• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Blizzard

Banned
Innervate got to the cheesiest card in the game.
FUCK that card
I lose to Primordial Glyph or other Mage discovery cards, or repeated Priest spell/drakop discoveries, like 8x as often as I lose to innervate. Maybe it depends on the rank, but I don't mind Innervate that much.

Kaban

Currently at 7-2 with my Druid deck in arena. I've beaten mostly mages so far, which is crazy. Also helps that I drafted Y'Shaarj and Kun. In fact, when it got to my second legendary in the draft, I was given the option to pick Y'Shaarj a second time! Was tempted, but I couldn't turn down a Turn 10 Kun combo :p

wiibomb

Oh poor poor warrior.

Got against a Control Warrior just now, and I was using jade druid, the poor warrior was dealing with 14/14 and 15/15 golems and my deck aready had about 15 jade idols to draw.

The power of an alive fandral on a turn is just through the roof. Never let fandral alive.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Well well Blizzard Gods hooked me up tonight!

screenshot_20170527-2douq3.png

//ARCANUM

Hey! So a friend gave me a free card pack key, but I've redeemed the max # of free packs on my account so I can't use the code. I'm going to hide the code in the quote of this post, first person to grab it gets a free pack! :)

(For those unaware, to see the code, hit the quote button.) And please post if you grabbed it so others don't bother trying! :)

Grief.exe

Second time I've unpacked him. Didn't even think that would be possible

YxtGaaE.png

I already dusted the first one 😂😂😂😂

Zakalwe

Banned
Why? It's fairly easy to play around.

It is, but it's still one of the most annoying early plays. Especially when Hunter seem to pull early game drops so easily.

Last night's arena might have something to do with my stance:

First game vs Hunter.

Turn 1 - Cats
Turn 2 - Hyena
Turn 3 - 6/4 Hyena

Even in Arena ;_;

patchday

is this for real just tuned into America HCT and
dont recognize a single name (just saw the brackets). I only recognize one dude kinda-- muzzy

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I think I just played against a bot that was glitching out.

He just timed out constantly while also fairly methodically mousing over my cards, my face, his face and his hero power. Never made an actual move.

How do you find out it's a bot or not?

just overall playstyle, the biggest point is they will have an obvious rhythm to everything they do, another is once you have them by the balls they will keep up the same rhythm even if you're toying with them for 10+ turns and such, its kind of subjective but you usually can figure it out. they can still face roll you though with the nature of PW

Hycran

Banned
Got bored, made a card, OP enough?

XwecTuV.png

Pretty sick anti aggro tool, this could actually foster in a control meta. Obviously you would have to add additional control tools and ping effects but I wouldn't say it's too strong. Obviously it's legendary so you won't always have it and it's a pain in the ass in the late game.

Well done.

Fewr

get above rank 10 in wild and you will see tons of PW bots farming gold
Ah, I see. They're there to get the 30 wins max and earn their daily 100G. I never thought there'd be people who'd do that, but it makes sense to just let the bot do its thing and earn the gold.

Xanathus

Got bored, made a card, OP enough?

Your wording implies that it triggers at the end of both you and your opponent's turns which would make it brokenly OP, but it would still be OP against any minion-based deck even if it only triggered at the end of one player's turn.

IceMarker

Your wording implies that it triggers at the end of both you and your opponent's turns which would make it brokenly OP, but it would still be OP against any minion-based deck even if it only triggered at the end of one player's turn.

Ah shit I knew I messed something up, yes I meant only "your turn".

Pretty sick anti aggro tool, this could actually foster in a control meta. Obviously you would have to add additional control tools and ping effects but I wouldn't say it's too strong. Obviously it's legendary so you won't always have it and it's a pain in the ass in the late game.

Well done.
Thanks!

wiibomb

and umm, what would be the point of playing that card? I mean, the incentive is to play cards, not to keep them in hand as long as you can. It kinda defeats the point of the game

Blizzard

Banned
Imagine control warrior, except Whirlwind cost 0 mana instead of 1 mana and couldn't be counterspell'd.

Now imagine it could be used infinite times. It's not precisely the same because it's the end of your turn, but still.

Ladekabel

Silence Priest is one of the most fun decks I ever played in the game. Most of my games come mostly down to two scenarios: A: I draw my minions but not my silences and lose or B: I draw my silences but not my minions and I lose. The games where I draw both and hit my enemy with a 32/32 in the face are fun though.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Yeah that card would be beyond busted. Getting free value every turn without even playing the card. That's gross.

hmm, what if you made it 2 damage to yourself each turn for 1 damage to all minions

so it helps you on board but you have a reason to actually play it since it basically negates armor up

edit: you know, somewhere in the multiverse there's an interesting handbuff version of that card, where it starts as like a 4 mana 1/4 that does its attack damage to all characters every turn it ends in your hand.

Sande

and umm, what would be the point of playing that card? I mean, the incentive is to play cards, not to keep them in hand as long as you can. It kinda defeats the point of the game
It's a pretty interesting twist to have a card you're not supposed to play.

It could also be an understatted minion (or just a spell) that adds an overstatted minion to your hand with an "in hand" effect so you'd have to make the decision between keeping the effect or playing the powerful minion.

So for example a 3 mana spell "Add Johnson to your hand". Johnson: 2 mana 5/5 "If this is in your hand at the end of your turn, do X."

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
what happened to the deck importing feature? they announced it like two weeks ago.

They said the new patch would be available "in the coming weeks". Not exactly a super short timeframe.

Could have always been delayed until the next expansion's announcement.

TheContact

Haven't played Hs since the last single player expansion. Any good deck advise for someone wanting to come back into the game? I always liked priest the most

Top Bottom