• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Tagyhag

at this point I'm waiting on Blizzard to re-release Naxx, there are a lot of cards in that set that I could use and no way I'm crafting a loatheb.

apart from that, I don't think there are much legendaries I want from wild, only from standard.

I'm still confused why they just stopped selling the adventure all together. It's just more content for people to enjoy.

Sure the cards are Wild only but you can clearly state so before someone buys a Wing or the entire adventure.

It'd be like if WoW wouldn't let you access Wrath of the Lich King content anymore.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
The deck sharing feature is pretty nifty, i copied a deck from Hearthpwn and the game automatically recognized it when entering the collection.

fertygo

Playing burn mage it's been pretty 50/50 depending on if they get to 3 toughness before I get to volcanic potion.

Might be a good time to try evolve shaman again.
Nah mage is bad matchup especially if mage had early minion down.

If you want even better chance you switch to freeze.

Aggro druid is dominant aggro deck but its funny they had almost no way to deal with doomsayer

TankUP

Went ahead and added up all my wins across all servers (I main NA and do the f2p thing on EU/Asia)

1. Warrior 1277 (you can probably tell I'm a cwar fan with my name)
2. Druid 862 (my first love when I was new)
3. Shaman 771 (RIP Totem Golem)
4. Warlock 754 (warlock will return to standard ladder someday, and I'll be ready)
5. Mage 692 (hello)
6. Paladin 554
7. Priest 347
8. Hunter 266 (never liked Hunter)
9. Rogue 250 (I'm warming to rogue, but i think I had 4 golden classes before I even broke fifty Rogue wins)

Zakalwe

Banned
Second game in my current arena run. It's not going well, I manage to turn it around by some miracle and I have lethal next turn. He plays all mana, ropes.

I disconnect.

Rejoin doesn't work of course, so I have to quit and start up. Get back in just in time to see them deliver lethal.

Fml. ;_;

Lyng

Kripp is absolutely correct about the discover mechanic. Its way to much now. Every game against a priest or mage is zero skill now.

Hybris

Kripp is absolutely correct about the discover mechanic. Its way to much now. Every game against a priest or mage is zero skill now.

I don't think it's zero skill, but a good discover result can invalidate a lot of decisions made in the game. Extra ice blocks is probably the most infuriating. Played a game as freeze mage against burn mage a few days ago, really bad matchup, but I was playing it well and had a win on lock even if he got an extra ice block. Not when he gets 2 extra ice blocks though... I was so tilted.

I want a golden hero really bad. My main class is Warlock and I have 326 lifetime wins.

How can I get to 500 faster? I'm feeling like I've got another year of playing before I get there :(

TankUP

I want a golden hero really bad. My main class is Warlock and I have 326 lifetime wins.

How can I get to 500 faster? I'm feeling like I've got another year of playing before I get there :(

Play Wild zoolock well. Games will be fairly fast, you could do it in a month if you play enough.

Got a Deathwing from a Watch and Learn pack a couple weeks ago but haven't used him yet. Clearly, it's time to put him into Dragon Rogue and make shit happen.

sh1fty

I keep running across Quest Rogues in Wild... they aren't running any Wild cards from what I can tell so I'm not sure what they are doing there... Pretty annoying because I'm purposely playing Wild to avoid playing them :(

IceMarker

I am so fucking sick of Quest Rogue, I hope they print a card that reads "Battlecry: Destroy your opponents Quest and dust it." even if that means trashing the other quests.

I don't give a shit anymore I want this bullshit out of Hearthstone.

sibarraz

Banned
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/humankind-the-awakening-android-ios#/

Don't know if is against the rules, but I wanted to share an indiegogo initiatiave from a CCG from my country Chile were a friend is working on it.

A little background, humankid was a TCG that was released here 10 years ago, and now this studio decided to revive it as a digital game. They had been working a good time on it and the stretch goal isn't high, so I trust them on its release. It should appear on mobile and steam

And interesting feature is the inclusion of a trade market, were you can sell and buy cards

Fixed1979

Disagree on the zero skill, there are some not so easy decisions along the way that can make or break a game. Obviously there are supper easy picks as well.

I do agree that there are just too many now though, part of playing a CCG is anticipating your opponents play, and having so many discover cards makes that extremely difficult. I'm sure everyone has experienced it, yesterday I got caught by a quest rogue with his 3rd vanish which cost me the game.

I am so fucking sick of Quest Rogue, I hope they print a card that reads "Battlecry: Destroy your opponents Quest and dust it." even if that means trashing the other quests.

I don't give a shit anymore I want this bullshit out of Hearthstone.

It will be...in two years.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
When you start complaining about Discover, that's a sign you should quit Hearthstone.

Fixed1979

When you start complaining about Discover, that's a sign you should quit Hearthstone.

Complaining about the mechanic is one thing, but I feel that we have reached or possibly exceeded the maximum amount of discover cards that should be in the game. I like the mechanic and hope it stays with us but it's been pushed so far now I don't think any additional cards would help the game or make it more enjoyable to play.

Ladekabel

Game would be great if you could do something against Quest Rogues turns and the spell generating from Mage. The latter is especially infuriating.

You don't think that Primordial Glyph is one of the most unfun cards to play against? I think Kripp made a good point. The mechanic is good but overdone currently.

IceMarker

Literally the only card that stops Quest Rogue bullshit is Dirty Rat (and Loatheb in Wild, but that card is beautiful anyways) and even that is a crap shoot, plus you need the mana to be able to destroy whatever you pull, or you know, they just play Flame Elemental 4 times.

TankUP

The way you stop quest rogue is by pressuring them. Quest rogue has a place in this meta when too many people are playing slow decks. It's a corrective force. When people are playing faster/tempo driven decks, quest rogue suffer and goes away. Quest rogue disappears off of ladder, and the slow decks come back to prey on all the fast decks people were playing to counter QR. Then the fast decks disappear, and then QR comes back to prey on those decks and people start playing faster decks.

It's called a healthy meta. Counters exist for every type of deck which keeps things as close to balanced as they've ever been.

Fixed1979

The way you stop quest rogue is by pressuring them. Quest rogue has a place in this meta when too many people are playing slow decks. It's a corrective force. When people are playing faster/tempo driven decks, quest rogue suffer and goes away. Quest rogue disappears off of ladder, and the slow decks come back to prey on all the fast decks people were playing to counter QR. Then the fast decks disappear, and then QR comes back to prey on those decks and people start playing faster decks.

It's called a healthy meta. Counters exist for every type of deck which keeps things as close to balanced as they've ever been.

I think the way to beat them is clear... Most peoples problem is that the deck is one of if not the least enjoyable to play against.

IceMarker

Even my slightly aggressive midrange decks are a crap shoot vs Quest Rogue. I know to pressure them, doesn't mean I have a chance in hell of winning when they start throwing 5/5s on the board en masse on turn 5. If I even manange to get them down to 15 hp they just defensively trade bounce/heal/freeze etc and it's GG because they ran me out of resources. The only time I win with midrange/control is if they drew like shit or I happen to live long enough for some well timed board clears, which by the way doesn't exist until turn 6 (Unless you're Paladin with Equality/Pyro).

Game would be great if you could do something against Quest Rogues turns and the spell generating from Mage. The latter is especially infuriating.

You don't think that Primordial Glyph is one of the most unfun cards to play against? I think Kripp made a good point. The mechanic is good but overdone currently.
I'd say it's fair, but there's definitely some funky interactions. Mage didn't need Glyph, Stonehill Defender is an auto include in Paladin because of the Tirion hitrate, and Shadow Visions is borderline dumb with stuff like Dragon Fire Potion.

Top Bottom