• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Pooya

yeah, it's very much like Rhonin, I mentioned above too but Rhonin was played for synergy with malygos/flamewaker/antonidas and things like that. I'm not sure what this card enables that is worthwhile. We'll see. Right now I feel Pyros/Medivh/Elise/Cabalist's Tome/Yogg are all far better options. Maybe next rotation?

wiibomb

ohh yes... ohhhh yes, not only it is a dragon (which I absolutely love), it also is a huge value card.

I think the frozen champions needed taunt, though, that way Sindragosa could also work as a defensive card.

FeD.nL

I do think the design is interesting, because you put down an 8/8 the opponent wants to kill and 2 0/1's he doesn't want to kill. Could lead to interesting board states where an AoE + minion for the value trade isn't the right option.

But still I wonder if you should be scared of 2 random legendaries considering the amount of bad ones there are. Probably not, ah well interesting card nonetheless.

That's really slow but Mage can often afford to be slow. Solid value but Mage already has great value.

Rhonin comp is accurate, just more swingy. Which means people will at least try it a lot.
ohh yes... ohhhh yes, not only it is a dragon (which I absolutely love), it also is a huge value card.

I think the frozen champions needed taunt, though, that way Sindragosa could also work as a defensive card.
Mage shouldn't really get solid defensive cards at this point.

gutshot

yeah, it's very much like Rhonin, I mentioned above too but Rhonin was played for synergy with malygos/flamewaker/antonidas and things like that. I'm not sure what this card enables that is worthwhile. We'll see. Right now I feel Pyros/Medivh/Elise/Cabalist's Tome/Yogg are all better options.

Unlike Rhonin, Sindragosa doesn't require any combos to get supreme value. You just play it and eventually gain two random Legendaries. It would go in a control/grinder Mage deck in addition to most of the cards you list above, not replacing any of them. Not sure if it will be a staple, but it is definitely a worthwhile option.

Pooya

If they had taunt it would be a very good card.

Unlike Rhonin, Sindragosa doesn't require any combos to get supreme value. You just play it and eventually gain two random Legendaries. It would go in a control/grinder Mage deck in addition to most of the cards you list above. Not sure if it will be a staple, but it is definitely a worthwhile option.

Well with Rhonin you'd just win the game. This doesn't win the game, not even close.

Xanathus

Sindragosa easily sees play in Reno Nzoth Mage in Wild, you get so much value with it that you can cut other threats from your deck like Dr. Boom and put in more early anti-aggro/stall cards instead. In Standard eh....

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Sindragosa easily sees play in Reno Nzoth Mage in Wild, you get so much value with it that you can cut other threats from your deck like Dr. Boom and put in more early anti-aggro/stall cards instead. In Standard eh....

Yep I think this card might edge out Dr. Boom from the Reno Wild Mage list. That's something pretty good if you get to edge out Dr. 7. You need the N'Zoth synergy to make it worth it though otherwise I don't think you'd bother.

That said, I don't see it in standard constructed unless that mode slows down a ton with this release, which I severely doubt.

This is a god-tier pick in arena. You can afford to be slow in arena and this is basically 3 legendaries in 1. An 8/8 dragon and two randoms eventually. Will probably end up as one of Mage's highest value legendaries.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
So looking at the slowest cards that currently get played, I'm seeing Pyros and Elise.

Ramp Druid has a bunch of slow cards, but that's basically an MTG graveyard deck.

dumbo

That said, I don't see it in standard constructed unless that mode slows down a ton with this release, which I severely doubt.

It may slow down a bit due to lifesteal and the hero cards? We also haven't seen any new taunts yet (or even lifesteal taunts?)

Otherwise, yes, for a meta with pirate warrior in tier 1, these cards seem quite slow.

Pooya

You'd play this card in big druid. It's just card draw into potentially big minions that that deck wants and you could play deathwing after and have cards in your hand. That's very powerful.

It's a shame it's a mage card.

Schnauzer

I really hope the Dragon Archetype comes back. I really enjoyed it. I also love dragons. I even had some success with paladin dragon back in the day.

Images are really small but two new cards from the newest Blizzard blog post.

Edit: Updated with larger images.

636366674481640145.png

636366675614233769.png

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Obviously the warrior card is not a turn two play and is pretty bad against control but seems like a solid anti pirate tech.

Hycran

Banned
coldwraith might fit quest mage lol

Cold wraith is a wicked card. Every mage deck in the history of forever has run frost bolt. Turn 5 draw card with removal as well as just a nice thick three drop. This thing will be a beast in arena due to stats and may see constructed play in more tempo oriented decks like secret mage.

Grief.exe

I don't think pure armor cards typically see play unless they're attached to another effect, like card draw.

Adding 10 armor for cheap with a drawback is great, but probably not viable in competitive play.

Cold wraith is a wicked card. Every mage deck in the history of forever has run frost bolt. Turn 5 draw card with removal as well as just a nice thick three drop. This thing will be a beast in arena due to stats and may see constructed play in more tempo oriented decks like secret mage.

But having to frost bolt on turn 5 just to get some extra stats on a 3 drop, I am not sure if this is a good strategy. I think it could be good in a deck with more consistent ways to trigger the draw.

I don't think pure armor cards typically see play unless they're attached to another effect, like card draw.

Adding 10 armor for cheap with a drawback is great, but probably not viable in competitive play.

I disagree. See forbidden healing. Pure sustain but the amount of sustain and flexibility made it often a 2 of in control decks. It's basically so much value off 2 mana and a single card I think there is a solid chance this sees play. The mana reduction, while not nothing, can be mitigated by using the spell when their hand is already low.

I disagree. See forbidden healing. Pure sustain but the amount of sustain and flexibility made it often a 2 of in control decks. It's basically so much value off 2 mana and a single card I think there is a solid chance this sees play. The mana reduction, while not nothing, can be mitigated by using the spell when their hand is already low.
but bring it on doesn't have versatility nor does it scale anywhere near it. In control matchups the downside is also much bigger. As long as you have access to shield block, it's gonna be tough for this card.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
That might be the most hilarious spell I've ever seen.

Would be a good way to bait your opponent in playing into a brawl but otherwise seems bad. Probably not even great against burn since you don't want to lower the Mana cost of Abtonidas.

Pure lifegain can see play if it can counter two or more burns spells. Usually 8+ health can do the trick.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
We're starting to get some really interesting cards.

But i still think they have to nerf Aggro to have enough time to play these interesting cards.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
2 cost
Gain 10 armor
No drawback

Might not even see play

Healing Touch is 8 health for 3 Mana and it saw light play. Greater Healing Potion is 4 Mana for 14 health I think? Reno Priest wasn't crazy for running it. Armor is even better. 10 armor for 2 Mana is very good.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Bring it on seems like a tech choice against very specific decks, I could see it backfiring a lot, hard to say if it would see play.

Coldwraith is cool though, I could see the card being very playable. A Spider Tank with a potential upside.

Blizzard

Banned
That was weird. I got an easy win with Nefarian in the brawl, then figured I'd go hard mode and try to win with Ragnaros.

I then got Nefarian 8 more times in a row. I surrendered, handing out free wins and packs like candy, just because I was DETERMINED it was possible to get Ragnaros.

Considering my 4% arena streak the last few days, maybe Hearthstone RNG is broken for me. :p

fertygo

Its gonna see play at least in high rank play if its still revolve around counterqueue like now

these warrior new card is super nuts vs aggro

you counter q aggro anything with these card, bam

That was weird. I got an easy win with Nefarian in the brawl, then figured I'd go hard mode and try to win with Ragnaros.

I then got Nefarian 8 more times in a row. I surrendered, handing out free wins and packs like candy, just because I was DETERMINED it was possible to get Ragnaros.

Considering my 4% arena streak the last few days, maybe Hearthstone RNG is broken for me. :p

I had that same experience.

Hybris

Warrior card is pretty awful. The matchups where it would be good are already favorable matchups. And it can be disastrous in others. This is unplayable IMO.

I'm on the fence about the mage card. At first glance, holy shit it's strong. But you can't take advantage of the battle cry on turn 3. Frost bolting something and leaving it alive isn't something that happens regularly before turn 6, so it probably won't even be a turn 5 play. Mage already has such consistent and powerful drawing tools. Do they need another one that has an awkward condition attached to it? It has potential, but without some new and low resource freeze effects this probably won't see play.

Pooya

it's a high skill card knowing when to play it. I like it, it's somewhat like dirty rat. Sometimes you can get away with it, it's not something you'd ever keep, that's the easy part.

Mage card? It's hard to say without seeing rest of the cards. It has vanilla stats with potential upside, seems ok. I don't think you play this in freeze mage though. It seems they're pushing some kind of mid range style freeze mage in place of a burn deck. You have stuff on board, you freeze stuff push face, can be very powerful. There is a card in msog too that becomes a 7/7 if something is frozen.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Man I do not know what to think on that Warrior card.
Against aggro it's probably good. 10 HP is a lot and their minions are already cheap. Especially decks like Egg druid where a lot of the minions are 1-2 cost.
Against control it is certainly bad.
Against more midrange-y decks I am uncertain. 10HP is a lot in that sort of match, but you give so much possible tempo to the opponent that I'm not sure I'd want to mess around with it. Giving Hunter a 4 mana Highmane seems like it isn't worth the 10 HP, but maybe it saves your life in the long run. Would need to try it to see. Interesting card, although uncertain how good it is.

The mage card has premium stats for 3 mana. 3/4 for 3 cards seem to always see play regardless of whatever else they do. If the effect is slightly beneficial it will see play. For references see: Spellslinger and Manic Soulcaster. With frostbolt being a constant staple, this will see some play.

2 mana means you can fit it in anywhere on a turn you're not going to die. You can basically wait til they're low on resources and play it. And if they go wide on the board you have brawl to clean up. This isn't rocket science. 2 mana makes it versatile.

Exactly. This is "Hero Power for 10". If aggro is still around, there's a 100% chance this gets play. You can even bait people into a Brawl with it. Great card.

FeD.nL

Hmm, unless there are some more interesting armor interactions in this expansion I'm not really high on the card. It's certainly interesting but I don't know if a gain armor spell that does nothing else for the Warrior that plays it is good enough, see: Iron Hide.

Mage card is good though.

Top Bottom