• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

TankUP

Rogue is my favorite class and hell no I won't be excited. Shit they hyped up patches gang up rogue before msog. I put 0 faith in this.

Rogue has gotten great cards consistently, yet Rogue fans are always doom'n'gloom every spoiler season.

And it's not like Patches hasn't been a rogue staple since MSOG.

Blizzard

Banned
Jerry Mascho, Senior Concept Artist: My favorite combination so far is Vicious Fledgling with Stonetusk Boar, so you get a Charge minion that Adapts every time it hits face.
Stonetusk boar confirmed to last forever.

Hybris

Rogue has gotten great cards consistently, yet Rogue fans are always doom'n'gloom every spoiler season.

Both good points. I probably shouldn't be look at these hero cards as deck centerpieces .

wiibomb

Both good points. I probably shouldn't be look at these hero cards as deck centerpieces .

exactly, this why these cards might work beyond what quests did, these are considered to be endgame pieces, so in that regard as a 1 off, they can perfectly fit in different archetypes, old or new.

TankUP

Since they confirmed you can't force-draw this from your deck with a card like Arcanologist or Ancient Harbringer, I don't know that you can completely build your deck around it.

Maybe they'll just be your late game plan similar to the way the two Elises work.

Rogue just played Questing Adventurer and buffed it to 10/10 with taunt all on turn 3.

Okay I guess. Being able to actually play the game in some way would be nice but that works too.

Edit: Next match is another Rogue that plays Questing Adventurer and buffs it to a 7/7 all on turn 4. This sure is fun.

Edit 2: Next match after that is a Rogue that gets Aya off of Mimic Pod and then Shadowcasters it. Well that was a nice three games of Hearthstone. Maybe another time then.

Tacitus_

pls no rogue meta
1x

Ladekabel

Rogue just played Questing Adventurer and buffed it to 10/10 with taunt all on turn 3.

Okay I guess. Being able to actually play the game in some way would be nice but that works too.

Edit: Next match is another Rogue that plays Questing Adventurer and buffs it to a 7/7 all on turn 4. This sure is fun.

Edit 2: Next match after that is a Rogue that gets Aya off of Mimic Pod and then Shadowcasters it. Well that was a nice three games of Hearthstone. Maybe another time then.

Now you know how we felt when Shaman was on top and all you could do was hoping you had your answers when they were dropping their 0 mana 5/5s while hitting you in the face with their 1 mana 6/3.

Having played since beta, rogue actually got very few good cards in sets until around league of explorer.

In GVG rogue got tinker oil, but that is about it. I don't recall many strong rogue cards in naxx or BRM. Mediocre cards, perhaps. Mostly bad cards in grand tournament.

Does OG have great rogue cards? Not really. Maybe shadowstrike. Swashburglar is good from ONIK. GVG has some strong rogue cards, many niche though.

I think you've greatly overstated how rogue get consistently great cards.

Add in the fact that every rotation rogue loses great cards.

Personally I never thought rogue was in a bad spot coming into this season. I knew quest rogue had high potential and even miracle rogue, called sherazin's strength right off the bat.

Having played since beta, rogue actually got very few good cards in sets until around league of explorer.

In GVG rogue got tinker oil, but that is about it. I don't recall many strong rogue cards in naxx or BRM. Mediocre cards, perhaps. Mostly bad cards in grand tournament.

Does OG have great rogue cards? Not really. Maybe shadowstrike. Swashburglar is good from ONIK. GVG has some strong rogue cards, many niche though.

Personally I never thought rogue was in a bad spot coming into this season. I knew quest rogue had high potential and even miracle rogue, called sherazin's strength right off the bat.
Xaril? Rogue has gotten a playable legendary every single of the last 3 expansions, though I still think Shaku is bad.

Now you know how we felt when Shaman was on top and all you could do was hoping you had your answers when they were dropping their 0 mana 5/5s while hitting you in the face with their 1 mana 6/3.

Are you implying I didn't know what it felt like?

I didn't play aggro Shaman, my total game count with the archetype across the lifetime of Hearthstone is probably less than a handful. I was also right next to everyone else in saying cards like Trogg and Doomhammer needed a nerf.

The only card I really defended was Thing from Below and that card pretty much got knocked in line when they nerfed Tuskarr.

I'd still say most of rogue deck compositions were classic cards up til around ONIK, maybe even still more than 50% at that point.
Was that so uncommon really? They tuned down power level hard after with TGT and GVG and Naxx were eventually removed to create standard.
Are you implying I didn't know what it felt like?

I didn't play aggro Shaman, my total game count with the archetype across the lifetime of Hearthstone is probably less than a handful. I was also right next to everyone else in saying cards like Trogg and Doomhammer needed a nerf.

The only card I really defended was Thing from Below and that card pretty much got knocked in line when they nerfed Tuskarr.
I on the other hand got 4/5ths the way to golden shaman with aggro and midrange shaman. I loved these decks, especially before they needed rockbiter to combo with doomhammer and Alakir so much burst.

Hybris

Xaril? Rogue has gotten a playable legendary every single of the last 3 expansions, though I still think Shaku is bad.

Shaku is actually quite good in miracle rogue at the moment. It's just that there's a lot of choices for 3 drops in miracle. It's one of the strengths of the deck that you can heavily target different decks just by changing your 3 drops around.

rahji

well, it was a good idea to start a new arena run. drafted a very good mage deck and 5 wins so far.

edit: aaand 5-3

but in the pack i got lyra :D yeeeah

Was that so uncommon really? They tuned down power level hard after with TGT and GVG and Naxx were eventually removed to create standard.

I'm trying to recall an OG miracle rogue list. It was probably around 28 classic cards plus 2 tomb pillagers. Maybe a shadowstrike? Xaril was not ran in most lists once refined.

Onik added swashburglars. Sometimes arcane giants were ran, but the archetype was weaker than the standard so not really played at all.

gadgetzan added patches and STB before nerf.

I think saying 50% of the deck was classic is just too conservative. More like 75-90%.

TankUP

Well Rogue has gotten cards the last two expansions at least that were heavily criticized and ended up seeing a lot of play. Heck, the last three class legendaries for Rogue all saw play--not something many classes can say.

I know not every Rogue fan was outraged after seeing Coin or the legendaries but the loudest ones were.

MSG: Coin (staple), Shaku (frequently used), Jade (niche archetype)

Un'goro: Mimic Pod, Razorpetal Lasher, Sherazin, Vilespine, Hallucination

Shaku is actually quite good in miracle rogue at the moment. It's just that there's a lot of choices for 3 drops in miracle. It's one of the strengths of the deck that you can heavily target different decks just by changing your 3 drops around.
I know he's being played I just don't agree with the inclusion.
I'm trying to recall an OG miracle rogue list. It was probably around 28 classic cards plus 2 tomb pillagers. Maybe a shadowstrike? Xaril was not ran in most lists once refined.

Onik added swashburglars. Sometimes arcane giants were ran, but the archetype was weaker than the standard so not really played at all.

gadgetzan added patches and STB before nerf.

I think saying 50% of the deck was classic is just too conservative. More like 75-90%.
No different Freeze Mage until HoF and rotation did that deck even run a single OG card? Can't think of another deck like that though.

Yeah Xaril eveventually got cut but she was and still is pretty playable.
Rogue moved into burst back then which Xaril is very bad at.

Dahbomb

If that's actually real then that's a pretty bad Legendary. Not worth making an Elemental deck for it, the tempo loss is insane and the reward isn't even that great.

Dahbomb

Oh wait we don't know what the hero power is as it's not printed on there.

If the hero power is something like "2 mana Summon a Water Elemental" or something beefy then it could end up being good.

https://twitter.com/HSTopDecks/status/888157408199036928

Supposedly Jaina Hero card leaked. I think it's fake, but here it is so you can judge for yourself.

DFNeb-JU0AIKXK7.png

I think it's fake. The hero power for that card would have to be brokenly strong to justify 9 cost.

Well Rogue has gotten cards the last two expansions at least that were heavily criticized and ended up seeing a lot of play. Heck, the last three class legendaries for Rogue all saw play--not something many classes can say.

I know not every Rogue fan was outraged after seeing Coin or the legendaries but the loudest ones were.

MSG: Coin (staple), Shaku (frequently used), Jade (niche archetype)

Un'goro: Mimic Pod, Razorpetal Lasher, Sherazin, Vilespine, Hallucination

You probably visit too much reddit :)

Dahbomb

New hero power: 2 mana summon a 3/6 Water Elemental that freezes and has life steal.

That's like almost Jaraxxus level good hero power and you don't have to set your life to 15 to use it.

fertygo

Mage among the class that can afford 9 mana hero card until Ice Block rotated at least

Like if the hero power is something like Dahbomb said its can made current burn mage fight against jade druid.. altho maybe its need "cast blizzard" as battlecry for 9 mana card

Ketch

If your elemental has lifesteal and battlecry deal 3 damage. Does the battle cry heal you?

Besides. Mages new hero power is gonna be 2mana deal 1 and freeze the target.

Top Bottom