• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

OK thanks. I don't have Fandral or Aya so added in druid of the claw and I also only have one tar creeper so added in stonehill defender.

Man decks are so expensive! I'm missing two of the key legendaries in this deck. Is it even worth running without them? It sucks though as don't have the new legendaries for Paladin either, don't have lyra for priest, etc. Not sure what to run expect boring cheap midrange hunter or quest rogue that is getting nerfed. I've also got the Warrior quest but I sucked at that too.

Druid of the Claw is too slow against aggro. Feral Rage is cheaper if you want 4 damage.

Stonehill is not a great substitute for Tar Creeper; it's more of a value card (discover a useful Taunt for later) than a card you play on curve (it's not great against aggro). Does Druid have any good Taunt minions (that aren't a choice)?

Not sure about the Verdant Longneck. Seems too slow.

Thalnos is okay since you don't have a second Drake. 2 damage AoE (used with Swipe) is so valuable against tokens. And in a pinch, it can be combined with Wrath. But I would toss it in the mulligan since you really should be ramping early.

I would definitely craft Aya, though. Useful in Shaman decks and may even make a return in Jade Rogue with QR on the way out.

wiibomb

I know this might be silly, but I actually would like the app to display some kind of cutscene or video about celebrations like the one for tomorrow. So far they have done that only for the new standard year.

I want to play some now, but have a "Destroy 40 Minions" quest I dont want to complete until the x2.

Is the game forcing me to play Smorc Hunter?

Sheroking

I assume the double gold thing starts at 12pm PT with tomorrow's quest?

I'm literally 6 damage from completing a quest and would rather sit on it, so I need to know when this starts.

I'd let someone else been the guinea pig before testing the x2 yourself.

Wait until someone else here, or on Reddit moans or celebrates!

It'll actually display the correct amount of gold the quest is worth when the event is finally active, at least judging by this screenshot on Reddit from the other day.

RAmyaVO.png

Druid of the Claw is too slow against aggro. Feral Rage is cheaper if you want 4 damage.

Stonehill is not a great substitute for Tar Creeper; it's more of a value card (discover a useful Taunt for later) than a card you play on curve (it's not great against aggro). Does Druid have any good Taunt minions (that aren't a choice)?

Not sure about the Verdant Longneck. Seems too slow.

Thalnos is okay since you don't have a second Drake. 2 damage AoE (used with Swipe) is so valuable against tokens. And in a pinch, it can be combined with Wrath. But I would toss it in the mulligan since you really should be ramping early.

I would definitely craft Aya, though. Useful in Shaman decks and may even make a return in Jade Rogue with QR on the way out.

OK awesome, I'll make some changes based on the above. I guess I could craft Aya, I'll get some dust from the quest rogue nerf right? I'm just always reluctant to go all in on a deck I probably won't be running a month from now.

Double gold eh? Guess it's a good thing I didn't play today. And I have the friend quest and two 60g quests. Very nice.

Does it last until Sunday? The page wouldn't load properly for me for some reason.

TankUP

Brawl is up (in NA) "Description: Defeat your opponent, but if you feed an ever-growing, minion-eating, tiny Fire Lord, there may be a reward in it for you!" (also double gold)

ice block seems pretty stupid in this brawl. feels like it'll either be that or priest.

you can basically just play a modified freeze mage without having to worry about contesting the board but still having the burn and card draw since acolyte is OP LOL. can slot in the high health minions like doomsayer and nerubian egg.

gutshot

Interesting that they are giving away so much free gold right before the expansion. They must have taken seriously those criticisms of the expansions being too expensive.

it depends where the meta goes i suppose, but rn i've won 9 straight with this, ice block is just dumb. mana wyrm and book are kinda eh but idk what i'd drop them with since you kinda just want cheap cards you can dump out since card draw is so easy, makes ice lance > frostbolt > fireball almost always available by turn 7 and the chances of your opponent not being weak to them at that point are p damn low unless there's a way to make priest heal faster than this burns, not sure there is

### Brawl Deck
# Class: Mage
# Format: Wild
#
# 1x (0) Forbidden Flame
# 1x (1) Arcane Blast
# 2x (1) Babbling Book
# 2x (1) Ice Lance
# 2x (1) Mana Wyrm
# 2x (1) Mirror Image
# 2x (2) Doomsayer
# 2x (2) Frostbolt
# 2x (2) Mad Scientist
# 2x (2) Medivh's Valet
# 2x (2) Nerubian Egg
# 2x (2) Primordial Glyph
# 2x (3) Acolyte of Pain
# 2x (3) Arcane Intellect
# 2x (3) Ice Block
# 2x (4) Fireball
#
AAEBAf0EAowUjawCDooBrAHAAbsClQOrBJYFvAj7DPcN+g2BsgLXtgKYxAIA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

actually drop apprentice in there for sure for the OTK burn since devolves are starting to pop up. thalnos is a good slot in as well but idk if it beats out anything already listed really

Magnus

There's apparently multiple reward tiers. Getting Rag to 10 attacks replaces your greetings emote with a fire festival one.
Final reward is when you get him to 100.

Announced yesterday.

I had the festival Greetings emote already...but I think I noticed some fireworks around the Wow emote after I hit 10?

Damn that moonfire acolyte pyromancer build for jade druid has so much more game against aggro decks than the previous builds. Almost makes me want to craft Yogg again, currently kept a Primordial Drake in its stead.

TankUP

Level 1 Fireworks: 10 kills
Level 2 Fireworks: 30 kills
Level 3 Fireworks: 60 kills
does NOT have to be in one game, they accumulate.

I made tempo mage with eggs. Did pretty well.

Pooya

It's really surprising that I still haven't played a patron mirror in this brawl. It's very obvious, instead there are a lot of inner fire priests.

It's really surprising that I still haven't played a patron mirror in this brawl. It's very obvious, instead there are a lot of inner fire priests.

i played against one, let him get a full board while i had ice block up and GG, rag won't switch sides if their board is full and ice block means the board can't do a thing

Top Bottom