that Alexstrasza would be rotated. It's not that it's very dominant in the meta but it's always setting up some bullshit like few other cards. <- salty after losing to it three times tonight

I feel like changing that "15" to a "20" would be a more elegant fix and make it a much more defensive card, and pretty much completely eliminate its uses in combo decks.

No one gets tilted against a defensively played Alexstraza.

Tacitus_

Damn, this is the hardest break lethal puzzle so far
wpXpem0.png

wiibomb

When they go on break, they put up a lethal puzzle scenario. Like one has a patches, gang up x2 and the 3/3 buff pirate. Now they put out that, out of the blue :lol

those where the ones who put the cellphone out of the books and the pirates after pirate warrior match? those were amazing

manhack

I just lost to a pirate warrior on turn 6 even though i coined reno on 5...fuck this game

I've played a ton of Reno decks and this happens more times than I care to remember. That said I don't think drawing and playing Reno on curve should be a guaranteed win condition.

peakish

I feel like changing that "15" to a "20" would be a more elegant fix and make it a much more defensive card, and pretty much completely eliminate its uses in combo decks.

No one gets tilted against a defensively played Alexstraza.
Maybe, although the symmetrical nature of 15 is pretty neat. I'd take either though I guess.

fertygo

Great news but I dislike the next heroic brawl gonna be in wi&#314;d format :(

I already prepping to grind with my standard renolock.. oh well all the gold gonna saved fo&#341; new expansion I guess.

Furo

I legit had to do a double take reading that dust paragraph

What the hell happened at team 5

ez golden Rag & Sylvanas

Tougher competition emerging (ygo duel links, shadowverse, gwent), which are all going for the time and money of the same target audience. It will be an interesting year for sure, hs is definitely forced to bring a great new expansion in april

ViviOggi

They always being lax on compensation thingie..

Nah for a while they even dodged a lot of changes that would have hit high-cost cards, this is unprecedented

Tougher competition emerging (ygo duel links, shadowverse, gwent), which are all going for the time and money of the same target audience. It will be an interesting year for sure, hs is definitely forced to bring a great new expansion in april

Yeah seems like we've finally reached the point where Blizzard has to stop resting on their laurels and start stepping up their game. A couple of post-HS CCGs like Eternal, Duelyst or Faeria have been comparatively generous but none of them managed to hit a large enough audience in the end. Shadowverse in particular showers you in free packs, it's crazy - meanwhile the new player experience in HS is still utterly dreadful

wiibomb

Interesting theorycraft/simulation on how the new rank floors will affect going from Rank 20- Rank 5 and Rank 5 - Legend:

https://us.reddit.com/r/Competitive...arison_of_games_needed_to_reach_rank_5legend/

At higher winrates it appears you will have a similar number of games to rank up, but at lower winrates it could be up to 100 less games to reach your goals.

it seems this really benefits the low winrate decks, yet they are still very far apart from each other and ladder should still benefit greatly from going with a good meta deck

fertygo

Nah for a while they even dodged a lot of changes that would have hit high-cost cards, this is unprecedented
They nerf the most popular new legendary and epic at their last nerf also did 30% free pack for the msog rarities problem.

I dont know I never feel they stingy for compensating at least recently.

ViviOggi

They nerf the most popular new legendary and epic at their last nerf also did 30% free pack for the msog rarities problem.

Could be that there's already been signs in the last couple of months, I've barely played since Karazhan. But before that they've been notoriously stingy in every regard since well they could get away with it.

Gwents pretty fun but it also is quite dull in terms of cards and how you acquire more of them. Ive also only lost one game out of 10 with a montster deck because you can win one round, force a loss on the second but the other guy has lost all his cards and then your OP hero power summons the last guy you spawned, so just make sure its your hero card for a easy wins haha

edit: then logged in and got trounced 3 times in a row

wiibomb

those are clear fuck-ups from them..

Just think how bad the meta would have gone if Yogg wasn't nerfed? and the packs are just screwing with peoples money because of bad programing, they have to make up for it, that isn't anything generous.

this is kind of the first time I felt HS is being generous... not so very generous, but at least enough.

Pooya

So you don't get full dust for de right?

I have lots of golden ice lances and kept them knowing some day it will bite the dust.... but now I only get 2x 400 dust and I get to keep all of them and de extras if I want to for normal value?

Time to craft a golden rag and sylvanas for free 1600 dust profit.

so this line

Up to the maximum number of cards you could put in a deck, we will give you the full dust value of any cards you have that are being added to the Hall of Fame set.

what if I have a normal sylvanas and a golden sylvanas? I only get dust for one???

fertygo

those are clear fuck-ups from them..

Just think how bad the meta would have gone if Yogg wasn't nerfed? and the packs are just screwing with peoples money because of bad programing, they have to make up for it, that isn't anything generous.

this is kind of the first time I felt HS is being generous... not so very generous, but at least enough.
I think Old Yogg is unplayable at this meta lol

There is a lot rambling they never nerf new card especially legendary.

About msog compensation.. sure its their mistake to begin with but regardless its a profit for player affected

Dahbomb

Great news but I dislike the next heroic brawl gonna be in wi&#314;d format :(

I already prepping to grind with my standard renolock.. oh well all the gold gonna saved fo&#341; new expansion.
That Brawl probably isn't happening until post rotation and Standard Renolock is probably going to be RIP in peace with no Reno Jackson.

Tough to say what the best Wild decks will be when that Brawl comes alongside the new nerfs. Haven't played Wild in a bit and it was started to get swarmed with the PPP.

fertygo

Btw without knowing what the new card in expansion that coming.

I'll say Burgly Bully on the spot to became the new Azure Drake as card that everyone playing.

Pooya

well, kazakus is like a stronger, far more consistent and flexbile old yogg honestly, somehow people don't get mad at this one because it's less RNG I guess. Yogg actually was more restrict with deck building and play style, you had to play lots of spells for it to do anything, kazakus condition is actually easier and faster to meet.

fertygo

I'll cry if they nerf Kazakus

not just because I really like the card, but I also DE'd the regular and golden dupe from pack, cause I think this one safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom